Author Topic: Barry George revisited.  (Read 167632 times)

Offline Myster

Re: Barry George revisited.
« Reply #210 on: April 08, 2019, 06:56:39 PM »
... or maybe not.  8((()*/
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #211 on: April 08, 2019, 06:56:57 PM »
A recent BBC documentary about the murder of Jill Dando:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0003w40/the-murder-of-jill-dando

What has always struck me as odd about this case is the fact Jill Dando spent very little time at her house.  Instead spending most of the time at her fiancees house in Chiswick where she spent the night before she was murdered.  Then when she left his house that morning she didn't go straight to her house but went shopping.  CCTV footage doesn't show any evidence that she was being followed.  Later that day she was due to attend a bridal shop for a fitting. 

How would anyone, other than those in the know through Jill, her fiancee and those close to her know her movements?  The one exception being immediate neighbours.

Jill and Alan were engaged in Feb 1999 and on the day of the murder she was due to attend a bridal shop.  Was the perp, either directly or through a hit person, a jealous ex or someone that had desires on Alan Farthing from afar? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Farthing

The docu shows yet another completely male dominated police investigation so once again we only see the case investigated through the male eye!

Many of the participants ask why would anyone want to murder Jill Dando?  Jealousy?  Here was a woman who appeared to have it all and if the perp had some unhealthy interest in Alan Farthing or was a jealous ex then I would imagine if you were that way inclined it would only be exacerbated by seeing Jill's face on high profile tv programmes like News, Holiday and Crimewatch.

Many things stand out for me including the fact that,

“psychologist Dr Caroline Logan, called by the prosecution, said she believed George feigned illness in the hope of influencing the case.

And Barry George’s history proves he had form for having previously conned the criminal justice system.

I’m of the opinion that he could well be re-tried in the not too distant future.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 07:01:30 PM by Nicholas »
Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #212 on: April 08, 2019, 06:58:15 PM »
... or maybe not.  8((()*/

8((()*/

Yep that appears to have been yet another auto correct blunder

Who wants to take on this great massive lie?” Writer Martin Preib on the tsunami of innocence fraud sweeping our nation

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #213 on: April 08, 2019, 07:04:29 PM »
0.4 miles is approximately 704 yards!
“Detectives investigating the killing became increasingly convinced Mr George was the gunman after they discovered he had followed numerous women and taken thousands of pictures of them.
But in an interview, Mr George insisted that at the time Miss Dando was murdered, he was following another woman after leaving a disability centre in Fulham.
Miss Dando was shot dead on her doorstep in Fulham, west London, at around 11.30am on April 26 1999.
Between 10.30am and 12.33pm on the day of the shooting, Mr George insisted, he was either at the centre or walking beside the woman.
"I walked with her for a bit and from her perspective, maybe it was unwanted attention. But she didn't make that clear," he said.
"It didn't seem like she was telling me to go away. If she'd told me to leave I'd have done so straight away.
"That was at 12.33pm. I know because just a minute before I'd made a call from my mobile to check how much credit I had left."
During three weeks of surveillance before his arrest Mr George was seen to approach 38 women and try to make conversation with them.
He said of his history of stalking: "I know I have done wrong in the past and if I could go back in time and change that I would.
" https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2492744/Jill-Dando-murder-I-was-stalking-another-woman-at-the-time-says-Barry-George.html

Who said anything about George being able to view Miss Dando’s house or car from his address? By his own admission he was out and about in the area that day!

Because no one allegedly reported anyone loitering in the vicinity in the weeks/days leading up to the murder again doesn’t mean no one was.

There were “various conflicting sightings” on the day of the murder. Again doesn’t rule Barry George out.

And because Miss Dando hadn’t “reported anyone bothering her” again doesn’t mean this is a fact.

Did the 38 women who Barry George is said to have approached during 3 weeks of surveillance report anyone bothering them?

Was there CCTV is Gowen Avenue?

As Jill's cousin said if Barry George was responsible all the stars had to align @ 45 mins in plus

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #214 on: April 08, 2019, 07:12:55 PM »
Alan Farthing told the court:

"He said the breakdown of his seven-year marriage had been very painful and that Ms Dando had been "supportive"."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/the-private-man-the-tv-celebrity-and-a-whirlwind-romance-9249829.html

"Very painful"?  Who ended the marriage Alan Farthing, Maria Farthing or was it by mutual consent? 

