Author Topic: The Boris Bounce and all the Benefits of Brexit  (Read 36043 times)

Offline faithlilly

Re: The Boris Bounce and all the Benefits of Brexit
« Reply #165 on: March 16, 2020, 07:28:26 PM »
What immigrants are you talking about Faith? People who come and work here and find housing without jumping the council queue are not an issue- should they be tarred with the same brush as the illegal immigrants who then claim asylum and are given housing-grants- all sorts of benefits,. When found to be false, they infect the legal system with reasons why they should stay.

So who are you and those like you to tell the population they have to put up and shut up?  This country does not need or require large sections of young middle eastern/African men to come and do jobs that lazy white folks don't want to do! As if there are no lazy black folks- they can't get jobs because of racism apparently!

That hat should be placed on the hat stand. Immigration should be controlled full stop!

Asylum seekers are not the same as illegal immigrants. From FullFact

What can ‘illegal immigrants’ claim?

In response to a 2016 petition asking the government to ‘Stop all benefits to illegal immigrants completely’, the government said: “Illegal immigrants and failed asylum seekers are not entitled to, and do not get, benefits from the UK’s welfare system”.

In its debunking paper for the email, the House of Commons Library defines illegal immigrants as those who entered the UK unlawfully or stayed for longer than they were allowed without applying to stay longer.

Those in the UK without legal status are likely to be removed if their immigration status is discovered by the authorities. They inherently do not have the right to work in the UK and we don’t have figures for those that do so anyway.

As a result of the Welfare Reform Act 2012, only people with the right to work in the UK can collect National Insurance contribution based benefits like jobseeker’s and employment and support allowance, and work related benefits like statutory maternity pay.

People subject to immigration control (who require leave to enter or remain in the UK but don’t have it) are also prevented from collecting payments like housing and child benefit, and universal credit.

Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #166 on: March 16, 2020, 10:36:26 PM »
Asylum seekers are not the same as illegal immigrants. From FullFact

What can ‘illegal immigrants’ claim?

In response to a 2016 petition asking the government to ‘Stop all benefits to illegal immigrants completely’, the government said: “Illegal immigrants and failed asylum seekers are not entitled to, and do not get, benefits from the UK’s welfare system”.

In its debunking paper for the email, the House of Commons Library defines illegal immigrants as those who entered the UK unlawfully or stayed for longer than they were allowed without applying to stay longer.

Those in the UK without legal status are likely to be removed if their immigration status is discovered by the authorities. They inherently do not have the right to work in the UK and we don’t have figures for those that do so anyway.

As a result of the Welfare Reform Act 2012, only people with the right to work in the UK can collect National Insurance contribution based benefits like jobseeker’s and employment and support allowance, and work related benefits like statutory maternity pay.

People subject to immigration control (who require leave to enter or remain in the UK but don’t have it) are also prevented from collecting payments like housing and child benefit, and universal credit.

They do not get from the welfare budget that is very true.

They get funds from the home office.
Who gave millions to the Scottish government to 'take refugees'  to house and support them. Just in case you didn't notice many children are in homeless units due to violent abusing parents and these Refugees found housing no problem! Many failed refugees/asylum seeking  young men are taking up housing awaiting their legal teams to fight their cases as they get UK women pregnant to have a case to stay. All nice stuff. and all very ,very equal!!!!
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2020, 10:45:10 AM »

They do not get from the welfare budget that is very true.

They get funds from the home office.
Who gave millions to the Scottish government to 'take refugees'  to house and support them. Just in case you didn't notice many children are in homeless units due to violent abusing parents and these Refugees found housing no problem! Many failed refugees/asylum seeking  young men are taking up housing awaiting their legal teams to fight their cases as they get UK women pregnant to have a case to stay. All nice stuff. and all very ,very equal!!!!

Do you have any empirical evidence for your claims ?
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2020, 02:41:16 PM »
Do you have any empirical evidence for your claims ?

Faith, can you wonder why I would make up stories.These issues affect everyone. They impact on our fiscal budget- Education, health and social welfare. not to mention a cultural  difference, which many in this country find offensive, and divisive.

But here you are...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-47597458

https://www.gov.scot/publications/homelessness-scotland-2018-2019/

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2020, 06:40:47 PM »
Faith, can you wonder why I would make up stories.These issues affect everyone. They impact on our fiscal budget- Education, health and social welfare. not to mention a cultural  difference, which many in this country find offensive, and divisive.

But here you are...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-47597458

https://www.gov.scot/publications/homelessness-scotland-2018-2019/

It’s also been proved that immigrants give back to the economy much more than they take out.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2018/09/26/migrants-contribute-more-to-britain-than-they-take-and-will-carry-on-doing-so

« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2020, 06:55:18 PM »
It’s also been proved that immigrants give back to the economy much more than they take out.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2018/09/26/migrants-contribute-more-to-britain-than-they-take-and-will-carry-on-doing-so

I disagree Faith. on two accounts

1. illegal immigrants/turned asylum seekers give nothing back and bleed the system.
2. people who are legally here and work- there are no stats to say if they put in more than they take out. Many send money back home taking funds out of out fiscal system.  Many claim top up tax such as bar persons and café workers...

