Author Topic: HM Queen Elizabeth II passes away at the age of 96.  (Read 5588 times)

Offline sadie

HM Queen Elizabeth II passes away at the age of 96.
« on: September 08, 2022, 06:50:07 PM »
Rest in Peace

Queen Elizabeth II has died

Offline Wonderfulspam

Re: HM Queen Elizabeth II passes away at the age of 96.
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 11:10:56 AM »
It's an opinion which is held by many and which will affect how people see Charles III and his wife.

Henry VIII beheaded his wives when their marriage went sour, so Diana got away lightly really.

It was 25 years ago anyway, Camilla has been accepted by the family, the boys have got over it all, I was reading earlier how Harry said of Camilla 'she's not a wicked stepmother'.

I still don't even get what was so great about Diana in the first place?
The mass hysteria when she died was quite bizarre.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Lace

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2022, 11:14:13 AM »
Rest in Peace

Queen Elizabeth 2nd has died

RIP

Online Eleanor

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2022, 11:20:27 AM »
King Charles the Third will be absolutely fine.  A continuation of a long loved Monarchy, The Queen of which was the best.  Charles is her son and that of Phillip, both of whom are something to be thankful for.

What the rest of you think is of no importance to me, or to anyone much else.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2022, 11:29:38 AM »

Today is the first day of a ten-day period of official mourning for the Queen. At lunchtime MPs will begin tributes to the late monarch which will continue until 10PM, before resuming again all day on Saturday.

There will be no significant government announcements at any point and Parliament is unlikely to resume, for any significant period, until next month. Campaigning by all the major parties has been stopped. Meanwhile civil servants will be advised to wear black and an official ‘guide to national mourning’ will be issued by the government.

As inflation soars and thousands of small businesses risk going bust, democracy in the UK will effectively come grinding to a halt.

After a long summer in which the work of government all but ended, in order to allow the Conservative Party to talk to itself for seven weeks, we have now been thrown back into yet another period of stasis.

While the work of government will continue, our new Prime Minister, who is about to implement a series of policies with massive implications for the UK economy, will face little scrutiny.

Whatever your views of the Queen and the monarchy, this is hard to justify.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2022, 11:34:16 AM »
Henry VIII beheaded his wives when their marriage went sour, so Diana got away lightly really.

It was 25 years ago anyway, Camilla has been accepted by the family, the boys have got over it all, I was reading earlier how Harry said of Camilla 'she's not a wicked stepmother'.

I still don't even get what was so great about Diana in the first place?
The mass hysteria when she died was quite bizarre.

I think it's about what people think it tells them about the character of the King.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2022, 11:42:06 AM »
I think it's about what people think it tells them about the character of the King.

Good luck with that one.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2022, 11:56:00 AM »
I think you should make your feelings known privately, although why anyone would care escapes me.
I think whoever tweets such ill-considered tweets should make their feelings known privately.  Ever heard of the saying "if you can't say something nice, say nothing at all?"  Yesterday certainly was not the day for such sentiment, nor today or the rest of this period of mourning IMO. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2022, 11:59:30 AM »
Today is the first day of a ten-day period of official mourning for the Queen. At lunchtime MPs will begin tributes to the late monarch which will continue until 10PM, before resuming again all day on Saturday.

There will be no significant government announcements at any point and Parliament is unlikely to resume, for any significant period, until next month. Campaigning by all the major parties has been stopped. Meanwhile civil servants will be advised to wear black and an official ‘guide to national mourning’ will be issued by the government.

As inflation soars and thousands of small businesses risk going bust, democracy in the UK will effectively come grinding to a halt.

After a long summer in which the work of government all but ended, in order to allow the Conservative Party to talk to itself for seven weeks, we have now been thrown back into yet another period of stasis.

While the work of government will continue, our new Prime Minister, who is about to implement a series of policies with massive implications for the UK economy, will face little scrutiny.

What would you suggest happen instead?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2022, 12:11:06 PM »

The UK is a constitutional monarchy and the Queen was it's head of state for over 70 years. The reaction to her death and the ascension of the next monarch to the throne has been planned for years, and I don't think anything would have changed those plans.

Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2022, 12:45:19 PM »
Faithlilly almost makes it sound like the Conservatives engineered this situation to their advantage.  Making political capital out of this monumental and sad event for our country is just as disgraceful as tweeting horrible things about the Queen and her family at this time IMO

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2022, 01:28:17 PM »
I have respect for the Queen but personally would like to see it end there now. Megan must be delighted her children will now prince and princess...great for marketing.

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2022, 02:14:24 PM »

Of course it tells them nothing. You can’t help who you love.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?