Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 93611 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #375 on: April 14, 2022, 01:53:47 PM »
Is there an accepted meaning of the word?
Oh I see, you want to play semantics do you?  Tell you what, why don't you ask the author of the post if he used the word with the intent of insulting McCann supporters or not, eh?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #376 on: April 14, 2022, 01:56:15 PM »
Can I tell you to shut up, refer to you as a pleb, tell you that no one gives a shit what you think and to wind your neck in?  Because believe me, I would love to but I suspect you would give me a warning, am I right?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline barrier

« Reply #377 on: April 14, 2022, 02:21:13 PM »

An ordinary person as opposed to the hoi polloi ,perhaps that would sate the oppressed on here.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #378 on: April 14, 2022, 02:34:17 PM »
If a moderator sees wa post on the forum which is clearly both abusive and insulting should they automatically delete it and apply a warning to the author, or let it stand if they agree with the sentiment, despite said post being reported numerous times?

“Shut up, there's only 6 of us here, nobody gives a shit except you and maybe 2 other plebs and that's only because you keep getting well and truly owned.
Wind it in and get on topic yourself.”

Is this post within forum rules?  G-Unit clearly thinks so as she has been made aware of it and it remains on the forum at this time of writing.

So why hasn't a more senior mod in the guise of B removed it ?
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #379 on: April 14, 2022, 02:49:34 PM »

An interesting question. Particularly as the post was addressed to her. She's usually very quick to notice and respond to posts by that member.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #380 on: April 14, 2022, 02:54:17 PM »
You would have to ask her that.  The fact of the matter is that G-Unit was the only moderator on the board at the time I flagged the post.  I know this as she handed out a warning to me for a post far far less offensive than the one she let stand and I checked the online status of every other mod at the time.  Why do you think I got a warning and the author of the post in question did not?  She saw it and deemed it acceptable as she presumably agreed with the sentiment of the post, despite the fact that it clearly breaks forum rules. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #381 on: April 14, 2022, 02:54:45 PM »
An ordinary person as opposed to the hoi polloi ,perhaps that would sate the oppressed on here.
Do you consider yourself a pleb?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #382 on: April 14, 2022, 03:07:21 PM »
An interesting question. Particularly as the post was addressed to her. She's usually very quick to notice and respond to posts by that member.
Why didn't you delete it when you were the first mod to become aware of it?

Offline barrier

« Reply #383 on: April 14, 2022, 05:16:45 PM »
Do you consider yourself a pleb?

We are all in the gutter, some of us are looking up at the stars.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #384 on: April 14, 2022, 05:29:46 PM »
We are all in the gutter, some of us are looking up at the stars.
Dial-a-cliche: A Slight Return.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #385 on: April 14, 2022, 06:45:30 PM »

Please note

It is considered inappropriate for a moderator to criticise another moderator on the open threads. 

Particularly since I have taken no part in the argument you have embroiled yourself in and demand a bit more respect from you than your third party jibe.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #386 on: April 14, 2022, 06:53:22 PM »
I see the offending post has been removed but the author has received no warning points - any reason why not?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #387 on: April 14, 2022, 07:00:08 PM »
Please note

It is considered inappropriate for a moderator to criticise another moderator on the open threads. 

Particularly since I have taken no part in the argument you have embroiled yourself in and demand a bit more respect from you than your third party jibe.

Oh, sorry. I thought perhaps that had changed;

snip/

posting on a forum is an entirely different kettle of fish and posters have power to ensure the standards and protocols for ourselves.  One of which is posting on topic.

So why don't you.

Quite clearly the topic here is " New German suspect in Madeleine McCann mystery disappearance." You have made no reference to that which is quite disrespectful both to the forum and to fellow members.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11585.msg680799#msg680799
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #388 on: April 14, 2022, 07:18:53 PM »
Oh, sorry. I thought perhaps that had changed;

snip/

posting on a forum is an entirely different kettle of fish and posters have power to ensure the standards and protocols for ourselves.  One of which is posting on topic.

So why don't you.

Quite clearly the topic here is " New German suspect in Madeleine McCann mystery disappearance." You have made no reference to that which is quite disrespectful both to the forum and to fellow members.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11585.msg680799#msg680799
Can you take your spat with Brietta to pm and answer my question please. 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #389 on: April 14, 2022, 07:55:50 PM »
Can you take your spat with Brietta to pm and answer my question please.

Please cease issuing instructions and questions. Afaik I am under no obligation to respond and have no intention of doing so.

Result = happy posting.