Author Topic: Barry George revisited.  (Read 167576 times)

Offline Nicholas

Re: Barry George revisited.
« Reply #165 on: March 29, 2019, 11:29:35 PM »
“By the late 1980s Mr George had developed his routine of relentlessly following women, often on his roller skates, and drawing up lists of addresses, descriptions and car registration numbers for those he had followed.

During his trial, diplomat Claudia Casey, 40, sobbed as she described having to jump into a passing car after having her arm grabbed by a man she believes was George in Fulham in 1995. Another witness, Angela Gordon, claimed he appeared on her doorstep and asked to kiss her.

They and the hundreds of women who were unwittingly stalked by Mr George will be hoping he is now housed a very long way away from them
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2484893/Jill-Dando-verdict-What-now-for-Barry-George.html
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #166 on: March 29, 2019, 11:43:10 PM »
“Two witnesses saw the killer leave the scene of the crime but neither identified him as Mr George.

Their descriptions of the killer loosely fitted Mr George, so they did not completely exclude him.

The only witnesses who did identify Mr George were those who saw him hanging around near Jill Dando’s home some hours before she was murdered.
Thus, the Crown’s task was to conflate the identifications of the pre-kill witnesses with the descriptions of the two scene-of-the-crime witnesses.

The Crown did not rely on a Tommy Cooper “just like that” wave of the hand to do this but established a backdrop to the killing.

First, it claimed Miss Dando was not murdered by a Serbian hitman, an ex-boyfriend, a vengeful criminal convicted by her Crimewatch work, an obsessive and jealous fan, a thief, a crazed junkie. She was murdered by a man with an irrational motive that would appear senseless to anyone normal. A fantasist — they said Mr George was a “fantasist”, a believer in crackpot theories.

Second, they suggested the killer was a loner, not a professional killer or criminal but with knowledge of pistols, and had access to amateurish kinds of weapons (converted blank-firers, or reactivated deactivated guns). This, they said, fitted Mr George.

Third, the Crown’s case was that the killer would have had to have some experience in following and observing women without their being aware.

They said Mr George’s hobby was to track, stalk and sometimes attack women in the Fulham area and there was a mass of evidence.

Fourth, as Miss Dando was not followed when driving to her home that morning (conclusively shown by the CCTV from numerous vantage points) and as her visits to her home were unpredictable (she was living at her fiancé’s house) the killer would have had to hang around her home in Gowan Avenue.

The jury appeared to accept from their questions after retirement that Mr George was in Gowan Avenue the Monday morning that she was killed.

There were four witnesses who identified Mr George as being in Gowan Avenue that morning.
The first, Susan Mayes, was rock solid on identifying him at being opposite Miss Dando’s house at 7am.
The jury was directed by the judge to look at her evidence first and only if they believed it to move on to the other witnesses.

The jury came out on their second day of retirement and asked to see the video of her identification of Mr George and to listen to the evidence she gave in the witness box.

They went back to their deliberations and came out, three hours later, and asked the judge to go through the evidence of the descriptions given by the two scene-of-the-crime witnesses.

As their directions were that they must acquit if they were not sure about Miss Mayes identifying Mr George, this must have meant they had agreed he was in Gowan Avenue that morning.

They then came out at noon on Friday with a question about the other three witnesses who made “partial identifications” of Mr George.

The judge directed that they could use video evidence of the partial identifications as support for Susan Mayes’s identification but they could “not convert two or more partial identifications into a positive identification”. An hour later they reached their verdict.

Crown counsel Jonathon Laidlaw’s last comment in his closing speech was “We suggest that this is no coincidence.” If they did think about the coincidences, the jury clearly did not think they defied common sense.

On the other hand, they may not have seen the subtlety of the Crown’s case. Who knows, except them?
But it doesn’t matter, the die is cast and cannot be un-cast.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2491147/Analysis-Twists-and-turns-that-enabled-Barry-George-to-walk-free.html
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #167 on: March 29, 2019, 11:45:57 PM »
Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
1h
In the light of the forthcoming BBC documentary next Tuesday, I thought it opportune to highlight my book, the TRUE story of our family and the flawed investigation into Jill Dando’s murder, 20 years ago.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Michelle_Diskin

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #168 on: March 29, 2019, 11:56:37 PM »
In a nutshell - I don' think much of manipulative individuals who use underhanded tactics in a quite obvious attempt to muddy the waters Eleanor.

Are you familiar with the term "gas lighting?"

I've read many of Barry George's sisters projections in her so called fight to stand for justice but I no longer buy into it. It stopped the day Simon Hall confessed. The niggles I had with regards the personalities of some of those people I once associated with kept niggling away at me - bit like David Jessel said in his comment about "the confession."

I'm driven by truth and justice. I have no agenda. I've learned much since I was conned and I've had to get to the bottom of how and why I was conned.

I've also learned a lot about criminal law and the loopholes used by some in their attempts to give themselves an air of plausible deniability (which equates to a lack of accountability).

