Author Topic: The Trial Of Derek Chauvin, Death Of George Floyd  (Read 30980 times)

Offline John

A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

Re: The Trial Of Derek Chauvin, Death Of George Floyd
« Reply #91 on: April 07, 2021, 08:51:36 AM »
A Summary of the trial - Week 2 Day 2 cont'd...

Final witness was Sergeant Jody Stiger, of the Los Angeles Police Department, who has been retained by the state prosecutors as an expert witness on use-of-force tactics and policy. He stated that he was on vacation.

Prosecutor Schleicher as per usual explored the various experiences of the witness with LAPD including his knowledge of use of force in police arrests. He also served in the department's Safer Cities initiative. Stated that he was a tactics instructor for six years and had travelled to other police departments and agencies within the US to compare use of force tactics.

Asked about his presence as an expert witness in the death of George Floyd, stated that he had viewed all the videos and training materials provided by the prosecution. Schleicher asked if he had reached an opinion and what factors he had taken into account. Stiger opined that the force was excessive. Asked if the force used against Floyd was appropriate to the offence of passing of a counterfeit $20, states that it was a minor offence and that the force used was excessive.

Asked if a large person would constitute a risk, answered no. Asked if Floyd was offering resistance, answered yes that officers were justified. But once he was prone on the ground the officers should have eased up. Agreed that Floyd offered resistance both inside and outside of the vehicle. Added that officers should have de-escalated the situation once Floyd was on the ground.

Asked about the hobble device used to shackle the legs of suspects to prevent them kicking officers, Stiger agreed and smirked when adding that it was also used to stop suspects from kicking out the windows of police vehicles. Agreed that officers felt that Floyd had started to comply which negated the necessity to use the hobble.

Court ended for the day.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 05:25:34 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #92 on: April 07, 2021, 09:32:06 AM »
Oh dear, BLM propoganda?
Is Scientific American an arm of BLM?  Perhaps you could point out specifically which parts of the article are false or propaganda, starting with this paragraph:

Editor’s Note (3/29/21): The murder trial of Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer charged in the death of George Floyd, began with the defense arguing that Floyd died of underlying medical conditions and drug use. This contradicts two autopsy reports—one by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s Office and the other by private doctors commissioned by Floyd's family—that ruled the cause of death was homicide.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #93 on: April 07, 2021, 09:42:49 AM »
Is Scientific American an arm of BLM?  Perhaps you could point out specifically which parts of the article are false or propaganda, starting with this paragraph:

Editor’s Note (3/29/21): The murder trial of Derek Chauvin, the former Minneapolis police officer charged in the death of George Floyd, began with the defense arguing that Floyd died of underlying medical conditions and drug use. This contradicts two autopsy reports—one by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner’s Office and the other by private doctors commissioned by Floyd's family—that ruled the cause of death was homicide.

The entire article and the other blogs which accompany it are clearly BLM related.

PS. If you don't like the summaries don't read them!

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #94 on: April 07, 2021, 10:00:17 AM »
The entire article and the other blogs which accompany it are clearly BLM related.

PS. If you don't like the summaries don't read them!
I don't, just as you choose to disregard the conclusions of two postmortems - homicide.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline John

« Reply #95 on: April 07, 2021, 10:01:52 AM »
I don't, just as you choose to disregard the conclusions of two postmortems - homicide.

Well stop disrupting the forum then and let those who wish to read it do so without having to navigate silly comments interspersed between posts.

I didn't disregard the postmortem results, I choose not to read biased racist opinion about them.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 10:05:23 AM by John »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #96 on: April 07, 2021, 10:24:03 AM »
Well stop disrupting the forum then and let those who wish to read it do so without having to navigate silly comments interspersed between posts.

I didn't disregard the postmortem results, I choose not to read biased racist opinion about them.
How rude.  There is nothing silly about pointing out to that the post mortem results clearly stated George Floyd's death was homicide and not as a result of self-inflicted drugs overdose as you and your far right blog would prefer to have us believe.  The fact that you consider my remarks "silly" and "negative" speak volumes.  i suggest if you don't want any comments on this thread that you lock it to all but yourself and Angelo.

Offline John

« Reply #97 on: April 07, 2021, 03:53:51 PM »
How rude.  There is nothing silly about pointing out to that the post mortem results clearly stated George Floyd's death was homicide and not as a result of self-inflicted drugs overdose as you and your far right blog would prefer to have us believe.  The fact that you consider my remarks "silly" and "negative" speak volumes.  i suggest if you don't want any comments on this thread that you lock it to all but yourself and Angelo.

