Poll

If Offered A Covid Vaccine Today Would You Accept?

Yes
9 (60%)
No
4 (26.7%)
Don't Know
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Fast-tracking a vaccine  (Read 16667 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Fast-tracking a vaccine
« on: April 22, 2020, 12:03:32 PM »
As I understand it the above is being worked on with various timescales given the longest some 18 months.  Those working on a vaccine have admitted it will not go though all the normal clinical trials to check for side effects because it can take months/years for any side effects to develop.

How do others feel about getting vaccinated given the above?
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline misty

Re: Fast-tracking a vaccine
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2020, 12:45:15 PM »
As I understand it the above is being worked on with various timescales given the longest some 18 months.  Those working on a vaccine have admitted it will not go though all the normal clinical trials to check for side effects because it can take months/years for any side effects to develop.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-has-mutated-into-more-than-30-strains-say-scientists-in-china-11976380

IMO any vaccine developed will be about as effect as the flu vaccine. I had terrible flu last New Year  and previously in Dec 2018 - after the first 2 flu vaccines I'd had in my lifetime. Given the haste in which various governments want Covid 19 mass vaccination implemented, I will be very reluctant to have the jab.

Offline Myster

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 12:56:49 PM »
There's always a chance that you might burst out in pangolins...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/The_cow_pock.jpg
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline barrier

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 01:01:32 PM »

No thanks,I'll chance it.Whats the hurry one wonders,what are we not being told.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2020, 01:49:21 PM »

I think we need more information. The problem is whats the alternative and if enough people dont take up the vaccine where does that leave us re lockdown and  return to normal. Its either  avaccine or herd immunity at the moment afaics

Offline Carana

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2020, 05:23:12 PM »
Well, various studies appear to be underway to find treatments as well.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2020, 05:30:54 PM »

Still no treatment for the common cold...nor flu......anti virals can help.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2020, 05:40:31 PM »

this is a graph for weekly deaths in London in the last 10 years...thats all deaths whatever the cause. The blue line is this year..... I think that puts thing into proportion
« Last Edit: April 22, 2020, 05:43:22 PM by Davel »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 08:48:50 PM »
No thanks,I'll chance it.Whats the hurry one wonders,what are we not being told.

Me too!   I knew we would eventually find some common ground! 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2020, 08:51:23 PM »

Plasma transfer from the covid recovered.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 08:52:36 PM »
Still no treatment for the common cold...nor flu......anti virals can help.

These constantly mutate don't they?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2020, 08:53:30 PM »

this is a graph for weekly deaths in London in the last 10 years...thats all deaths whatever the cause. The blue line is this year..... I think that puts thing into proportion

&%%6

Offline Carana

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2020, 02:04:05 AM »
Plasma transfer from the covid recovered.

Yes, that's one of them.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2020, 10:17:06 AM »
Yes, that's one of them.

I don't have the courage of the early cowpox volunteers ... I have absolutely no intention of having a vaccination against Covid-19.  For one who does not vaccinate against 'flu - it really is a leap in the dark for me and I've heard too many tales like Misty's.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Carana

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2020, 10:35:04 AM »
I don't have the courage of the early cowpox volunteers ... I have absolutely no intention of having a vaccination against Covid-19.  For one who does not vaccinate against 'flu - it really is a leap in the dark for me and I've heard too many tales like Misty's.

I've only been popping in occasionally for quite a while - any link to a thread to find what Misty said? Hope she's ok.