!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #169 on: March 30, 2019, 09:05:57 AM »
Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
1h
In the light of the forthcoming BBC documentary next Tuesday, I thought it opportune to highlight my book, the TRUE story of our family and the flawed investigation into Jill Dando’s murder, 20 years ago.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Michelle_Diskin

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
1h
Yes...this is also in my book! My mother was targeted the same way.
‘A PHONE HACKING HIT? How Jill Dando was Tracked to her Doorstep’ – Byline Times
https://bylinetimes.com/2019/03/29/a-phone-hacking-hit-how-jill-dando-was-tracked-to-her-doorstep/

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #170 on: March 30, 2019, 11:54:20 AM »

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
1h
Yes...this is also in my book! My mother was targeted the same way.
‘A PHONE HACKING HIT? How Jill Dando was Tracked to her Doorstep’ – Byline Times
https://bylinetimes.com/2019/03/29/a-phone-hacking-hit-how-jill-dando-was-tracked-to-her-doorstep/

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
50m
Why oh why do they keep saying...’stash of photos’ found in Barry’s flat...THEY WERE UNDEVELOPED ROLLS OF FILM!!!
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8724070/who-killed-jill-dando-serbian-mafia-paedophile-ring/#comments

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #171 on: March 30, 2019, 11:56:24 AM »

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
50m
Why oh why do they keep saying...’stash of photos’ found in Barry’s flat...THEY WERE UNDEVELOPED ROLLS OF FILM!!!
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8724070/who-killed-jill-dando-serbian-mafia-paedophile-ring/#comments

How many photos did Barry George take and of whom?

How long did it take him to take these photos?

What lengths and planning did he go to in order to take the photos in the first place?

Seems these facts are lost on those intent on attempting to downplay the nature of his obsessive stalking.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #172 on: March 30, 2019, 12:34:41 PM »

Jim Newton-Smith
@LifeinBiteSize
·
11h
Replying to
@Michelle_Diskin
What on earth does the DM hope to achieve by this?

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
11h
Revenue! He is still a cash-cow 😪

Interesting, especially in terms of psychological projection!

Who’s cash cow is he?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #173 on: April 02, 2019, 08:18:52 PM »

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #174 on: April 02, 2019, 08:21:18 PM »
Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀 Retweeted

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
8h
Replying to
@DrSusanYoung1
Barry George is on trial again
@DrSusanYoung1
. Of course no one else will be brought to justice...no one is investigating!
✴️Police/media, stop referring to autism in derogatory term...oddball, loner, weirdo! You offend many families with this discrimination, not just Barry.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #175 on: April 02, 2019, 08:22:40 PM »

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
8h
Replying to
@DrSusanYoung1
Barry George is on trial again
@DrSusanYoung1
. Of course no one else will be brought to justice...no one is investigating!
✴️Police/media, stop referring to autism in derogatory term...oddball, loner, weirdo! You offend many families with this discrimination, not just Barry.

Susan Young’s reputation is at stake so she had a need to defend Barry George.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #176 on: April 02, 2019, 08:23:39 PM »

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
2h
Replying to
@ccrcupdate
Not so much interesting for Barry, as scary! He’s been battling for justice for 19yrs, then the officer who was responsible for his wrongful conviction is given a platform on BBC to say ‘no one else was being sought for this crime’ how else would he be feeling? Disgraceful!

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #177 on: April 03, 2019, 09:03:35 AM »

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
2h
Replying to
@ccrcupdate
Not so much interesting for Barry, as scary! He’s been battling for justice for 19yrs, then the officer who was responsible for his wrongful conviction is given a platform on BBC to say ‘no one else was being sought for this crime’ how else would he be feeling? Disgraceful!

I’d like to hear firsthand how Barry George ‘feels’ as opposed to his sisters opinion of what she thinks he ‘feels.’

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #178 on: April 03, 2019, 12:02:56 PM »

Mark Williams-Thomas
@mwilliamsthomas
Just watched Dando programme - so ex DCI Campbell basically is convinced Barry George is guilty & has just said as much  . When the full details are known about the investigation and case it’s clear that Barry was not responsible at all .
11:05 PM · Apr 2, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone
 Retweets
Geraint Cynan
@cerddcynan
·
12h
Replying to
@mwilliamsthomas
Graceless individual. Bombastic and unrepentant. As opposed to the magnificent decorum displayed by Dando family.

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
12h
This is just betraying the Dando family further, they’ve been lied to for 19years. Not to mention us 😢

https://mobile.twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/status/1113200690321612800

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #179 on: April 03, 2019, 12:05:37 PM »

Mark Williams-Thomas
@mwilliamsthomas
Just watched Dando programme - so ex DCI Campbell basically is convinced Barry George is guilty & has just said as much  . When the full details are known about the investigation and case it’s clear that Barry was not responsible at all .
11:05 PM · Apr 2, 2019 · Twitter for iPhone
 Retweets
Geraint Cynan
@cerddcynan
·
12h
Replying to
@mwilliamsthomas
Graceless individual. Bombastic and unrepentant. As opposed to the magnificent decorum displayed by Dando family.

Michelle Diskin Bates 🎀
@Michelle_Diskin
·
12h
This is just betraying the Dando family further, they’ve been lied to for 19years. Not to mention us 😢

https://mobile.twitter.com/mwilliamsthomas/status/1113200690321612800

http://www.kingofhits.co.uk/component/option,com_kunena/Itemid,65/func,view/catid,2/id,187606/