Author Topic: Introduction and a request please!  (Read 7126 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Introduction and a request please!
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2021, 01:52:51 PM »
Firstly, the fact that the case is still being debated nearly 36 years later to me makes it contentious.  I've chosen 6 different cases to discuss; this one, Amanda Knox, Darlie Routier, The Menendez Brothers, JonBenet Ramsey and Lizzie Borden.  This is on the basis that they still hold a fascination and people continue to discuss them.

Secondly, at no point did I say that I thought or think that Jeremy is innocent.  I am in no way 'promoting' him.

By writing about Bamber you are ‘promoting’ him
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 02:11:01 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2021, 01:54:37 PM »
Who said to you ‘Cases like this always bring out the nuts’ ?

It's a quote from one of the forums I'm on; I think this one actually refers to the Darlie Routier case.  Ironically, it was posted by one of the forum members talking about others who don't agree with her; it's not my opinion.

What’s ironic about it - can you explain some more?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 01:56:38 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2021, 01:57:50 PM »
There's nothing 'nice' for me writing to convicted murderer.  I wasn't flattered, I was pleased from a professional point of view.  Again, at no point have I said that I think he is innocent.  I'm writing to him as I'm interested to hear what he thinks about the discussions which take place around his case.

Can you explain what you mean by being ’pleased’ by this?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 02:11:23 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2021, 02:17:03 PM »
I'm the type of person who has an interest in true crime, and the psychology behind our fascination with it.  But I understand that my motivation is not necessarily the same as everyone else's which is why I've decided to write this book.  Would you be happy to tell me what you gain personally from discussing the case on here?

Are you then of the view people who post on these types of forums also have an interest in true crime?

Offline Teams_UP

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2021, 03:04:27 PM »
Thanks for replying, I’ll answer all at once for clarity.

I disagree that I’m promoting Jeremy Bamber.  Writing a book proclaiming his innocence and campaigning for his release would be a promotion, in my opinion.  That’s not what I am writing

The forum in question involves people who think someone is guilty arguing with people who think they are innocent.  The irony of the comment is that each side thinks the other is ‘nuts’. 

I wrote the letter hoping for a response, which is what I got.  Therefore, I was pleased. 

If I am being naïve, it’s that I thought you might be happy to share your experiences and thoughts with me.  I honestly didn’t expect such defensiveness and I’m a bit baffled as to where it’s come from.

As I have answered your questions will you answer mine?  Can you explain what you gain personally from participating in these discussions?  Thanks in advance.

Offline Teams_UP

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2021, 03:06:41 PM »
Are you then of the view people who post on these types of forums also have an interest in true crime?

No.  You're putting words in my mouth.  You were wondering what type of person 'she' is (I presume you meant me) so I was replying to let you know.

Are you saying you don't have an interest in true crime?  I genuinely don't know why you are so defensive; I would be really interested to hear what your thoughts are.

Offline puglove

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2021, 04:37:04 PM »
Thanks for replying, I’ll answer all at once for clarity.

I disagree that I’m promoting Jeremy Bamber.  Writing a book proclaiming his innocence and campaigning for his release would be a promotion, in my opinion.  That’s not what I am writing

The forum in question involves people who think someone is guilty arguing with people who think they are innocent.  The irony of the comment is that each side thinks the other is ‘nuts’. 

I wrote the letter hoping for a response, which is what I got.  Therefore, I was pleased. 

If I am being naïve, it’s that I thought you might be happy to share your experiences and thoughts with me.  I honestly didn’t expect such defensiveness and I’m a bit baffled as to where it’s come from.

As I have answered your questions will you answer mine?  Can you explain what you gain personally from participating in these discussions?  Thanks in advance.

Hi Teams Up.

For me it stretches my brain a bit, because I spend most of my time shovelling up different types of plop. I did get very involved (not so much now, everything has been done to death) because so many Bamber supporters come across as blinkered and ignorant of the basic facts of the case. And a lot of them are just total fruitloops and their posts (on the blue forum) are very funny!

