Author Topic: The Trial Of Derek Chauvin, Death Of George Floyd  (Read 31074 times)

Offline John

Re: The Trial Of Derek Chauvin, Death Of George Floyd
« Reply #330 on: April 20, 2021, 09:36:57 PM »
Cringeworthy listening to addict Courtney Ross (Floyd's on-off girlfriend) speaking live on CNN.

One things for sure tonight, the MPD and the National Guard are going to be busy as Antifa is calling for violence regardless of the verdict. Nothing new there then.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 10:03:47 PM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #331 on: April 20, 2021, 10:08:18 PM »
Justice is served.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #332 on: April 20, 2021, 10:09:34 PM »

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #333 on: April 20, 2021, 10:16:18 PM »

BLM's rallying cry 'no justice, no peace'

There, they've got justice now, so could they please all shut up & go home.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #334 on: April 20, 2021, 10:23:29 PM »
I don’t think this verdict fixes the issue once and for all  so don’t expect BLM to be going anywhere or shutting up anytime soon.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #335 on: April 20, 2021, 10:31:43 PM »
I know, we've still got the trial of Kim Potter to come next year & going by statistics there'll be at least another 8 unarmed black men kill by police before the year is out, so we can all look forward to that.

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #336 on: April 20, 2021, 10:35:17 PM »

This verdict doesn't bode well for the other 3 former officers due for trial next.

Offline John

« Reply #337 on: April 20, 2021, 11:21:37 PM »
I know, we've still got the trial of Kim Potter to come next year & going by statistics there'll be at least another 8 unarmed black men kill by police before the year is out, so we can all look forward to that.

She can look forward to 20 years in an orange jump suit too if tonight's verdicts are anything to go by.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #338 on: April 20, 2021, 11:24:14 PM »
She can look forward to 20 years in an orange jump suit too if tonight's verdicts are anything to go by.
She’s not as evil as Chauvin IMO so I doubt she’ll get the same length of sentence.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #339 on: April 20, 2021, 11:26:01 PM »
Maybe the police could undergo some extra training to learn how to tell their arses from their elbows before then. 

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #340 on: April 21, 2021, 05:51:48 AM »

Former Officers, J. Alexander Keung, Thomas Lane & Tau Tao will be facing trial next, accused of aiding & abetting. Trial Date August 23rd.

After Chauvin, Minnesota set to prosecute three other officers in Floyd murder

With the conviction of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin in the murder of George Floyd on Tuesday, prosecutors will begin turning their attention to making their case against three others who took part in the fatal arrest.

Tou Thao, J. Alexander Kueng and Thomas Lane, all of whom were fired and arrested days after Floyd died last May, face charges at a trial on Aug. 23 that they aided and abetted second-degree murder and second-degree manslaughter of Floyd.

Aiding and abetting murder is punishable by up to 40 years in prison, although sentencing guidelines can reduce the maximum to 15 years.

The following is a summary of Minnesota prosecutors' allegations against each of the men, all of whom are free on $750,000 bail:

ALEXANDER KUENG, 27

Kueng and Lane were the first officers to arrive outside the food store where Floyd was accused of passing a counterfeit $20 bill to buy cigarettes. Kueng had graduated from the police academy in 2019 and started as an officer in December.

During the fatal encounter, prosecutors said Kueng was between Chauvin and Lane, kneeling on Floyd’s back, with his hand on Floyd’s handcuffed left wrist.

After Floyd became unresponsive, it was Kueng who checked the right wrist for a pulse and said, "I couldn't find one," prosecutors said in their complaint. None of the officers moved from their positions, the complaint said.

THOMAS LANE, 38

Having arrived at the scene with Kueng, it was Lane who ordered Floyd out of his car and handcuffed him, prosecutors said. He had been on the police force for only a matter of days.

Chauvin, Kueng and Lane each used their weight to restrain Floyd on the ground after he balked at getting into the back of a squad car. Lane was positioned on his legs, "kneeling on them and pressing them down with his hands," according to the complaint.

At one point, Lane asked, "Should we roll him on his side?" Chauvin responded: "No, staying put where we got him." Lane then said, "I am worried about excited delirium or whatever," to which Chauvin said, "That's why we have him on his stomach."

TOU THAO, 35

Thao, who had rejoined the force in 2012 after losing his job to layoffs as a rookie in 2009, arrived on the scene with Chauvin after Floyd had already been handcuffed.

