Author Topic: Was The MET ever going to make headway?  (Read 4803 times)

Offline Mr Gray

Re: Was The MET ever going to make headway?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2021, 08:50:06 PM »
Officially David Cameron responded to the McCann's pleas for help to find their daughter, and so did the Home Secretary and the Metropolitan Police.

Unofficially it was said that a certain editor 'persuaded' Cameron to respond by threatening to harass the Home Secretary if he didn't. I expect there were negotiations whereby everyone got what they wanted out of the deal.

In my opinion Operation Grange, as a meaningful investigation, ended in October 2015 when it's members were reduced to just four officers.

I think Grange haf an impossible task.. The PJs wasnt much easier. The only way a stranger abduction is solved is if someone soeaks and gives info to the investigation. It was the McCanns persistence that led to this latest and convincing lead

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2021, 09:09:52 PM »
I think Grange haf an impossible task.. The PJs wasnt much easier.The only way a stranger abduction is solved is if someone soeaks and gives info to the investigation. It was the McCanns persistence that led to this latest and convincing lead

Not true at all.  Sarah Payne and April Jones are two case that spring to mind.  Both involved stranger abduction and both were solved without informants.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2021, 09:18:14 PM »
Officially David Cameron responded to the McCann's pleas for help to find their daughter, and so did the Home Secretary and the Metropolitan Police.

Unofficially it was said that a certain editor 'persuaded' Cameron to respond by threatening to harass the Home Secretary if he didn't. I expect there were negotiations whereby everyone got what they wanted out of the deal.

In my opinion Operation Grange, as a meaningful investigation, ended in October 2015 when it's members were reduced to just four officers.

Lets face it who wouldn't want an all expenses paid to the Algarve ostensibly to visit soc ie a sort of 'fact-finding' mission as opposed to patrolling the streets of the big smoke  ?>)()<
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2021, 09:29:01 PM »
Not true at all.  Sarah Payne and April Jones are two case that spring to mind.  Both involved stranger abduction and both were solved without informants.
The police in the first case knocked on the door of the local paedo and (unlike in Portugal) he was in and was arrested.  In the latter case April Jones abduction was witnessed.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Anthro

Re: Was The MET ever going to make heaway?
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2021, 09:30:21 PM »
I think I might be sceptical some 8 years on, millons spent and a report declaring the MET institutionally corrupt.
Perhaps you should have followed Madeleine’s case fourteen years on. My opinion.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2021, 09:31:28 PM »
Lets face it who wouldn't want an all expenses paid to the Algarve ostensibly to visit soc ie a sort of 'fact-finding' mission as opposed to patrolling the streets of the big smoke  ?>)()<
This is such a dumb thing to write.  You make out as if it was the local plod on the beat who were sent to Portugal with their speedos and buckets and spades. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2021, 09:32:48 PM »
The police in the first case knocked on the door of the local paedo and (unlike in Portugal) he was in and was arrested.  In the latter case April Jones abduction was witnessed.

Exactly so cases are resolved without the need for informants.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2021, 09:33:33 PM »
Perhaps you should have followed Madeleine’s case fourteen years on. My opinion.

What makes you think I haven't?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2021, 09:34:51 PM »
This is such a dumb thing to write.  You make out as if it was the local plod on the beat who were sent to Portugal with their speedos and buckets and spades.

What was the purpose of the visits and what was achieved?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2021, 09:41:02 PM »
What was the purpose of the visits and what was achieved?
I don’t know specifically as they don’t brief me, but answer me this - do you think they should not have gone to Portugal at all as part of their investigation?

Offline Anthro

« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2021, 09:46:00 PM »
What makes you think I haven't?
Your words.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2021, 09:52:08 PM »
I don’t know specifically as they don’t brief me, but answer me this - do you think they should not have gone to Portugal at all as part of their investigation?

I think one detective would suffice. 

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2021, 09:54:25 PM »
Exactly so cases are resolved without the need for informants.
Im not really bothered what anyone here says ir thinks. Im absolutely convinced Wolters knows exactly how maddie died but does not have the evidence as yet to prove CBs involvement.. Although he knows he did it

I have a case where I know  as a fact someone is guilty of theft against me but the cps says not enough evidence.. So I know its possible to know someone is guilty but not able to take them to court

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2021, 10:04:10 PM »
Im not really bothered what anyone here says ir thinks. Im absolutely convinced Wolters knows exactly how maddie died but does not have the evidence as yet to prove CBs involvement.. Although he knows he did it

I have a case where I know  as a fact someone is guilty of theft against me but the cps says not enough evidence.. So I know its possible to know someone is guilty but not able to take them to court

It's how miscarriages of justice happen when the police think they know but lack the evidence.

The police were convinced Colin Stagg murdered Rachel Nickell but they were proved wrong. 

The police were informed by Carl Beech that numerous high profile individuals were part of a paedophile ring and they were daft enough to fall for it hook, line and sinker. 

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2021, 10:08:08 PM »
I think one detective would suffice.
Why only one?  Is it standard practice to just send one person to investigate high profile cases that require foreign travel?