Good luck with what you're doing.     8((()*/
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Teams_UP

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2021, 05:05:09 PM »
And a lot of them are just total fruitloops and their posts (on the blue forum) are very funny!

Good luck with what you're doing.     8((()*/

Thanks puglove! Your job sounds fun  8(0(*

Yes, I kind of got the impression that the Blue forum is 'pro' as opposed to the Red Forum, but equally lots of you also post on the Blue is that right?

If you don't mind me asking, what would you say the motivation of this forum is in general? Given that Jeremy is already in prison and not going anywhere then I guess it's not a sense of justice not served?

Thanks!

Offline Teams_UP

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2021, 05:30:42 PM »
because so many Bamber supporters come across as blinkered and ignorant of the basic facts of the case. And a lot of them are just total fruitloops and their posts (on the blue forum) are very funny!

I've realised you've already answered this to a certain extent 👆🏻a need to try and educate supporters perhaps?

Offline puglove

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2021, 06:17:09 PM »
Thanks puglove! Your job sounds fun  8(0(*

Yes, I kind of got the impression that the Blue forum is 'pro' as opposed to the Red Forum, but equally lots of you also post on the Blue is that right?

If you don't mind me asking, what would you say the motivation of this forum is in general? Given that Jeremy is already in prison and not going anywhere then I guess it's not a sense of justice not served?

Thanks!

I'm permanently banned from blue (think Rowley Birkin) and John very kindly lets me dick about on here.

It's a cyclical thing with Bamber - every few years he gets "discovered", there's a little flurry of indignant excitement (always the same - Julie, Sheila's mental health and the phone log), Bamber promises to be out by that Christmas, then it all dies down. Some people feel very protective towards the memories of Sheila and her boys. Carol Ann Lee's book and the subsequent TV series did a lot of good.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Myster

« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2021, 06:25:48 PM »
Yep, this board is full of ill-legal immigrants (except me) but they had to flee from the Barnsley Burglar's clutches somehow... otherwise their brains would have been prematurely addled.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2021, 06:36:06 PM »
One of her questions was "Where do they find the time to write on these forums?"

Well....

Where do people find the time to watch telly?
Where do people find the time to play computer games?
Where do people find the time to write a blog?
Where do people find the time to post to their Instagram account?
Where do people find the time to read books?

And so on and so on....

I'm not quite sure what your point is here; of course I could choose to ask any of those questions but I didn't, I chose the subject of true crime forums.

Colsville may answer this post but in the meantime

You stated during the podcast ‘I don’t know how they find the time

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cea8Qt08J5o

And also - ‘because they’re not going to change the course of a case at all’

What makes you think this?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 06:57:31 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Teams_UP

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2021, 07:38:20 PM »
Yep, this board is full of ill-legal immigrants (except me) but they had to flee from the Barnsley Burglar's clutches somehow... otherwise their brains would have been prematurely addled.

Thanks Myster, so now I'm more confused, who is the Barnsley Burglar?!

Offline Teams_UP

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2021, 07:41:21 PM »
I'm permanently banned from blue (think Rowley Birkin) and John very kindly lets me dick about on here.

It's a cyclical thing with Bamber - every few years he gets "discovered", there's a little flurry of indignant excitement (always the same - Julie, Sheila's mental health and the phone log), Bamber promises to be out by that Christmas, then it all dies down. Some people feel very protective towards the memories of Sheila and her boys. Carol Ann Lee's book and the subsequent TV series did a lot of good.

I'm guessing that being permanently banned is not necessarily a bad thing?! I agree, Carol Ann Lee's book is the source I've used for reference; excellent detail and also the TV drama following it has heightened the profile of the case too.

Offline Teams_UP

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2021, 07:45:50 PM »
Colsville may answer this post but in the meantime

You stated during the podcast ‘I don’t know how they find the time

And also - ‘because they’re not going to change the course of a case at all’

What makes you think this?

This is getting a bit tedious now (although I suspect that is your aim). Are you saying that you think you can singlehandedly change the outcome of a court case?  Although, on that note, Jeremy is already in prison, what are you trying to prove?!  I note that you have still not answered any of my questions although I've done you the courtesy of answering yours.