Author Topic: How do people feel about the lockdown?  (Read 7964 times)

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: How do people feel about the lockdown?
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2020, 07:26:28 PM »
Tbh I'm quite enjoying it.  It reminds me somewhat of yesteryear when everything was quiter and simpler.

No more dilemmas in Costa Coffee about all the ridiculous permutations of coffees that exist.  To my mind this whole coffee thing was evident that something was amiss.

I've been doing lots of gardening and DIY.  If lock down goes on I'll look to do some volunteering. 
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2020, 08:18:47 PM »
No idea. I found it hilarious.  @)(++(*
What dialect does the dog have? It sounds a bit like an Australian to me.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 08:27:32 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Paj

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2020, 09:04:32 PM »
 8(0(*
I think it is too little too late and I am furious that there have been problems with the supply of protective clothing to front line NHS workers and criminal that they are only now having access to tests.

I know of a young woman working in a nursing home for the elderly where the patient she had been nursing who had all the symptoms of Covid-19 sadly died.
He was found not to have died from the virus just another common or garden chest infection but in the intervening period those who had been nursing him and who thought he might have had the virus were not tested and had to wait on tenterhooks.

Until we know who has the virus we will unnecessarily take valuable people into self isolation and people who are carrying without knowing it free to walk around spreading it.

We had plenty of warning.  I think we should have been far better prepared.

Offline Paj

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2020, 09:17:42 PM »
Sorry, previous post submitted before I'd actually replied, still getting the hang of the software here.

That's particularly highlighted where there are two people in a household - the dog is able to get 2 walks, and some large dogs really need that for health & welfare. But the same dog can only get 1 walk if there only happens to be one person living with him/her.  Iniquitous really.

And it absolutely infuriates me that taking your dog (or cat, or other pet) to the vet for urgent treatment isn't one of the essential reasons given.  Had to take my dog in twice last week as he was very poorly, to his vet 10 miles away. The second time he had to stay in for the day on a drip, then I had to collect him in the evening.  The police would apparently have had the discretion to make me turn back if they'd stopped me at a roadblock, and/or fine me. Ridiculous.  These requirements need to be put on the statute book, and all possible exceptions which are reasonable, set down.  Meanwhile, whether your dog lives or dies is apparently something an individual police officer has the power to decide - I hope this is unlikely, but I'm pushing the example to make my point clear.   

Offline Paj

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2020, 09:26:33 PM »
Unless he's well insured of course.  In which case make it look like an accident.

But be sure, if planting a rifle with a silencer attached into his hand in order to make a shot to the head look like suicide, that the length of the whole to the trigger isn't longer than his arm & hand ...   8(0(*

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2020, 11:36:05 PM »
Unless he's well insured of course.  In which case make it look like an accident.
Wicked!
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2020, 10:06:42 AM »
"Exercise must involve some movement."

I have just read this on MSN news (the guidelines as to what we're allowed and not allowed to do during lockdown".

Hm !

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2020, 10:10:25 AM »
Sorry, previous post submitted before I'd actually replied, still getting the hang of the software here.

That's particularly highlighted where there are two people in a household - the dog is able to get 2 walks, and some large dogs really need that for health & welfare. But the same dog can only get 1 walk if there only happens to be one person living with him/her.  Iniquitous really.

And it absolutely infuriates me that taking your dog (or cat, or other pet) to the vet for urgent treatment isn't one of the essential reasons given.  Had to take my dog in twice last week as he was very poorly, to his vet 10 miles away. The second time he had to stay in for the day on a drip, then I had to collect him in the evening.  The police would apparently have had the discretion to make me turn back if they'd stopped me at a roadblock, and/or fine me. Ridiculous.  These requirements need to be put on the statute book, and all possible exceptions which are reasonable, set down.  Meanwhile, whether your dog lives or dies is apparently something an individual police officer has the power to decide - I hope this is unlikely, but I'm pushing the example to make my point clear.

I have spent the past 3 weeks wondering whether my neighbours are going to shop me for taking my dog out more than once a day.

I have now read that exercise more than once a day is NOT illegal.  (Of course, it's now p-----g down with rain, so the dog will be getting less walks today anyway)!

Online Eleanor

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2020, 11:04:05 AM »

I am now seriously stressed and suffering from an awful dose of anxiety.  I don't know why because I haven't been anywhere for more than four weeks and my chances of catching it are slim.

However, my computer continues to play up so I have thrown in the towel and bought a new one.  999.00 EUROS.   I remain an unrepentant Apple Freak.  A since this one is eight years old, I have probably had my monies worth.

