Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 93610 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #315 on: October 02, 2020, 04:48:17 PM »
I did report it, his post was removed and no warning points appear to have been awarded.  Did you deal with it I wonder?  I think we have a right to point out inconsistencies in the way we are all treated, s'all.

It's not usual for moderators to inform members what actions they have taken and why. This area has been set aside for discussions on Moderation, the other threads are for discussing their subjects, as written in the titles.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #316 on: October 03, 2020, 09:08:30 AM »
It's not usual for moderators to inform members what actions they have taken and why. This area has been set aside for discussions on Moderation, the other threads are for discussing their subjects, as written in the titles.
The General posted a nasty, scathing attack on Sadie and received no warning and therefore no points.  I want to know why not, when I got points for pointing this out to the forum.  If you won't address this issue, then perhaps another moderator could explain?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #317 on: October 03, 2020, 01:54:40 PM »
The General posted a nasty, scathing attack on Sadie and received no warning and therefore no points.  I want to know why not, when I got points for pointing this out to the forum.  If you won't address this issue, then perhaps another moderator could explain?

I can explain why you got points. I know that you know the rules because I spent time explaining them to you here. You made it plain here that you preferred to ignore them. You did so with your post and you did it deliberately. Your post was off topic, goading, critical of the moderators and of the way the forum works.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Admin

« Reply #318 on: October 03, 2020, 04:11:51 PM »
I have read the last few pages of this thread with interest and removed those posts which have no place here.

The rules are very straightforward, abide by them and you are most welcome, abuse the facility and you will be removed. And on that point let me assure that this applies to all members. It is not the first time a member has had their account deleted after a period of prolonged agitation.

The reporting system on this forum is there for all to use. There is no point in complaining afterwards if you can't be bothered to report rules breaches. You also have the option to message a member of the Admin team if deemed necessary.

Anyone with further questions related to moderation please message me.

Admin

« Last Edit: October 03, 2020, 04:16:10 PM by Admin »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #319 on: October 03, 2020, 04:21:04 PM »
I can explain why you got points. I know that you know the rules because I spent time explaining them to you here. You made it plain here that you preferred to ignore them. You did so with your post and you did it deliberately. Your post was off topic, goading, critical of the moderators and of the way the forum works.
I got points for a) pointing out that you post was off topic (which it was) and b) pointing out that the General's post was an ad hom (which it was).  No one can explain to me why making two factual posts should result in a warning, when a nasty attack on Sadie should result in no warning. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #320 on: October 03, 2020, 04:22:37 PM »
I have read the last few pages of this thread with interest and removed those posts which have no place here.

The rules are very straightforward, abide by them and you are most welcome, abuse the facility and you will be removed. And on that point let me assure that this applies to all members. It is not the first time a member has had their account deleted after a period of prolonged agitation.

The reporting system on this forum is there for all to use. There is no point in complaining afterwards if you can't be bothered to report rules breaches. You also have the option to message a member of the Admin team if deemed necessary.

Admin
I reported the scathing, ad hom attack on The General, and though it was removed the General received no points for it, while I DID for pointing out that it was a nasty scathing attack.  Is that fair moderating?  I think not.  Delete away, give me points, ban me, do what you think best. 

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #321 on: October 04, 2020, 03:06:32 PM »

Why should posters follow the rules when some moderators dont and compalaints to admin go unaswerred

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #322 on: October 04, 2020, 06:40:41 PM »
Why should posters follow the rules when some moderators dont and compalaints to admin go unaswerred
Good question.  Just been sworn at twice in the same post by the moderator who gave me a warning for my bad language.  Perhaps the number one rule around these parts is “do as I say, not as I do”?

Offline lane99

« Reply #323 on: October 17, 2020, 07:50:06 PM »
I'll take a stab this might be an appropriate subsection for this:  please remove the "on a slum tourism trip" from the description of Anni Hindocha's forum section.  As that is not true.  That was a claim her husband made to explain their otherwise inexplicable nighttime trip into the township.

And even her husband no longer makes that claim.  By the time of his trial he had concocted another excuse to try and explain the taxi ride into the township.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #324 on: October 19, 2020, 09:58:41 PM »
Can someone please point me to the forum rule that says it is forbidden to be condescending towards another member?  I would like to clarify exactly what being condescending means as I intend to report all condescending posts from now on and will be watching closely to ensure that others receive warnings for breaking this  rule.  Many thanks.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #325 on: October 23, 2020, 01:16:39 PM »
Can someone please point me to the forum rule that says it is forbidden to be condescending towards another member?  I would like to clarify exactly what being condescending means as I intend to report all condescending posts from now on and will be watching closely to ensure that others receive warnings for breaking this  rule.  Many thanks.

I think it's just a matter about choosing your words carefully when replying to posters who are plainly quite thick

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #326 on: October 25, 2020, 12:31:40 PM »
Threatened for pointing out the truth - that Angelo's post was goading (which it clearly was) - guys if you can't handle the truth and you want to shut me up permanently don't threaten me,  just do it. 

Vertigo Swirl,

You have received a warning for posting inappropriate criticism of this forum. This is not the first time you have made such comments.

If you wish to remain a member I suggest you consider such responses extremely carefully in future.

Regards,
The UK Justice Forum Team

----------------------------------

ADIOS AMIGOS!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #327 on: October 27, 2020, 04:46:55 PM »
testing testing 123

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #328 on: November 16, 2020, 08:23:30 PM »

Admin

I dodn't think the rules are straightforward. some are left for arbitration of certain mods enforcing their interpretation of the rules.

As an  example- I was given points for modifying my post after a mod had modified it. The crime was. you can't modify a post  to the change the meaning after a mod has modified it?????

err why not?  If it has been changed to change a meaning of a message then I am entitled to correct that to make my message clear and not the mods interpretation of my post.

Also, criticizing a post should be allowed, however some mods feel this is against the rules as they claim MODS  are above criticism?  what really? poor wee mites.  Some are down right cheeky and insulting to posters and get away with it as other mods are too scared to speak up or delete their posts.

I do hope this is the correct thread to air this grievance  8**8:/:
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #329 on: February 11, 2021, 01:38:47 PM »
I have received a warning for libel - could a mod kindly tell me who I have libelled please?  If I don't know who or how I have libelled I am liable to libel again.  Many thanks for your co-operation.