Disappeared and Abducted Children and Young Adults > The removal of blonde blue-eyed children from Roma camps.

These 2 cases were neither abducted nor disappeared.

<< < (2/2)

Cariad:
No need to be scared of davel. He's just expressed some rather nasty opinions about ethnic minorities lately and I wanted him to read your very thought provoking post on the dangers of bigotry.

Apostate:
No abductions where is Clarence to admit he was wrong?

colombosstogey:

--- Quote from: Cariad on October 25, 2013, 06:15:10 PM ---No need to be scared of davel. He's just expressed some rather nasty opinions about ethnic minorities lately and I wanted him to read your very thought provoking post on the dangers of bigotry.

--- End quote ---

The sad thing about a bigotry is it encompasses so many things, not just race or ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, or other characteristics.

Where do you draw the line.

Ethnic cleansing is still going on today because of bigotry, people are being driven to suicide because of thier sexual orientation might be different from someone elses, people with disabilities are being targeted (I myself have been), by mindless people who only care for themselves.

I HATE BIGOTS.

I have lived in this world 62 years now and lived in many places including Africa and Asian, and have always been dealt with with the UTMOST RESPECT.

People are far too quick to judge people by their cover.

I was Manager of a small community college in gloucester. One day this guy came in carrying a motor bike helmet and he had hair which was massively curly and unruly and his arms were covered literally in tattoos lol.

Most people would have baulked at the sight of him. He asked me if there was any jobs he could do even voluntary and i said yes how good are you at computers as I need stuff put on a database. He stayed with me for 5 years and ended up teaching as well. He was just SMASHING, a real gentle genuine guy one of the best.

He told me he had been looking for a long time and no one would give him a chance.

Anyway, this world is crazy now for me bigotry has gotten worse not better is it because of jealousy .. greed..ignorance I havent a clue, but I am actually quite glad i am going downwards in my life I know that sounds weird but the way everything is getting now, i have had the best years I think we will ever have in this world sadly.

Anyway I have a tendency to waffle, so better go off lol.

Cariad:

--- Quote from: colombosstogey on October 26, 2013, 06:20:59 AM ---The sad thing about a bigotry is it encompasses so many things, not just race or ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, socioeconomic status, or other characteristics.

Where do you draw the line.

Ethnic cleansing is still going on today because of bigotry, people are being driven to suicide because of thier sexual orientation might be different from someone elses, people with disabilities are being targeted (I myself have been), by mindless people who only care for themselves.

I HATE BIGOTS.

I have lived in this world 62 years now and lived in many places including Africa and Asian, and have always been dealt with with the UTMOST RESPECT.

People are far too quick to judge people by their cover.

I was Manager of a small community college in gloucester. One day this guy came in carrying a motor bike helmet and he had hair which was massively curly and unruly and his arms were covered literally in tattoos lol.

Most people would have baulked at the sight of him. He asked me if there was any jobs he could do even voluntary and i said yes how good are you at computers as I need stuff put on a database. He stayed with me for 5 years and ended up teaching as well. He was just SMASHING, a real gentle genuine guy one of the best.

He told me he had been looking for a long time and no one would give him a chance.

Anyway, this world is crazy now for me bigotry has gotten worse not better is it because of jealousy .. greed..ignorance I havent a clue, but I am actually quite glad i am going downwards in my life I know that sounds weird but the way everything is getting now, i have had the best years I think we will ever have in this world sadly.

Anyway I have a tendency to waffle, so better go off lol.

--- End quote ---

I just read a brilliant article in the Guardian on this subject.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/oct/25/pale-roma-baby-blond-maria

I can't agree that things are getting worse. There not as good as we'd like but I truly believe the world is changing for the better.

Maybe I should alter that to Britain is changing for the better, or even the part of Britain that I inhabit..

Racism is no longer tolerated. My niece is of mixed ethnicity and I have every reason to believe that she will not suffer for it. She's very proud of her dark beauty, as she should be!

We will soon have marriage equality. Two consenting adults who love each other will have the right to celebrate their relationship in the same may I and my husband did.

I don't claim for one moment that we live in a perfect world, but I have to believe that it's getting better. My parents taught me to respect everyone (except for tories, who're fair game) I teach my sons the same. We must fight against injustice whereever we see it and we must stay strong and never give up hope for a better futre.

God, that sounded corny! But you know what I mean  ?{)(**

colombosstogey:
Any news about what happened to the little girl taken from the Roma in Greece? I cant find any news now about them. Just wondered what happened to this child.

I could only find this which was very interesting, she was ROMA after all.

http://world.time.com/2013/10/25/mystery-blonde-girl-is-roma-after-all/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version