Author Topic: Corona Virus; Tips and info  (Read 25688 times)

Offline Myster

Re: Corona Virus; Tips and info
« Reply #180 on: May 17, 2020, 07:18:54 PM »
What are the advantages/disadvantages of non pasteurised milk?

What about soya milk?
Soya milk is bland, virtually tasteless and almost as bad as skimmed and semi-skimmed cow's milk.  Why some people pay through the nose for whitewash astonishes me.  I first tried it because there was a recent shortage of full-fat milk, but never again.  It's a con.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #181 on: May 17, 2020, 07:29:35 PM »
Soya milk is bland, virtually tasteless and almost as bad as skimmed and semi-skimmed cow's milk.  Why some people pay through the nose for whitewash astonishes me.  I first tried it because there was a recent shortage of full-fat milk, but never again.  It's a con.

Goats milk is half decent, but you mostly have to get if from the Goat Owner, if you can find one.

Goats Milk is the closest to to human milk for humans.  But I don't really want to go into that.

Offline puglove

« Reply #182 on: May 17, 2020, 07:35:17 PM »
I am not in UK.  I buy Raw Milk from the local farm.  But I am not sure if humans should be drinking Cows Milk.  Probably not.  Although I can't think of an alternative, apart from Goats Milk.

Cows' milk is designed to build a cow, so it surely can't be good for you, but I've raised pups, kittens and hedgehogs on goats' milk, so it must be easy to digest.
Jeremy Bamber kicked Mike Tesko in the fanny.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #183 on: May 17, 2020, 08:34:51 PM »
Cows' milk is designed to build a cow, so it surely can't be good for you, but I've raised pups, kittens and hedgehogs on goats' milk, so it must be easy to digest.

Although Adult dogs and cats should not be drinking Cows Milk.  I don't know about Goats Milk.  But it is difficult to find.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #184 on: May 17, 2020, 10:58:14 PM »
A2 milk is a variety of cows' milk that mostly lacks a form of β-casein proteins called A1, and instead has mostly the A2 form.[1] Cows' milk like this was brought to market by The a2 Milk Company and is sold mostly in Australia, New Zealand, China, the United States, and the United Kingdom.[2] Non-cow milk, including that of humans, sheep, goats, donkeys, yaks, camels, buffalo, and others, also contain mostly A2 β-casein, and so the term "A2 milk" is also used in that context.[3][4]

The a2 Milk Company claims that milk containing A1 proteins is harmful, and some companies producing goat's milk products make similar claims,[5] but a 2009 European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) review found that it could not be established that bioactive peptides in milk containing both the A1 and A2 proteins have an adverse effect on health.[2] - from Wikipedia.

Since being on A2 milk my health has improved, so I swear by it even though it isn't the cheapest.

Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #185 on: June 22, 2020, 09:01:51 AM »

Soya milk is higher in protein and lower in carbs/sugar which helps to burn fat and build muscle!  I often substitute it for dairy milk in coffee and put it on a sliced banana for my breakfast. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #186 on: June 22, 2020, 09:13:49 AM »

We once had a cute pussy that would just stroll in through open doors and despite my aversion to animals indoors I weakened and put out a saucer of cream but it turned up its nose. It wasn't even any old cream it was M&S cream. I thought pussies liked cream but apparently not.  When I Googled it appears they're lactose intolerant! 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #187 on: June 22, 2020, 09:20:26 AM »
Can't wait to have my eyebrows/lashes tinted and hair cut/coloured, when are these places opening up?  Even when they do I guess getting an appointment will be another thing.   8)><(   

Offline barrier

« Reply #188 on: June 22, 2020, 09:21:13 AM »
Can't wait to have my eyebrows/lashes tinted and hair cut/coloured, when are these places opening up?  Even when they do I guess getting an appointment will be another thing.   8)><(

DIY.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #189 on: June 22, 2020, 12:00:07 PM »

I think (and hope) July 4th (in England, that is).

My hairdresser called me out of the blue, and offered me an appointment for the 7th !  SO glad I'm a "regular", and put my name down on the waiting list.

A friend tells me she has an appointment for the 10th, so perhaps the wait won't be that long-----some people will be scared of going, and I would imagine quite a few have had these things done--um---"illegally".

Offline Carana

« Reply #190 on: July 18, 2020, 09:12:06 AM »

Coronavirus: Six types of COVID-19 identified by scientists in 'major' breakthrough for treatment
Symptoms not widely linked to the virus - like confusion and abdominal pain - are found to be hallmarks of its most severe forms.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-six-types-of-covid-19-identified-by-scientists-in-major-breakthrough-for-treatment-12030652