Although Thao was the only one of the four officers who was not in physical contact with Floyd, prosecutors said he had a direct look at how Chauvin and the others were restraining him.

Thao stood watch over the onlookers who were gathering at the scene, keeping himself positioned between them and the three other officers who were on Floyd's prone body.

When a bystander stepped off the curb, “imploring Chauvin to get off of Mr. Floyd, (Thao) put his hands on the citizen to keep him back,” the complaint said.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/after-chauvin-minnesota-set-prosecute-three-other-officers-floyd-death-2021-04-20/

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #341 on: April 21, 2021, 06:14:21 AM »

Black girl shot dead by police minutes before Derek Chauvin verdicts are read

Footage reportedly shows an officer shooting the teenager as she attempts to stab two people with a knife.

Police have shot and killed a young black girl just before Derek Chauvin was convicted of murdering George Floyd.

The shooting on Tuesday afternoon in Columbus, Ohio, came after police responded to reports of an attempted stabbing.

The caller had said females were trying to stab them and put their hands on them, according to Columbus interim police chief Michael Woods.

No further details were gathered from the caller who hung up the phone, according to The Columbus Dispatch.

It is unclear what then led to police shooting the girl but she was taken to hospital, where she was pronounced dead.

Nobody else was injured.

Woods said: "This is a tragic incident for all involved, but especially for the family of the female.

"As I said earlier, the Bureau of Criminal Investigation is conducting the criminal investigation into this incident.

"At the conclusion of that investigation, the divisional police will conduct an administrative review of the actions of this officer and all officers at the scene."

Franklin County Children's Services confirmed the teenager as Ma'Khia Bryant and that she was in foster care, according to The Dispatch.

Some reports said she was 15 and others said 16.

Columbus mayor Andrew Ginther said that police had body-worn cameras at the scene, adding: "We know, based on this footage, the officer took action to protect another young girl in our community.

"But a family is grieving tonight and this young 15-year-old girl will never be coming home."

According to The Associated Press, the footage showed the officer shooting Ma'Khia as she appeared to attempt to stab two people with a knife.

A black-handled blade resembling a kitchen knife or steak knife appeared to be lying on the sidewalk next to her immediately after she was shot and fell, the report said.

The death came about 25 minutes before a judge in Minneapolis read out guilty verdicts for former police officer Derek Chauvin on three charges.

These related to the death of George Floyd, a black man who died during an arrest in May last year, after Chauvin knelt on his neck for almost nine minutes.

Kimberly Shepherd, 50, has lived in the Columbus neighbourhood for 17 years, and said she knew the victim.

She and her neighbour Jayme Jones, 51, had celebrated the guilty verdict of Chauvin but things changed quickly.

"We were happy about the verdict, but you couldn't even enjoy that," Ms Shepherd said.

"Because as you're getting one phone call that he was guilty, I'm getting the next phone call that this is happening in my neighbourhood."

https://news.sky.com/story/black-girl-shot-dead-by-police-minutes-before-derek-chauvin-verdicts-are-read-12282201

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #342 on: April 21, 2021, 06:29:49 AM »

Police Bodycam showing Fatal Shooting of Ma'Khia Bryant.

https://youtu.be/Fpnibt9RQ2U?t=397

https://heavy.com/news/makhia-bryant-shooting/

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #343 on: April 21, 2021, 06:36:30 AM »

At first look this appears to be a legally justifiable shooting.

The girl, who never did nuffin' wrong, was armed with a knife & posed an imminent threat of great bodily harm or death to another person.

In that situation an officer is authorised to use lethal force.

Or maybe the cop should have just waited & let her stab someone, just to make sure, before opening fire.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 06:44:47 AM by Wonderfulspam »

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #344 on: April 21, 2021, 06:50:09 AM »

Paula Bryant tells me her 16 year-old daughter Ma’Khia Bryant was an honor roll student and a sweet child.

“Ma’Khia had a motherly nature about her. She promoted peace,” said the 16 year-old girl’s mother, Paula.

The girl’s aunt, Hazel Bryant, told The Dispatch that Bryant lived in a foster home and “got into an altercation with someone else at the home.” She said Ma’Khia had a knife but alleged she dropped it before being shot multiple times by a Columbus police officer.

“She was a good kid. She was loving. Yeah she had issues, but that’s okay. All of us go through s***. She was 15 motherf****** years old. She didn’t deserve to die like a dog in the street.”

https://heavy.com/news/makhia-bryant-shooting/