Author Topic: Nicola Sturgeon resignation  (Read 954 times)

Offline G-Unit

Nicola Sturgeon resignation
« on: February 15, 2023, 01:13:04 PM »
I wonder what brought that on?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Angelo222

Re: Nicola Sturgeon resignation
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 01:55:18 PM »

She has outstayed her welcome in government. Yet another SNP failure just like Salmond was.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Erngath

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2023, 02:35:20 PM »
She has outstayed her welcome in government. Yet another SNP failure just like Salmond was.

@)(++(*
Deal with the failings of others as gently as with your own.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2023, 05:26:30 PM »
I think it might have something to do in part with the difficult position she made for herself by nailing her colours firmly to the Transwomen Are Women mast, despite the fact that the majority in Scotland don’t agree with her.

From a comment on another site

“If you accept that “Transwomen are women” and legislate to that effect, you must also accept that they may attend all female spaces, including female prisons, hospital wards, single sex girls schools and so on. They must also be allowed to play female sports, including rugby and boxing. This would almost certainly be reinforced by the courts if legally transwomen are indeed women.
So we need to remember that when hearing Sturgeon’s (and indeed Starmer’s) answer to that question”.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2023, 08:15:15 PM »
I think it might have something to do in part with the difficult position she made for herself by nailing her colours firmly to the Transwomen Are Women mast, despite the fact that the majority in Scotland don’t agree with her.

From a comment on another site

“If you accept that “Transwomen are women” and legislate to that effect, you must also accept that they may attend all female spaces, including female prisons, hospital wards, single sex girls schools and so on. They must also be allowed to play female sports, including rugby and boxing. This would almost certainly be reinforced by the courts if legally transwomen are indeed women.
So we need to remember that when hearing Sturgeon’s (and indeed Starmer’s) answer to that question”.

Most of the folk I know are not  concerned about the Gender Recognition Policy as the mess Westminster have made of the Economy.

They are too worried about the huge rise in food, fuel and everyday living expenses.

She is still very popular and well regarded for the way she led us through the pandemic.

The Gender Recognition Act was voted in by 88 for and 39 against.
The "for" votes included the votes of both the Scottish Labour leader and the Scottish Liberal Democrat Leader.

It brings us in alignment with Norway, Denmark, Ireland, Iceland, Malta, Luxembourg and some others who have managed to overcome all the horror stories predicted by some.
Already schools here and presumably elsewhere are dealing with transgender pupils.

I don't think for one minute this is any part of the reason for her resignation.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 08:21:05 PM by Erngath »

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2023, 08:57:52 PM »

Most of the folk I know are not  concerned about the Gender Recognition Policy as the mess Westminster have made of the Economy.

They are too worried about the huge rise in food, fuel and everyday living expenses.

She is still very popular and well regarded for the way she led us through the pandemic.

The Gender Recognition Act was voted in by 88 for and 39 against.
The "for" votes included the votes of both the Scottish Labour leader and the Scottish Liberal Democrat Leader.

It brings us in alignment with Norway, Denmark, Ireland, Iceland, Malta, Luxembourg and some others who have managed to overcome all the horror stories predicted by some.
Already schools here and presumably elsewhere are dealing with transgender pupils.

I don't think for one minute this is any part of the reason for her resignation.
and yet the majority of Scots were against it https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/23256763.gender-recognition-reform-polls-people-say/
It’s an issue that would put me off voting for the SNP (if that were ever an option) just as it puts me off voting for Labour here (which basically leaves me disenfranchised).  Maybe you’re right and it had nothing to do with Sturgeon’s decision to step down, but the going has been especially  tough for her recently and frankly I don’t blame her for stepping down.  I couldn’t cope with such a prolonged period of criticism and hatred that polarizing politicians like her have to deal with.   
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Erngath

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2023, 09:15:13 PM »
and yet the majority of Scots were against it https://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/23256763.gender-recognition-reform-polls-people-say/
It’s an issue that would put me off voting for the SNP (if that were ever an option) just as it puts me off voting for Labour here (which basically leaves me disenfranchised).  Maybe you’re right and it had nothing to do with Sturgeon’s decision to step down, but the going has been especially  tough for her recently and frankly I don’t blame her for stepping down.  I couldn’t cope with such a prolonged period of criticism and hatred that polarizing politicians like her have to deal with.

She is a very shrewd politician.
She knows exactly what she is doing.

The independence movement is not dependent on any one leader/person.

Your feeling of being disenfranchised is exactly why I will always vote SNP and if "allowed" to by Westminster will vote for independence

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2023, 01:36:23 PM »

Your feeling of being disenfranchised is exactly why I will always vote SNP and if "allowed" to by Westminster will vote for independence

It seems Nicola Sturgeon saw the writing on the wall and realised that she had little choice but to resign.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2023, 01:47:01 PM »
Now you know!

Offline barrier

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2023, 01:52:36 PM »

Nicola Sturgeon's husband Peter Murrell arrested in SNP finance probe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65187823
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2023, 11:19:02 PM »

"She is a very shrewd politician.
She knows exactly what she is doing."
well apart from the memory lapses she suffers from...
 (&^&

One week  atnews conferenmce we get the picture -she is NOT leaving- no way. will see Independence THEN erm  I am leaving as I erm well  um  ...

Anyone want to buy a van, uninsured of course. Can be used for Party political BS.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin