Author Topic: Introduction and a request please!  (Read 1789 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Introduction and a request please!
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2021, 12:11:14 PM »
I suppose it doesn't matter that Nicholas first antagonised me with:

"Why would you choose to promote the 30 plus year old false narrative of a man who murdered his dad Nevill, his mum June, his sister Sheila and his 6 year old nephews Nicholas and Daniel in cold blood?

Daniel was found with his thumb in his mouth Helen.. "

before bothering to find out what my views were on the subject?   I find this personal and upsetting, to suggest that I don't care about the victims and even worse, assuming that I believe the 'false narrative'?

Where have I suggested this?
‘I legitimately think that the word “innocence” is enough for people - that’s their due diligence’ (Devon Tracey)

Offline Teams_UP

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2021, 12:12:18 PM »
Your first post stated ‘The point of the book is not to discuss if he's innocent or guilty’

Exactly.  So why make an assumption about my feelings about the case?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2021, 12:18:00 PM »
Exactly.  So why make an assumption about my feelings about the case?

What is it you are claiming I’ve assumed about your ‘feelings about the case’?

And how is it you can write to a convicted mass murderer and child killer in a ‘professional’ capacity yet someone how lose your professionalism - as I see it - when you post on this forum?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 12:20:02 PM by Nicholas »
‘I legitimately think that the word “innocence” is enough for people - that’s their due diligence’ (Devon Tracey)

Offline APRIL

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2021, 12:40:29 PM »
Publishing someone's online time, down to the number of seconds, is not helpful, and I would say, inflammatory.

If you went online about 15-20 years ago, and two people were arguing, one person might make a derogatory remark along the lines of....'don't you have anything better to so with your time?'

.....or....

'you're the one who spends all their time on this forum'' 

Those kinds of comments were designed to antagonise the other person.
Forum behaviour has matured over the years, and you rarely see those kinds of comments.

But..... that is what Helen appears to be doing, even if she doesn't realise it.  This kind of behaviour is unhelpful on forums, because it often means that tempers rise, and everything goes off topic and personal.

Mmm. There's something here about cause and effect, isn't there. Person A makes a comment which appears to inflame person B and their answer comes in the form of an attack/accusation, as opposed to them asking what was the meaning of the comment. Such things have the habit of developing lives of their own.

Offline Teams_UP

« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2021, 01:31:47 PM »
What is it you are claiming I’ve assumed about your ‘feelings about the case’?

And how is it you can write to a convicted mass murderer and child killer in a ‘professional’ capacity yet someone how lose your professionalism - as I see it - when you post on this forum?

You're assuming, because I have never told you my feelings about the case and yet you ask me 'Why would you choose to promote the 30 plus year old false narrative of a man who murdered his dad Nevill, his mum June, his sister Sheila and his 6 year old nephews Nicholas and Daniel in cold blood?'.  That is a huge assumption.

I'm writing a non-fiction book which I hope to be published.  A publisher will, quite rightly, expect detailed research to have been carried out; I can't just write whatever I feel like.  Writing to Jeremy and posting on this forum are both forms of research; how is that unprofessional?

I'm going to step away now, as I don't think this is helping anyone.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2021, 01:45:17 PM »

I'm writing a non-fiction book which I hope to be published.  A publisher will, quite rightly, expect detailed research to have been carried out; I can't just write whatever I feel like.  Writing to Jeremy and posting on this forum are both forms of research; how is that unprofessional?

That depends on the type of publisher I suspect

How many true crime books do you know where publishers fact check everything that is written?

« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 01:53:38 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2021, 01:47:07 PM »
You're assuming, because I have never told you my feelings about the case and yet you ask me 'Why would you choose to promote the 30 plus year old false narrative of a man who murdered his dad Nevill, his mum June, his sister Sheila and his 6 year old nephews Nicholas and Daniel in cold blood?'.  That is a huge assumption.

After the above I posted

Sorry - I hadn’t listened to your podcast when I posted my previous questions/posts above 👆🏽 Helen

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cea8Qt08J5o

This is a transcribe of a small part of your podcast on the book you’re writing

I thought okay I’ve got time on my hands I mean Christmas was obviously manic but I am I have got time on my hands I’ve always wanted to write a book um I used to think I wanted to write a fiction book but I’ve realised that I’m not it’s not my kind of forte and I don’t think I could ever write a book that anyone would actually want to read if that makes sense whereas non fiction true crime is just you know fits me perfectly and I've had an idea for a long time about a book that sort of delves into the world of true crime addicts erm armchair detectives web-sleuths whatever you want to call them who spend commit quite a lot of their time to basically discussing murder cases on forums and online and when I say quite a lot of the time sometimes bordering on the obsessive you know literally I don’t know what else I don’t know how they find the time erm and just like looking at why they do that what what their motivation is erm what they hope to achieve erm by doing this because you know their not going to change the course of a case at all so I’ve taken sort of six I think cases that I think are really erm that are really sort of contentious and people you know people have heard of quite a lot erm and then sort of investigated the type of people that talk about them

I recognise some of the motivations for why people post on forums - including my own

It’s not something I’m prepared to discuss/debate with you though because it’s their choice if they wish to communicate with you about their motivations

I know the history of this forum in particular (there was another forum before it) and am fairly familiar with the blue forum
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 04:06:11 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2021, 01:57:55 PM »
I can't just write whatever I feel like.

