Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 44663 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #345 on: February 11, 2021, 05:34:39 PM »
The irony is that his supporters did give it all away for free 😂😂

Ah Yes.  I had forgotten that.  Loads a people got it for Christmas.  But somedebody had to pay for it.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #346 on: February 11, 2021, 05:50:56 PM »
So it seems that like beauty being in the eye of the beholder being awarded points for libel depends on whether or not the moderator is aware of what the truth of the matter actually is.

Not a lot to be done about that I'm afraid as we are all only human and can't know it all ;(

Hope this goes some way to resolving your query, VS.
The remit of Operation Grange is to investigate ...  "(as if the abduction occurred in the UK)"

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #347 on: February 11, 2021, 08:57:21 PM »
Another storm in a teacup in my opinion.

Amaral said;

"I requested early retirement in order to be able to express myself freely" Page 3, The Truth of the Lie.

and I have given a cite where his words can be found and read by anyone who wants to.

If someone accuses him of lying by saying that his real motive was to cash in on Madeleine McCanns disappearance then a cite to support that statement is needed. If a cite can't be provided then Amaral is being libelled because he's being called a liar without any evidence that he did lie.
England - good effort

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #348 on: February 11, 2021, 11:12:40 PM »
Another storm in a teacup in my opinion.

Amaral said;

"I requested early retirement in order to be able to express myself freely" Page 3, The Truth of the Lie.

and I have given a cite where his words can be found and read by anyone who wants to.

If someone accuses him of lying by saying that his real motive was to cash in on Madeleine McCanns disappearance then a cite to support that statement is needed. If a cite can't be provided then Amaral is being libelled because he's being called a liar without any evidence that he did lie.
I did not call him a liar.  I suggested an additional motive, a financial one, which is clearly evidenced by the publishing deal he negotiated and the book he wrote which went on sale throughout Portugal on Day One of its publication.  And for this I am accused of lying and given a warning.  You may call this a storm in a teacup, I call it shining a light on double standards and hypocrisy, especially as you are on record liking a post which claims Amaral solved the case in 2007.  No “IMo” but stated as a fact.   
ANGER MAKES US AWARE OF INJUSTICE
We often experience anger when we are denied rights or when faced with insults, disrespect, injustice, or exploitation. Anger serves as an internal guidance system that indicates something is not quite right, that someone has treated us unjustly or unfairly. Anger helps communicate to others: “You’d better treat me fairly; otherwise, you’ll pay a high cost.” On a global level, standing up for a lack of fairness can prevent people from taking advantage of others. This type of anger can bring about positive change in society and increase the social cost of misbehaving.
The value of anger https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/value-of-anger-16-reasons-its-good-to-get-angry-0313175

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #349 on: February 12, 2021, 09:45:02 AM »
I did not call him a liar.  I suggested an additional motive, a financial one, which is clearly evidenced by the publishing deal he negotiated and the book he wrote which went on sale throughout Portugal on Day One of its publication.  And for this I am accused of lying and given a warning.  You may call this a storm in a teacup, I call it shining a light on double standards and hypocrisy, especially as you are on record liking a post which claims Amaral solved the case in 2007.  No “IMo” but stated as a fact.

You didn't 'suggest' that Amaral lied about his motive for writing his book, you stated it as a fact. A fact you cannot prove. Accusing someone of lying without proof is libellous. Posting opinion as fact is against forum rules.
England - good effort

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #350 on: February 12, 2021, 09:50:10 AM »
You didn't 'suggest' that Amaral lied about his motive for writing his book, you stated it as a fact. A fact you cannot prove. Accusing someone of lying without proof is libellous. Posting opinion as fact is against forum rules.

As Spammy often does.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #351 on: February 12, 2021, 10:12:23 AM »
As Spammy often does.

And for which he gets sanctioned, as should everyone who does the same.
England - good effort

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #352 on: February 12, 2021, 10:27:40 AM »
Except you didn't, you "liked" his post instead, thus giving him the green light and encouragement to post more crap.
We often experience anger when we are denied rights or when faced with insults, disrespect, injustice, or exploitation. Anger serves as an internal guidance system that indicates something is not quite right, that someone has treated us unjustly or unfairly. Anger helps communicate to others: “You’d better treat me fairly; otherwise, you’ll pay a high cost.” On a global level, standing up for a lack of fairness can prevent people from taking advantage of others. This type of anger can bring about positive change in society and increase the social cost of misbehaving.
The value of anger https://www.goodtherapy.org/blog/value-of-anger-16-reasons-its-good-to-get-angry-0313175

Offline Vertigo Swirl

« Reply #353 on: February 12, 2021, 10:28:42 AM »
Where did I write Amaral lied?  You are libelling ME by stating I wrote something which I never did.  Kindly desist from this outrageous slur!

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #354 on: February 12, 2021, 10:44:15 AM »

But not by you.  Instead, you Liked The Comment.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #355 on: September 09, 2021, 07:03:15 PM »

Can I get a moderator's explanation for why the first post I made in discussion today was deleted?
(my response to concerns raised in post #307, Topic 'My Search for Madeleine by Jon Clarke'

Thankyou kindly.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 07:08:23 PM by Wonderfulspam »
Free Martin Brueckner