Author Topic: NB's Gunshot Wounds Sustained In The Kitchen  (Read 4878 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: NB's Gunshot Wounds Sustained In The Kitchen
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2017, 03:59:33 PM »
If the silencer scratched the Aga/mantle surround during the "violent struggle" then surely these flakes of red paint which when forensically analysed contained several layers would give the appearance of steps with previous coats of paint visible eg the white underneath the red?  Why would only red paint be visible? 

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=1026.0;attach=2057

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/feb/21/jeremy-bamber-murder-conviction-doubt 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2017, 07:09:01 PM »
The CoA doc:

80. Having seen what they believed to be red paint on the moderator, members of the deceased's family returned to the farmhouse and examined the red painted mantel shelf above the Aga in the kitchen. On the underside they found what appeared to be recent damage. On 14 August 1985 the underside of the mantel shelf was examined by one of the scenes of crime officers, DI Cook. He found score marks and took a sample of the paint from the area. The paint sample was compared with the paint recovered from the knurled end of the moderator and each was found to contain the same fifteen layers of paint and varnish. On 1 October 1985 casts were taken of the marks and impressions found on the underside of the shelf. These were also consistent with having been caused by the moderator and there had been more than one contact between it and the shelf.

Paint samples taken from the Aga surround matched the red paint on the moderator.  All 15 layers!  Where's the white paint then?  15 layers?  If the scratches were so deep as to remove 15 layers then the white paint underneath the red should have been apparent?  A half decent painter and decorator would at least rub down if not use a blow torch.

Well, they don't mention the colours of the 15 layers, just that here were 15 layers. If one under the red was white, it wouldn't be visible but encased inside the 15 layers. From the look of the kitchen, I don't think they read House and Home and they probably just painted it themselves.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2017, 08:04:39 AM »
Well, they don't mention the colours of the 15 layers, just that here were 15 layers. If one under the red was white, it wouldn't be visible but encased inside the 15 layers. From the look of the kitchen, I don't think they read House and Home and they probably just painted it themselves.

But if painted wood is scratched to the extent claimed, length and depth, resulting in 25 flakes attaching to the silencer some measuring 0.6mm then I struggle to see each flake 'encased'.  I'm thinking ragged edges with visible evidence of other colours from the 14/15 layers particularly the white underlaying the red.  I'll carry out an experiment.   

I scratched the underside of a window sil yesterday, my own I hasten to add, with a fairly blunt pen knife and visible paint chips/flakes dropped onto the carpet.  So as far as I can see Peter Sutherst's claims are correct ie had the scratches occurred on 7th Aug then paint chips/flakes would be visible on the carpet in SoC photos. 

Peter Sutherst seems like everyone's favourite Grandad in appearance and manner.  ?{)(**

Who was responsible for internal maintenance?  I'm assuming it was the Henry Smith charity?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Myster

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2017, 08:39:54 AM »
But if painted wood is scratched to the extent claimed, length and depth, resulting in 25 flakes attaching to the silencer some measuring 0.6mm then I struggle to see each flake 'encased'.  I'm thinking ragged edges with visible evidence of other colours from the 14/15 layers particularly the white underlaying the red.  I'll carry out an experiment.   

I scratched the underside of a window sil yesterday, my own I hasten to add, with a fairly blunt pen knife and visible paint chips/flakes dropped onto the carpet.  So as far as I can see Peter Sutherst's claims are correct ie had the scratches occurred on 7th Aug then paint chips/flakes would be visible on the carpet in SoC photos. 

Peter Sutherst seems like everyone's favourite Grandad in appearance and manner.  ?{)(**

Who was responsible for internal maintenance?  I'm assuming it was the Henry Smith charity?

Not necessarily, if the chips were flicked from the moderator end to a place where no crime scene photos were taken.
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Myster

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2017, 08:42:34 AM »
I reckon the family painted the surround and other woodwork themselves to whatever colour they fancied.

Hence the reason for so many layers (15?) without burning any off - original varnish, cream, then pillar-box red.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 08:54:47 AM by Myster »

Offline APRIL

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2017, 08:55:23 AM »
I reckon the family painted the surround and other woodwork to whatever colour they fancied.

I can go with that. It looks as if paint has been painted over paint over paint. What other colours were revealed would depend on the depth of the scratch inflicted. It only looks like a surface scratch to me.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2017, 08:58:43 AM »
Not necessarily, if the chips were flicked from the moderator end to a place where no crime scene photos were taken.

I doubt paint chips would be capable of flying beyond the SoC photos which exist for that entire area.

Offline Myster

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2017, 09:01:01 AM »
I can go with that. It looks as if paint has been painted over paint over paint. What other colours were revealed would depend on the depth of the scratch inflicted. It only looks like a surface scratch to me.

Chipped in two places, and with surface scratches matching the knurling of the moderator end cap...

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2017, 09:10:54 AM »
I reckon the family painted the surround and other woodwork themselves to whatever colour they fancied.

Hence the reason for so many layers (15?) without burning any off - original varnish, cream, then pillar-box red.

Always best to remove existing paint first for a better finish  8(>((

Offline Myster

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2017, 09:11:38 AM »
I doubt paint chips would be capable of flying beyond the SoC photos which exist for that entire area.
But do any photos exist, other than the usual ones we've seen on the net, of e.g. underneath the table or obscure areas on the other side of the room?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2017, 09:13:08 AM »

A cast taken by DI Cook for forensic examination revealed 15 layers.  The same 15 layers found on the silencer  8(0(*

Offline Myster

« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2017, 09:17:04 AM »
Always best to remove existing paint first for a better finish  8(>((

Only if you've got OCD. I used to be that particular, but not any more.

Old paint of 1985 vintage contained lead apparently, and burning off isn't recommended, so I've read.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2017, 09:36:51 AM »
Only if you've got OCD. I used to be that particular, but not any more.

Old paint of 1985 vintage contained lead apparently, and burning off isn't recommended, so I've read.

My dad always insisted on rubbing down or removing with a blow torch.  I think that's maybe where I get my OCD from.  A radish would be cut into a flower with petals before being served!

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2017, 09:54:03 AM »
But do any photos exist, other than the usual ones we've seen on the net, of e.g. underneath the table or obscure areas on the other side of the room?

Yes, you can see in the following vid Peter Sutherst inspects SoC photos under the full length of the Aga.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2010/feb/21/jeremy-bamber-murder-conviction-doubt

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2017, 01:07:22 PM »
Yes, you can see in the following vid Peter Sutherst inspects SoC photos under the full length of the Aga.

Actually I meant to post this youtube vid which shows Peter Sutherst looking at the carpet under the Aga:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/video/2011/jan/30/jeremy-bamber-new-evidence-video