Author Topic: Moderation queries.  (Read 93636 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: Moderation queries.
« Reply #405 on: April 15, 2022, 09:13:12 AM »
There was ample dissent on the forum long before I joined Brietta. If my attempts to understand what you are saying are failing then either your meaning is unclear or my understanding of the English language is below par.

I would appreciate it if you could explain, in simple language, just what it was you were saying.

An interesting question. Particularly as the post was addressed to her. She's usually very quick to notice and respond to posts by that member.
https://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=8404.msg680899#msg680899

You dragged me into this unedifying debacle which is entirely of your own making, as so much of the dissent on the forum is with you enthusiastically presiding at the core.

The "her" and "she" referred to is me.
"the post was addressed to ..." The post referred to was a particularly snide and abusive one addressed to me

Perhaps it is way beyond time you had a closer look at your own conduct and amend the sometimes passive and sometimes aggressive behaviour you seem to think is acceptable.
It does the forum no favours or is that the intention.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #406 on: April 15, 2022, 09:29:10 AM »
An interesting question. Particularly as the post was addressed to her. She's usually very quick to notice and respond to posts by that member.

You dragged me into this unedifying debacle which is entirely of your own making, as so much of the dissent on the forum is with you enthusiastically presiding at the core.

"the post was addressed to ..." The post referred to was a particularly snide and abusive one addressed to me

Perhaps it is way beyond time you had a closer look at your own conduct and amend the sometimes passive and sometimes aggressive behaviour you seem to think is acceptable.
G-Unit was simply deflecting from the real issue at hand which is that SHE was the mod throwing her wweight around at the time the abusive post was made, and it was SHE who deliberately chose to ignore it, in favour of giving me a warning for a much less abusive post.  She has exercised clear bias, a refusal to moderate those whose views she agrees with and as such she should be relieved of her moderating duties imo.   
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #407 on: April 15, 2022, 09:31:53 AM »
I'd also like to point out that the author of the abusive post was able to write what he did without receiving any warning at all, perhaps John could explain why not? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #408 on: April 15, 2022, 09:39:10 AM »
G-Unit was simply deflecting from the real issue at hand which is that SHE was the mod throwing her wweight around at the time the abusive post was made, and it was SHE who deliberately chose to ignore it, in favour of giving me a warning for a much less abusive post.  She has exercised clear bias, a refusal to moderate those whose views she agrees with and as such she should be relieved of her moderating duties imo.

I think the only truly unbiased mod we had on the McCann board was Eleanor; but despite that, even she was subject to some brutal attacks.

But we did cover each others' backs when possible - and that is just co-operation and protocol.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #409 on: April 15, 2022, 09:43:18 AM »

Once again you haven't attempted to answer the question I asked.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #410 on: April 15, 2022, 09:45:44 AM »
Talk about pot and kettle!!!

"Please cease issuing instructions and questions. Afaik I am under no obligation to respond and have no intention of doing so." - G-Unit

Offline Brietta

« Reply #411 on: April 15, 2022, 09:51:45 AM »

It is not for me to instruct you.  It is for you to examine your own conscience and give thought to the very, very few restrictions John has placed on us as moderators and attempt to abide by them.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #412 on: April 15, 2022, 09:57:13 AM »

That G has let the frankly abusive posts towards her stand while you delete any mildly critical posts towards you speaks volumes IMO when it comes to bias. You really do need to take a long, hard look at yourself Brietta. Numerous times now you have deleted posts of mine which have been reinstated by John and I’m sure I’m not the only one and while I know that posters won’t be breaking down his door to become moderators, especially those of a sceptical bent, are you really the best that he could find?

I know of at least half a dozen posters who no longer bother to post on this forum as a direct consequence of your overzealous moderating. I myself started posting on the Luke Mitchell thread only to be followed there by your good self. I rarely post there now and, funnily enough, neither do you, what a coincidence. G is just your latest whipping boy. Your contempt for those who do not share your view is clear for all to see and IMO makes you totally unsuited to being a moderator….but still you go on.

There is one last thing. There truly is a difference between thinking you are the voice of reason and actually being it. Perhaps it’s time to learn the difference?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #413 on: April 15, 2022, 10:09:22 AM »
That G has let the frankly abusive posts towards her stand while you delete any mildly critical posts towards you speaks volumes IMO when it comes to bias. You really do need to take a long, hard look at yourself Brietta. Numerous times now you have deleted posts of mine which have been reinstated by John and I’m sure I’m not the only one and while I know that posters won’t be breaking down his door to become moderators, especially those of a sceptical bent, are you really the best that he could find?