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #215 on: April 08, 2019, 07:30:02 PM »
As Jill's cousin said if Barry George was responsible all the stars had to align @ 45 mins in plus

Not the smartest of idioms to use. Whether you believe Barry George to have murdered Miss Dando or A N Other - the stars were aligned *&^^&

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #216 on: April 08, 2019, 07:38:27 PM »
Alan Farthing told the court:

"He said the breakdown of his seven-year marriage had been very painful and that Ms Dando had been "supportive"."

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/this-britain/the-private-man-the-tv-celebrity-and-a-whirlwind-romance-9249829.html

"Very painful"?  Who ended the marriage Alan Farthing, Maria Farthing or was it by mutual consent?

It appears to me you are choosing to under estimate the police investigations in this case?! Is there a reason for that; other than your apparent bias for male police officers?

Btw can you explain what you mean by “we can only see the case investigated through the male eye?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #217 on: April 08, 2019, 07:51:34 PM »

You could say the stars were aligned when he rollerskated over 4 double decker buses without killing himself.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1890544/Video-Barry-George-attempts-rollerskate-four-double-decker-buses.html

He was quite clearly a risk taker.

Incidentally during the video, one minute he claims to have never done anything like this before then he says he had been planning it for 4 years..??
« Last Edit: April 08, 2019, 07:56:41 PM by Nicholas »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #218 on: April 08, 2019, 08:15:15 PM »
Not the smartest of idioms to use. Whether you believe Barry George to have murdered Miss Dando or A N Other - the stars were aligned *&^^&

I assume what was meant by this is that BG needed luck on his side.  Jill no longer lived at her house.  The house was on, or about to go on, the market.  She went back very infrequently on random days/times.  So if BG was responsible he must have struck lucky in that Jill pulled up in her car and he happened to be in the vicinity at the right time with a loaded firearm.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #219 on: April 08, 2019, 08:26:31 PM »
It appears to me you are choosing to under estimate the police investigations in this case?! Is there a reason for that; other than your apparent bias for male police officers?

I don't believe the best decisions are made by homogeneous groups of people.

In the case of Jill Dando the chief investigating officer, Hamish Campbell, makes silly comments such as the perp only had one bullet.  How could he possibly know the perp only had one bullet on his/her person?  How does the fact the bullet may have been tampered with in some way tell us the perp only had one bullet and was unprofessional?  He then refers to the perp leaving the signature bullet behind when in fact he was referring to the casing.  %56&

@ 21 mins in

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #220 on: April 08, 2019, 08:29:07 PM »
I assume what was meant by this is that BG needed luck on his side.  Jill no longer lived at her house.  The house was on, or about to go on, the market.  She went back very infrequently on random days/times.  So if BG was responsible he must have struck lucky in that Jill pulled up in her car and he happened to be in the vicinity at the right time with a loaded firearm.

He lived in the vicinity! Approx 700 yards away!

And Barry George had previously been caught by police carrying a lethal weapon!

I’d say he was damn lucky he wasn’t arrested and charged when found in the grounds of Kensington palace wouldn’t you?!

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #221 on: April 08, 2019, 09:09:38 PM »
He lived in the vicinity! Approx 700 yards away!

And Barry George had previously been caught by police carrying a lethal weapon!

I’d say he was damn lucky he wasn’t arrested and charged when found in the grounds of Kensington palace wouldn’t you?!

But he couldn't see Jill's car from his house.  Therefore if he was the perp he was lucky in that as he happened past Jill turned up. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #222 on: April 08, 2019, 09:10:55 PM »
I wonder if the perp fitted a tracking device to her car or less likely mobile phone?

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #223 on: April 08, 2019, 09:18:54 PM »
But he couldn't see Jill's car from his house.

No matter how many times you repeat it, the fact remains, by his own admission, he wasn’t in his house at the time of Miss Dando’s murder! He was apparently stalking another women?

However, based on his quite apparent and numerous contradictions it’s hard to believe anything he says.

Offline Nicholas

« Reply #224 on: April 08, 2019, 09:21:02 PM »
I wonder if the perp fitted a tracking device to her car or less likely mobile phone?

The idiom “grasping at straws” springs to mind.