Author Topic: A reasonable viewpoint  (Read 5939 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: A reasonable viewpoint
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2021, 03:54:56 PM »
So when he saw Gerry McCann walking down the aircraft steps, despite the coincidence, he was thinking of men in general? No, he was pretty sure he saw Gerry McCann. He didn't state that he thought it was Rod Stewart or Denzel Washington, but Gerry McCann.

Can he prove it?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2021, 03:59:20 PM »
Why don't you just stop obfuscating and tell it as it was. Smith was so sure he had witnessed Gerry McCann carrying his daughter the night Maddie disappeared that he called the Irish police and reported it. That IS evidence whether you like it or not.

60 to 80%  is so sure is it?  Take that one to Court.  But no one ever did.  Why not, do you think?

I'm not sure what obfuscating means but at least I am here most of the time.

Offline jassi

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2021, 04:01:05 PM »
Can he prove it?

Wouldn't have thought it was done to Smith to prove anything. He gave a witness statement regarding what he saw.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2021, 04:01:25 PM »
Did you forget about the Eddie and Keela alerts in the apartment and to Kate McCanns clothing. Maybe that was imagined too

And why didn't Kate McCann cooperate with the Portuguese detectives if she was innocent?

As ever, we have done all this many times while you weren't around.

And The McCanns have never been so much as arrested.

Offline The General

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2021, 04:02:58 PM »
Can he prove it?
That's how eye witnesses work. You rely on their testimony because you've got little choice sans corroboration.
I would say that him coming forward after the fact as he did could be construed in two ways; either he's an unreliable witness not having noticed earlier, or it's more compelling given account of how he made the connection despite the time delay.
I don't care which it is, but all witnesses should be accounted for.
And let's all pretend that Martin Smith didn't identify Gerry McCann at all, but merely a man carrying a child towards the beach on the night a child goes missing - are we still dismissing that?
Or, he describes a scruffy, lank-haired, wiry character carrying a child towards the beach?
What about of he comes forward last June when CB hit the headlines and says 'I'm 60-80% sure I saw that guy carrying a child towards the beach'?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2021, 04:05:01 PM »
Wouldn't have thought it was done to Smith to prove anything. He gave a witness statement regarding what he saw.

Someone has to prove it and that won't be for The McCanns to prove their Innocence.  This is Basic British Law.

Offline The General

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2021, 04:05:44 PM »
60 to 80%  is so sure is it?  Take that one to Court.  But no one ever did.  Why not, do you think?

I'm not sure what obfuscating means but at least I am here most of the time.
What if an eye witness came forward fingering CB '60 / 80%'? Is that any more compelling?

Offline The General

« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2021, 04:07:14 PM »
All that rubbish as been answered many times.. A cadaver dog that will alert to a coconut.. Some are easily fooled.
The.. Innocent people always answer questions... is more codswallop.
What if it's established that CB killed MM in situ, then removed her? How will that fit?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2021, 04:08:25 PM »
That's how eye witnesses work. You rely on their testimony because you've got little choice sans corroboration.
I would say that him coming forward after the fact as he did could be construed in two ways; either he's an unreliable witness not having noticed earlier, or it's more compelling given account of how he made the connection despite the time delay.
And let's all pretend that Martin Smith didn't identify Gerry McCann at all, but merely a man carrying a child towards the beach on the night a child goes missing - are we still dismissing that?
Or, he describes a scruffy, lank-haired, wiry character carrying a child towards the beach?
What about of he comes forward last June when CB hit the headlines and says 'I'm 60-80% sure I saw that guy carrying a child towards the beach'?

What happened to Martin Smith's statement?  Any news on that one?

Offline The General

« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2021, 04:10:19 PM »
What happened to Martin Smith's statement?  Any news on that one?
Why not answer the question?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2021, 04:10:40 PM »
What if an eye witness came forward fingering CB '60 / 80%'? Is that any more compelling?

I have no idea about Breuckner and have always said so.  You picked on the wrong Supporter.  But then you often aren't here either.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2021, 04:12:13 PM »
Why not answer the question?

What is your question?

Offline The General

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2021, 04:13:04 PM »
I have no idea about Breuckner and have always said so.  You picked on the wrong Supporter.  But then you often aren't here either.
The point being, either an eye witness is to be followed up or not.

Offline The General

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2021, 04:13:57 PM »
What is your question?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2021, 04:24:39 PM »

I can't answer for Martin Smith.  But in any event none of his family agreed with him.

But you could try asking Amaral.  He might know more than I do.