Just the scare mongering who will pick our fruit and veg-(if not the slaves driven by gang masters) we need to ask who did these jobs before they came? what happened to them? are there not enough people claiming unemployment benefit who could not do these jobs?

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #171 on: March 17, 2020, 07:17:00 PM »
I disagree Faith. on two accounts

1. illegal immigrants/turned asylum seekers give nothing back and bleed the system.
2. people who are legally here and work- there are no stats to say if they put in more than they take out. Many send money back home taking funds out of out fiscal system.  Many claim top up tax such as bar persons and café workers...

Just the scare mongering who will pick our fruit and veg-(if not the slaves driven by gang masters) we need to ask who did these jobs before they came? what happened to them? are there not enough people claiming unemployment benefit who could not do these jobs?

Did you bother to read the link I posted ?

« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2020, 06:25:00 PM »
Did you bother to read the link I posted ?

It isn't proof. just stats. The increase in slave CHEAP labour doesn't seem to bother the hard left.

People who come to this country to work usually go through official channels, like my sister did going to Australia. The check out the legal admission criteria, find a job and housing THEN GO.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2020, 06:45:23 PM »
It isn't proof. just stats. The increase in slave CHEAP labour doesn't seem to bother the hard left.

People who come to this country to work usually go through official channels, like my sister did going to Australia. The check out the legal admission criteria, find a job and housing THEN GO.

Did you read Labour’s manifesto ? Banning zero hour contracts, a national minimum wage of £10 etc, etc. In fact Labour would have done more for ‘the slave cheap labour’ you talk about than any government in living memory.

The more you post MTI the more I realise that you have no idea what you are talking about.

« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2020, 07:27:35 PM »
Did you read Labour’s manifesto ? Banning zero hour contracts, a national minimum wage of £10 etc, etc. In fact Labour would have done more for ‘the slave cheap labour’ you talk about than any government in living memory.

The more you post MTI the more I realise that you have no idea what you are talking about.

I don't read manifestos due to the fact it is just click bait/ empty promises.

Labour has no intention of creating the ability to ban slave labour- they do not know who these slave masters are- they refuse to accept they exist, they love the illegal immigrants and  labour run councils support.

"The more you post MTI the more I realise that you have no idea what you are talking about. "

Is this because I disagree with a lot of what you type? I thought you better than that Faith.

You have to wonder why no one voted for them to WIN with that great manifesto and the Tories still offering universal credit!!

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #175 on: March 23, 2020, 10:19:07 PM »
I don't read manifestos due to the fact it is just click bait/ empty promises.

Labour has no intention of creating the ability to ban slave labour- they do not know who these slave masters are- they refuse to accept they exist, they love the illegal immigrants and  labour run councils support.

"The more you post MTI the more I realise that you have no idea what you are talking about. "

Is this because I disagree with a lot of what you type? I thought you better than that Faith.

You have to wonder why no one voted for them to WIN with that great manifesto and the Tories still offering universal credit!!

I have no problem with you disagreeing with me MTI, that’s what makes for good debate. I do, however, have a problem with you doing so without doing your research first.

As to why Labour didn’t win, it was less to do with the manifesto and more to do with Brexit and an unholy smear campaign against its leader by the MSM.

« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2020, 02:07:33 PM »
I have no problem with you disagreeing with me MTI, that’s what makes for good debate. I do, however, have a problem with you doing so without doing your research first.

As to why Labour didn’t win, it was less to do with the manifesto and more to do with Brexit and an unholy smear campaign against its leader by the MSM.

I have no problem with you disagreeing with me MTI, that’s what makes for good debate. :)  and it is respectful

I do, however, have a problem with you doing so without doing your research first.

Noted. you can let me know when My research is failing me. 8(0(*

"As to why Labour didn’t win, it was less to do with the manifesto and more to do with Brexit and an unholy smear campaign against its leader by the MSM."

I agree the [ censored word]emitism could be blamed on a very small number of voters and it was an unfair smear IMO. However I Think it  a real stretch of the imagination to believe those reasons you claim were the real cause.
Even now, the corbynistas and Dianne abbot are loathed in great numbers as they are seen for what they are- mostly inept and pathetic.

Offline Carana

« Reply #177 on: June 17, 2020, 05:44:53 PM »

« Reply #178 on: June 17, 2020, 09:59:43 PM »
I really just don't get what the advantages of Brexit are supposed to be...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jun/17/brexit-germany-urges-eu-to-plan-for-possible-no-deal-20?CMP=share_btn_tw

"I really just don't get what the advantages of Brexit are supposed to be...
"

Neither does the left wing media...  you are in good company don't go letting it bother you.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #179 on: June 17, 2020, 11:01:19 PM »
"I really just don't get what the advantages of Brexit are supposed to be...
"

Neither does the left wing media...  you are in good company don't go letting it bother you.

It appears you don’t either.