You can - and some people do - especially on ‘true crime’
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 02:11:57 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2021, 02:09:55 PM »
because I have never told you my feelings about the case

This was an indicator ⬇️

I don't know about anyone else, but I thought there was a parallel here with Donald Trump - 'we won this election, just wait the proof will be revealed soon...'   *tumbleweed*

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2021, 02:13:38 PM »
Writing to Jeremy and posting on this forum are both forms of research; how is that unprofessional?

When your write to ‘Jeremy’ do you or will you also include comments like this  ⬇️

I don't know about anyone else, but I thought there was a parallel here with Donald Trump - 'we won this election, just wait the proof will be revealed soon...'   *tumbleweed*

And if not why not?

Your above post was in response to ⬇️

, Bamber promises to be out by that Christmas, then it all dies down.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 02:16:52 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2021, 02:37:12 PM »
I suppose it doesn't matter that Nicholas first antagonised me with:

"Why would you choose to promote the 30 plus year old false narrative of a man who murdered his dad Nevill, his mum June, his sister Sheila and his 6 year old nephews Nicholas and Daniel in cold blood?

Daniel was found with his thumb in his mouth Helen.. "

before bothering to find out what my views were on the subject?   I find this personal and upsetting, to suggest that I don't care about the victims and even worse, assuming that I believe the 'false narrative'?

What about Bamber’s crimes ?

Not just the fact he murdered 5 members of his family but that he’s chosen to attempt to exploit the workings of the criminal justice system - for over 3 decades - in an attempt to free himself from prison?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 02:46:19 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2021, 04:08:25 PM »
After the above I posted

This is a transcribe of a small part of your podcast on the book you’re writing

I thought okay I’ve got time on my hands I mean Christmas was obviously manic but I am I have got time on my hands I’ve always wanted to write a book um I used to think I wanted to write a fiction book but I’ve realised that I’m not it’s not my kind of forte and I don’t think I could ever write a book that anyone would actually want to read if that makes sense whereas non fiction true crime is just you know fits me perfectly and I've had an idea for a long time about a book that sort of delves into the world of true crime addicts erm armchair detectives web-sleuths whatever you want to call them who spend commit quite a lot of their time to basically discussing murder cases on forums and online and when I say quite a lot of the time sometimes bordering on the obsessive you know literally I don’t know what else I don’t know how they find the time erm and just like looking at why they do that what what their motivation is erm what they hope to achieve erm by doing this because you know their not going to change the course of a case at all so I’ve taken sort of six I think cases that I think are really erm that are really sort of contentious and people you know people have heard of quite a lot erm and then sort of investigated the type of people that talk about them

I recognise some of the motivations for why people post on forums - including my own

It’s not something I’m prepared to discuss/debate with you though because it’s their choice if they wish to communicate with you about their motivations

I know the history of this forum in particular (there was another forum before it) and am fairly familiar with the blue forum

Oh & I don’t consider myself to be a ‘true crime addict - armchair detective or web-sleuth’

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2021, 04:14:59 PM »
This is getting a bit tedious now (although I suspect that is your aim). Are you saying that you think you can singlehandedly change the outcome of a court case?  Although, on that note, Jeremy is already in prison, what are you trying to prove?!  I note that you have still not answered any of my questions although I've done you the courtesy of answering yours.

How and why did you make the leap from me asking ‘What makes you think this?’ in response to your claim of ‘because they’re not going to change the course of a case at all

And also - ‘because they’re not going to change the course of a case at all’
What makes you think this?

to

Are you saying that you think you can singlehandedly change the outcome of a court case?’

I’d be interested to know

Do you view a ‘court case’ and ‘course of a case’ as one and the same?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 04:22:36 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2021, 04:42:05 PM »
  I am in no way 'promoting' him.

This ⬇️

I'm writing to him as I'm interested to hear what he thinks about the discussions which take place around his case.

could suggest otherwise

?

Have you contacted Colin Caffell as well?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 04:50:05 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Caroline

« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2021, 02:05:14 PM »
Thanks for replying, I’ll answer all at once for clarity.

I disagree that I’m promoting Jeremy Bamber.  Writing a book proclaiming his innocence and campaigning for his release would be a promotion, in my opinion.  That’s not what I am writing

The forum in question involves people who think someone is guilty arguing with people who think they are innocent.  The irony of the comment is that each side thinks the other is ‘nuts’. 

I wrote the letter hoping for a response, which is what I got.  Therefore, I was pleased. 

If I am being naďve, it’s that I thought you might be happy to share your experiences and thoughts with me.  I honestly didn’t expect such defensiveness and I’m a bit baffled as to where it’s come from.

As I have answered your questions will you answer mine?  Can you explain what you gain personally from participating in these discussions?  Thanks in advance.

Personally, I don't think people who think Bamber is innocent are nuts even though I think he's guilty. People who get personal during a debate on the other hand .....

Why do people debate anything? It's simply our topic for discussion, but it could be anything. For instance, there is a Facebook page about old school puddings which gets even more heated that the forums on Bamber  @)(++(*.

Not sure what thoughts and experiences you're after, reading the posts would probably get you what you want? However, it isn't just the Bamber case that is discussed on these forums, I'm interested to know why you have singled out that particular case? In fact on this forum, the Madeline McCann case is far more popular - so why not that one?

I guess the defensiveness comes from past experience of others who have claimed similar research but have harboured ulterior motives.