Author Topic: The Trial Of Derek Chauvin, Death Of George Floyd  (Read 30989 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: The Trial Of Derek Chauvin, Death Of George Floyd
« Reply #375 on: April 21, 2021, 10:14:22 AM »

Given the high rate of controversial police killings, their inevitability & the amount of discussions they produce here........

May I suggest a senior moderator open a new page, board, discussion topics header thingamy jig, within which the individual cases can be added as individual topics?
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #376 on: April 21, 2021, 10:17:32 AM »
Given the high rate of controversial police killings, their inevitability & the amount of discussions they produce here........

May I suggest a senior moderator open a new page, board, discussion topics header thingamy jig, within which the individual cases can be added as individual topics?

You do it and then someone will decide if it makes sense.  This could depend on how good you are with words.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #377 on: April 21, 2021, 10:19:51 AM »
I'm a member of many right wing groups on facebook etc, I rarely comment but the general consensus I read there since the verdict is that Fentanyl Floyd was a dangerous criminal who died of a drug overdose & Chauvin was just doing his job.
We have to make allowances for these people's lack of intellect, they're American.
This is probably a very racist thing to say but I do find that the majority of Americans are pig ignorant on the whole, and have found that their cops in particular are charmless rather terrifying Neanderthals in my very limited interaction with them (and I'm a white posh female). 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #378 on: April 21, 2021, 10:20:17 AM »
Resisting arrest is an offence you can be arrested for.

If only Floyd had just got in the sodding car. 

There were around 19 people killed during the 'mostly peaceful protests' following Floyd's death, including a retired black police chief, David Dorn, shot dead by looters, roughly $2 billion in property damage.

The whole situation is a stain on history & could have been completely avoided if Floyd hadn't done drugs & Chauvin didn't murder him.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #379 on: April 21, 2021, 10:21:49 AM »
You do it and then someone will decide if it makes sense.  This could depend on how good you are with words.

I can't create individual boards, like the Maddie Board for example, this has to be done by Admin or Mod.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #380 on: April 21, 2021, 10:23:25 AM »

To be honest I'm not massively interested in any of the other cases.  This one has used up all my interest and I'd rather go back to supporting child neglectors. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #381 on: April 21, 2021, 10:25:33 AM »
To be honest I'm not massively interested in any of the other cases.  This one has used up all my interest and I'd rather go back to supporting child neglectors.

Well, BLM aren't going anywhere soon & theirs no shortage of police killings ever so there will always something waiting for you when you've had your fill of missing kids.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #382 on: April 21, 2021, 10:27:24 AM »
I can't create individual boards, like the Maddie Board for example, this has to be done by Admin or Mod.

You can attempt to add a Thread to this one.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #383 on: April 21, 2021, 10:28:29 AM »
Well, BLM aren't going anywhere soon & theirs no shortage of police killings ever so there will always something waiting for you when you've had your fill of missing kids.
America is a cesspit.  I have no interest in ever going there again. I don't really care that much if the place burns to the ground.  Apart from New York.  That can stay. 

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #384 on: April 21, 2021, 10:34:07 AM »
America is a cesspit.  I have no interest in ever going there again. I don't really care that much if the place burns to the ground.  Apart from New York.  That can stay.

America used to be wonderful.  I wouldn't have minded it 100 years ago.  But I wouldn't be seen dead there now.  Which I could well be.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #385 on: April 21, 2021, 10:34:17 AM »

BLM..... 'All Cops Are b........s'

The several hundred New York cops who ran to their deaths trying to save people from the burning Twin Towers.

There are still New York cops dying to this very day from the cancer they earned for their heroics.

14 died last year & 1 this year already.

But the only good cop is a dead cop, apparently.

Offline Carana

« Reply #386 on: April 21, 2021, 10:49:19 AM »
It might be a more achievable goal than actually reducing police killings, so I don't think the idea should be entirely ruled out.

Are you volunteering to help redress the statistics?

More seriously, I feel sorry for the vast majority of decent police officers (in most civilized countries) who put their lives on the line to keep the rest of us safe and have to sometimes make split-second decisions, which may - or may not - later be deemed appropriate.

That said, in this case, I can't find anything to warrant what happened to Floyd. It's not as if he'd, e.g., been spraying machine-gun fire into a crowd, or appeared to have had a pack of explosives tied to his chest.

He just went in to buy a pack of cigs and paid with what the poor cashier kid thought could have been fake, who then alerted the police, otherwise the amount would have been docked from his pay.

I hope this young cashier is getting some kind of counseling help.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #387 on: April 21, 2021, 10:57:53 AM »
BLM..... 'All Cops Are b........s'

The several hundred New York cops who ran to their deaths trying to save people from the burning Twin Towers.

There are still New York cops dying to this very day from the cancer they earned for their heroics.

14 died last year & 1 this year already.

But the only good cop is a dead cop, apparently.
Apparently according to whom?  Not me.  I support policing as an institution, I just don't think police should be allowed to be judge, jury and executioner as well.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #388 on: April 21, 2021, 11:04:08 AM »
Apparently according to whom?  Not me.  I support policing as an institution, I just don't think police should be allowed to be judge, jury and executioner as well.

Only Good Cops are Dead Cops is another sign I see regularly displayed at BLM marches.

I don't condone the police killing anyone unless it's in self defense, defense of another.

Offline Carana

« Reply #389 on: April 21, 2021, 11:04:40 AM »
This is probably a very racist thing to say but I do find that the majority of Americans are pig ignorant on the whole, and have found that their cops in particular are charmless rather terrifying Neanderthals in my very limited interaction with them (and I'm a white posh female).

"Racist"? Are Americans of a different "race"?