Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 93625 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #390 on: April 14, 2022, 08:05:33 PM »
Please cease issuing instructions and questions. Afaik I am under no obligation to respond and have no intention of doing so.
What’s the point of this thread then?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #391 on: April 14, 2022, 08:10:48 PM »
For anyone reading this unsure about what you can and cannot write on this forum without getting a warning

You WILL get a warning for:

“There you see!  You can give a straight answer when you put your mind to it.  Well done”

You WON’t get a warning for:

“Shut up, there's only 6 of us here, nobody gives a shit except you and maybe 2 other plebs and that's only because you keep getting well and truly owned.
Wind it in and get on topic yourself.”

Hope that all makes sense to you (because it doesn’t to me!)
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #392 on: April 14, 2022, 09:05:52 PM »
What’s the point of this thread then?

To raise queries about moderation, according to the opening post. There's no mention of moderators being obliged to answer the queries.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline misty

« Reply #393 on: April 14, 2022, 09:34:34 PM »
To raise queries about moderation, according to the opening post. There's no mention of moderators being obliged to answer the queries.

You are accountable to each and every one of us when you use your powers as a Moderator to disrupt the equilibrium of the forum. IMO If you are unable to act without prejudice then perhaps you should consider your position, for the benefit of the forum.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #394 on: April 14, 2022, 09:56:28 PM »
Utterly pointless then.
Let me put it to you - you won’t answer because you know you can’t defend the indefensible.  That’s the real reason.  Shameful moderating imo.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #395 on: April 14, 2022, 10:01:36 PM »
I'd like to thank Eleanor for being willing to take part in this discussion. Moderating is a difficult job which I personally wouldn't touch with a bargepole. It seems to me that moderators end up between the devil and the deep blue sea. It must be annoying to delete a post and then see it reinstated.  It also encourages members to think moderators arem't doing their job properly, so it leads to more challenges and arguments.

On the other hand I'm sure I'm not the only member who has posted a carefully worded post or two and then discovered them gone because I was involved in a discussion triggered by a post which moderators have decided, with hindsight, needs deleting.

Members can't be expected to read back before posting to ensure that previous posts are within the rules; that's not their responsibilty. I think speed of reaction by moderators is the problem here. If moderators dealt with unacceptable posts immediately then no-one would br able to reply to them.
What changed?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #396 on: April 14, 2022, 10:24:09 PM »
You are accountable to each and every one of us when you use your powers as a Moderator to disrupt the equilibrium of the forum. IMO If you are unable to act without prejudice then perhaps you should consider your position, for the benefit of the forum.

Please note that your post expresses your opinion which others might not agree with.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #397 on: April 14, 2022, 10:39:40 PM »
Please note that your post expresses your opinion which others might not agree with.
I agree with it.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #398 on: April 14, 2022, 10:41:11 PM »
Oh, sorry. I thought perhaps that had changed;

snip/

posting on a forum is an entirely different kettle of fish and posters have power to ensure the standards and protocols for ourselves.  One of which is posting on topic.

So why don't you.

Quite clearly the topic here is " New German suspect in Madeleine McCann mystery disappearance." You have made no reference to that which is quite disrespectful both to the forum and to fellow members.
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11585.msg680799#msg680799

I think your post illustrates a basic misunderstanding which perhaps is affecting your judgement regarding the division between operating as a moderator and enjoying the privilege of contributing to discussions as a member.

I neither made reference to you as a mod or to myself as a mod.
My post was addressed between members.  Communication between moderators should take place in the area of the board provided for us; but as you know that was turned into a waste of space with Eleanor and I usually ending up as lonely participants with no-mates but each other.
A good and useful initiative set up to encourage the smooth running of the forum just wasted.  I think members should be aware of that although I normally would not break that confidentiality 'cept there is actually none to break whether due to intransigence or something else I haven't a clue.  But it is what it is.

I do not act in both capacities at the same time.
That is - I feel there is an obligation to observe forum protocols when posting.  I am punctilious in not not indulging in discussions which are likely to end up in personal arguments leading to the necessity for moderation.  It is a fine line to follow and one which I don't think you have quite yet mastered or even made any attempt to..
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline misty

« Reply #399 on: April 14, 2022, 11:36:35 PM »

I did include IMO in my post but am sure that the vast majority of posters here would advocate that Moderators should adopt an impartial stance when considering which posts, in their opinion, warrant moderating or deleting.
You have the opportunity to be so much better (and fairer) than some of your predecessors on the sceptic side of the fence. IMO it would be beneficial for both you and the forum to seize such an opportunity.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #400 on: April 15, 2022, 05:54:25 AM »
I did include IMO in my post but am sure that the vast majority of posters here would advocate that Moderators should adopt an impartial stance when considering which posts, in their opinion, warrant moderating or deleting.
You have the opportunity to be so much better (and fairer) than some of your predecessors on the sceptic side of the fence. IMO it would be beneficial for both you and the forum to seize such an opportunity.

You are advocating an impartial stance but as you don't have access to the records you don't know whether my stance is impartial or not.
Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #401 on: April 15, 2022, 06:06:50 AM »
I think your post illustrates a basic misunderstanding which perhaps is affecting your judgement regarding the division between operating as a moderator and enjoying the privilege of contributing to discussions as a member.

I neither made reference to you as a mod or to myself as a mod.
My post was addressed between members.  Communication between moderators should take place in the area of the board provided for us; but as you know that was turned into a waste of space with Eleanor and I usually ending up as lonely participants with no-mates but each other.
A good and useful initiative set up to encourage the smooth running of the forum just wasted.  I think members should be aware of that although I normally would not break that confidentiality 'cept there is actually none to break whether due to intransigence or something else I haven't a clue.  But it is what it is.

I do not act in both capacities at the same time.
That is - I feel there is an obligation to observe forum protocols when posting.  I am punctilious in not not indulging in discussions which are likely to end up in personal arguments leading to the necessity for moderation.  It is a fine line to follow and one which I don't think you have quite yet mastered or even made any attempt to..

So you are saying that you post only as another member and posts which sound like a warning from a moderator are no such thing?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #402 on: April 15, 2022, 07:13:13 AM »
You are advocating an impartial stance but as you don't have access to the records you don't know whether my stance is impartial or not.
You have proved beyond doubt that you are biased by giving me a warning for goading while repeatedly refusing to remove an abusive post and hand out a warning to its author. 
My PM to you which you ignored

65 Warnings Since Joining!
View Profile  Personal Message (Offline)
User is on moderator watch listw..ched
(No subject)
« Sent to: G-Unit on: April 13, 2022, 02:47:06 PM » ReplyQuoteDelete
While you’re handing out warnings for goading you might like to do the same for this one

https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=11585.15600

No need to thank me for drawing this to your attention, I’m sure you’ll dish out the relevant warning now that I have done so…
Case closed.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 07:17:09 AM by Swertigo Virl »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #403 on: April 15, 2022, 07:42:38 AM »
So you are saying that you post only as another member and posts which sound like a warning from a moderator are no such thing?

I am weary of the dissent you have brought to the forum festering under posts like this one in which you are putting words in my mouth which are precisely the opposite of what I have said.

"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #404 on: April 15, 2022, 08:33:39 AM »
I am weary of the dissent you have brought to the forum festering under posts like this one in which you are putting words in my mouth which are precisely the opposite of what I have said.

There was ample dissent on the forum long before I joined Brietta. If my attempts to understand what you are saying are failing then either your meaning is unclear or my understanding of the English language is below par.

I would appreciate it if you could explain, in simple language, just what it was you were saying.
Result = happy posting.