I am sitting here waiting for a very nice man to deliver it.  This in itself is stressful since I don't know how to say in French,  'at the top of the hill.' when he phones me.  And I can't get into Google Translate anymore. 

This is real Rural around here.

But  I have just been notified of my British Pension Entitlement for this year.  145.00 Pounds a week.  This is why I am entitled to The French Food Bank, which is probably how I managed to buy a new computer.  You win some and you lose some.

The only advice that I can give you is Don't Watch that Eyham Plague Video.  It has haunted my dreams.

Whoops, another Blog.  Sorry about that.  I still can't get into My Blog.  Mayhap tomorrow.

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2020, 11:47:33 AM »
I am now seriously stressed and suffering from an awful dose of anxiety.  I don't know why because I haven't been anywhere for more than four weeks and my chances of catching it are slim.

However, my computer continues to play up so I have thrown in the towel and bought a new one.  999.00 EUROS.   I remain an unrepentant Apple Freak.  A since this one is eight years old, I have probably had my monies worth.

I am sitting here waiting for a very nice man to deliver it.  This in itself is stressful since I don't know how to say in French,  'at the top of the hill.' when he phones me.  And I can't get into Google Translate anymore. 

This is real Rural around here.

But  I have just been notified of my British Pension Entitlement for this year.  145.00 Pounds a week.  This is why I am entitled to The French Food Bank, which is probably how I managed to buy a new computer.  You win some and you lose some.

The only advice that I can give you is Don't Watch that Eyham Plague Video.  It has haunted my dreams.

Whoops, another Blog.  Sorry about that.  I still can't get into My Blog.  Mayhap tomorrow.

"au sommet de la colline "  = "on top of the hill"   

When I can keep awake in the evening for long enough, I'm going to watch the Eyam plague video (will have to be late at night, as Mr Wah doesn't want to see it!).  If it's the one I watched years ago, it's very good. I find that daily news broadcast at 5pm more scary.

Enjoy the new computer!

Online Eleanor

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2020, 12:08:08 PM »

"au sommet de la colline "  = "on top of the hill"   

When I can keep awake in the evening for long enough, I'm going to watch the Eyam plague video (will have to be late at night, as Mr Wah doesn't want to see it!).  If it's the one I watched years ago, it's very good. I find that daily news broadcast at 5pm more scary.

Enjoy the new computer!

Ah Ha.  My son has just told me the same thing, except he said En Haut.

Yes, it is a good video of what or what not to do if you care about other people, which sadly, most of us don't.  It impressed me enormously that No One Else in Derbyshire actually caught it from them.  That was something else.

My New Computer still hasn't arrived.  So on tenterhooks now as it was supposed to arrive this morning.

Meanwhile this God Awful machine is actually behaving itself for the first time in months.  Too late, Mate.  You are toast.  Or you will be, if ever.

Offline Myster

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2020, 12:17:24 PM »
Just got time to change your mind and cancel the order...

LwMUPJI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK[Name removed]LwMUPJI
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2020, 12:47:59 PM »
Just got time to change your mind and cancel the order...

LwMUPJI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK[Name removed]LwMUPJI

Safari just dumped your Video.  Ha Ha.

If you want my opinion then I think Apple have decided that I should buy another Apple and consequently b....red up this one.  But come on, eight years ain't half bad.  My first Apple lasted for nine years.  For how long do most people get from their computers?

And since Apple will know that I have just bought another one they will want to keep me on board.

What price my sanity?

Offline Myster

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2020, 01:03:03 PM »
Safari just dumped your Video.  Ha Ha.

If you want my opinion then I think Apple have decided that I should buy another Apple and consequently b....red up this one.  But come on, eight years ain't half bad.  My first Apple lasted for nine years.  For how long do most people get from their computers?

And since Apple will know that I have just bought another one they will want to keep me on board.

What price my sanity?
My last self-built, future-proofed Windows PC lasted ten years, until its ancient Intel processor slowed things to a standstill. So now building another with the latest AMD Ryzen CPU... and growing tomatoes during the lockdown.

[attachment deleted by admin]
It's one of them cases, in'it... one of them f*ckin' cases.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2020, 01:41:40 PM »
My last self-built, future-proofed Windows PC lasted ten years, until its ancient Intel processor slowed things to a standstill. So now building another with the latest AMD Ryzen CPU... and growing tomatoes during the lockdown.

I am impressed.  I just hope to Log On.

Meanwhile I am growing Broad Beans, again.  I only ever hope to grow enough Broad Beans to grow the bloody things again next year.  They are pretty and The Slugs don't like them.

My son is growing Tomatoes, but I wouldn't say much for his chances.