I know of at least half a dozen posters who no longer bother to post on this forum as a direct consequence of your overzealous moderating. I myself started posting on the Luke Mitchell thread only to be followed there by your good self. I rarely post there now and, funnily enough, neither do you, what a coincidence. G is just your latest whipping boy. Your contempt for those who do not share your view is clear for all to see and IMO makes you totally unsuited to being a moderator….but still you go on.

There is one last thing. There truly is a difference between thinking you are the voice of reason and actually being it. Perhaps it’s time to learn the difference?

Thank you for giving another point of view Faithlilly. Before I became a moderator I also had to appeal to John on several occasions and I also had posts reinstated. Instead of creating furores other members should follow our example if they feel badly used imo.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #414 on: April 15, 2022, 10:29:08 AM »
Thank you for giving another point of view Faithlilly. Before I became a moderator I also had to appeal to John on several occasions and I also had posts reinstated. Instead of creating furores other members should follow our example if they feel badly used imo.
We have all had posts reinstated - so what?  Do you think the post you refused to delete should be reinstated?  The one which called us plebs, told Brietta to shut up and wind her neck in?  The one which you deemed acceptable whilst my mild goad required a deletion and warning?  The hypocrisy from you and your cheerleader is astounding imo.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #415 on: April 15, 2022, 10:42:01 AM »
We have all had posts reinstated - so what?  Do you think the post you refused to delete should be reinstated?  The one which called us plebs, told Brietta to shut up and wind her neck in?  The one which you deemed acceptable whilst my mild goad required a deletion and warning?  The hypocrisy from you and your cheerleader is astounding imo.

After months of badgering I wouldn’t blame G for biting back occasionally. She’s been the very essence of maturity and patience while the rest of you have hurled brickbats at her. That she still wants to moderate is surprising but then again I don’t blame her either for not giving you all the satisfaction of resigning.

It seems you’re getting rather overheated about what is, in any world, a trifling event. Can I suggest that you perhaps take time away from the computer and enjoy the sunshine which, hopefully, you like me are experiencing. I’m sure it will lighten your mood and perhaps give you a different perspective on the matter.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2022, 10:49:17 AM by faithlilly »
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #416 on: April 15, 2022, 11:31:37 AM »

During this month (15 days) you have posted that I'm biased, hypocritical, obsessive, dishonest, narcissistic, pretentious, silly, facetious and a conspiracy theorist. In addition to that, many of your posts to me have been designed to goad.

Your surprise and resentment at finally receiving a warning suggests to me that I have been far too lenient in allowing you to abuse me as you have.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #417 on: April 15, 2022, 11:37:08 AM »
After months of badgering I wouldn’t blame G for biting back occasionally. She’s been the very essence of maturity and patience while the rest of you have hurled brickbats at her. That she still wants to moderate is surprising but then again I don’t blame her either for not giving you all the satisfaction of resigning.

It seems you’re getting rather overheated about what is, in any world, a trifling event. Can I suggest that you perhaps take time away from the computer and enjoy the sunshine which, hopefully, you like me are experiencing. I’m sure it will lighten your mood and perhaps give you a different perspective on the matter.
Don't patronize me and don't tell me what I should find important or not.   This is an issue of principle and fairness which for members of this forum is an important matter (OK it's not Ukraine or the cost of living crisis but everything's relative). 

IMO G-Unit has brought this criticism on herself by her partisan handling of her moderating duties.  How can you possibly defend her decision NOT to remove blatant insults and abuse when they are brought to her attention?  You are defending the indefensible and you know it, stop being the woman's apologist.  Now you go out and enjoy the sun and put me back on ignore, there's a good girl.  8(0(*

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #418 on: April 15, 2022, 11:42:18 AM »
During this month (15 days) you have posted that I'm biased, hypocritical, obsessive, dishonest, narcissistic, pretentious, silly, facetious and a conspiracy theorist. In addition to that, many of your posts to me have been designed to goad.

Your surprise and resentment at finally receiving a warning suggests to me that I have been far too lenient in allowing you to abuse me as you have.
I am not remotely surprised I received a warning, nor am I surprised you didn't remove The General's post - you fully met my (low) expectations, and that's why we're having this discussion.  Why did you not remove the abuse and insults thrown at a fellow moderator when I brought them to your attention?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #419 on: April 15, 2022, 12:15:09 PM »
I am not remotely surprised I received a warning, nor am I surprised you didn't remove The General's post - you fully met my (low) expectations, and that's why we're having this discussion.  Why did you not remove the abuse and insults thrown at a fellow moderator when I brought them to your attention?

I suggest you draw a line under this discussion now. I have, I think, made it clear enough that I am not and will not be answerable to you in any way shape or form. Perhaps your time would be better spent in  reflecting on the abuse you seem to have become accustomed to aiming at me and which needs to cease in future.
Result = happy posting.