As you well know, this forum is based on facts and not sentiment. The post mortem reports make no reference to 'knee on neck' as that is beyond the doctor's remit. Doctors have to deal with what is in front of them and leave the semantics at the front door.

We have already heard evidence that the non prescription drugs ingested by Floyd were capable of killing him given the right circumstances. No doubt as the trial progresses the defence will provide their own medical experts who will speak to this. I for one look forward to that testimony.

Offline barrier

« Reply #98 on: April 07, 2021, 03:59:48 PM »
As you well know, this forum is based on facts and not sentiment. The post mortem reports make no reference to 'knee on neck' as that is beyond the doctor's remit. Doctors have to deal with what is in front of them and leave the semantics at the front door.

We have already heard evidence that the non prescription drugs ingested by Floyd were capable of killing him given the right circumstances. No doubt as the trial progresses the defence will provide their own medical experts who will speak to this. I for one look forward to that testimony.

Is homicide a cause of death? homicide caused by say, asphyxiation would be, but that would be up to a jury to decide if it were the case.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2021, 04:00:45 PM »
Is homicide a cause of death? homicide caused by say, asphyxiation would be, but that would be up to a jury to decide if it were the case.

Homicide just means caused by another.

Killings in self defense are still homicide.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #100 on: April 07, 2021, 04:08:14 PM »

There was no sentiment in any of my posts.  Two post mortems concluded George Floyd's death was a homicide.  That means he didn't kill himself, someone else killed him.  Having viewed the footage it's pretty clear to me (and I suspect most people without an agenda either way) who that someone else was and how the homicide was perpetrated.  So whilst I concede the post mortem does not say "knee on neck" that is the logical conclusion of both reports.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #101 on: April 07, 2021, 04:08:28 PM »
For anyone interested in where the BLM rioting first showed it's ugly head..

Read about the shootings of...

Trayvon Martin (killed in self defence by a civilian he was beating)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trayvon_Martin

Michael Brown in Ferguson Missouri. (Gunned down by an officer he'd attacked & had attempted to take his fire arm.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Michael_Brown

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/opa/press-releases/attachments/2015/03/04/doj_report_on_shooting_of_michael_brown_1.pdf

Tamir Rice,  The tragic shooting of a 12 year old boy by an officer in self defence.
(Tamir was playing with a toy fire arm, the officer did not know it was a toy)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Tamir_Rice

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-announces-closing-investigation-2014-officer-involved-shooting-cleveland

I've read the official DOJ evidence & reports on all these killings & they were all legally justified self defence,  but BLM are still demanding 'justice' for them.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 04:45:29 PM by Wonderfulspam »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline John

« Reply #102 on: April 07, 2021, 04:46:16 PM »

The cause of death is the specific injury or disease that leads to death. The manner of death is the determination of how the injury or disease leads to death. There are five manners of death (natural, accident, suicide, homicide, and undetermined).

Offline John

« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2021, 04:47:44 PM »
There was no sentiment in any of my posts.  Two post mortems concluded George Floyd's death was a homicide.  That means he didn't kill himself, someone else killed him.  Having viewed the footage it's pretty clear to me (and I suspect most people without an agenda either way) who that someone else was and how the homicide was perpetrated.  So whilst I concede the post mortem does not say "knee on neck" that is the logical conclusion of both reports.

Homicide is not a cause of death as explained in my last post.

Offline John

« Reply #104 on: April 07, 2021, 04:48:50 PM »
For anyone interested in where the BLM rioting first showed it's ugly head..

Read about the shootings of...

Trayvon Martin (killed in self defence by a civilian he was beating)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trayvon_Martin

Michael Brown in Ferguson Missouri. (Gunned down by an officer he'd attacked & had attempted to take his fire arm.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Michael_Brown

https://www.justice.gov/sites/default/files/opa/press-releases/attachments/2015/03/04/doj_report_on_shooting_of_michael_brown_1.pdf

Tamir Rice,  The tragic shooting of a 12 year old boy by an officer in self defence.
(Tamir was playing with a toy fire arm, the officer did not know it was a toy)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting_of_Tamir_Rice

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justice-department-announces-closing-investigation-2014-officer-involved-shooting-cleveland

I've read the official DOJ evidence & reports on all these killings & they were all legally justified self defence,  but BLM are still demanding 'justice' for them.

They would do. Any excuse to further their racist cause.