Author Topic: Map showing distribution of Portugal's missing children.  (Read 40913 times)

Offline Luz

Re: Map showing distribution of Portugal's missing children.
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 10:56:27 PM »
I am not sure what to refer to the case of Carolina as?  Technically she was abducted but only for a matter of minutes.   I suppose it is a failed abduction?

It is rather disturbing if this report is real but is being discredited.  This incident occurred on Christmas day 2006 which was over 4 months prior to Madeleine's disappearance on 3rd May 2007.  I even read a claim that it happened after Madeleine's abduction which is really crazy?

If we can get some sort of further clarification on this incident it would be helpful so that we can give the story the prominence it deserves.  One has to always remember that this could well have been another disappeared child but for the quick actions of her parents.  It only takes a minute!!

The child was playing outside of the cafe on the day that is reported in the articles in Portugal, the man was inside and was well known by the parents of the child and  every person in the cafe. The man was a sort of homeless that used to sell maroccan objects on the streets.
The man never even spoke to the child, she kept playing on the street. And it was only after Madeleine McCann was reported missing, many months later, that the parents decided to go to the police (GNR) and accuse the poor homeless to have taken their daughter. This was immediately dismissed by the police when they checked with the people that were at the cafe - the man never approached the child.

Note: on the Christmas day of 2006 the Café was closed.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 11:10:06 PM by Luz »

Offline Luz

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 11:00:45 PM »
That map is very interesting; note how most of the sights are close to the sea?  Perhaps one should be looking for boats - who is going to notice an extra boat in an area full of them, and on a coastline once as notorious for smugglers etc as the coat of the UK?  Plenty of small coves to lie up in and wait for the right time to move.  No worries about getting contraband of any nature through customs.  And the African coast is not that far away.  Just my opinion and personal thoughts, not a theory.  Puffin

It's close to the sea because the interior of the country is almost deserted. The only small, medium and "big" towns are by the seaside.

Redblossom

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 11:09:09 PM »
I am not sure what to refer to the case of Carolina as?  Technically she was abducted but only for a matter of minutes.   I suppose it is a failed abduction?

It is rather disturbing if this report is real but is being discredited.  This incident occurred on Christmas day 2006 which was over 4 months prior to Madeleine's disappearance on 3rd May 2007.  I even read a claim that it happened after Madeleine's abduction which is really crazy?

If we can get some sort of further clarification on this incident it would be helpful so that we can give the story the prominence it deserves.  One has to always remember that this could well have been another disappeared child but for the quick actions of her parents.  It only takes a minute!!

The child was playing outside of the cafe on the day that is reported in the articles in Portugal, the man was inside and was well known by the parents of the child and  every person in the cafe. The man was a sort of homeless that used to sell maroccan objects on the streets.
The man never even spoke to the child, she kept playing on the street. And it was only after Madeleine McCann was reported missing, many months later, that the parents decided to go to the police (GNR) and accuse the poor homeless to have taken their daughter. This was immediately dismissed by the police when they checked with the people that were at the cafe - the man never approached the child.

Interesting, manufactured stories, hello m3, come to mind, how sad, seems to have been an initiative that dozens of toddlers were taken by strangers, it is in fact not the case
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 11:11:48 PM by Redblossom »

Offline sadie

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 11:20:03 PM »
> Sara Sofia Lopes dos Santos disappeared on 01.01.2009.

No details as to what happened. Odd.

ETA Seems to be a parental abduction.
Was this the little girl that was part of a row between mother and father?  The mother drowned (?was drowned?) and the little girl was found dead on a cliff several miles west of PdL, between Salema and Sagres, I think

That was a very sad affair

AnneGuedes

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 11:30:47 PM »
> Sara Sofia Lopes dos Santos disappeared on 01.01.2009.

No details as to what happened. Odd.

ETA Seems to be a parental abduction.
Was this the little girl that was part of a row between mother and father?  The mother drowned (?was drowned?) and the little girl was found dead on a cliff several miles west of PdL, between Salema and Sagres, I think

That was a very sad affair
This little Sara was in custody of her father, so decided the family court. She didn't come back from her first visit to her mother. Three international arrest orders for abduction have been launched against the mother.

Offline sadie

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 11:33:02 PM »
Oh thank you, Anne

Very kind of you.  I am obviously thinking of another case.