Author Topic: Former PJ inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao arrested for armed robbery.  (Read 64053 times)

Offline misty

Re: Former PJ inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao arrested for armed robbery.
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2016, 10:48:10 PM »
Of that there is no doubt. Let's start a thread on every Portuguese rogue then, probably kicking off with Vasco da Gama as he was the architect of the Portuguese Colonial Empire and all Empires need rogues. Clive of India for example ran a protection racket in Shropshire/Staffordshire......... &%+((£

Did any of them pen a work of fiction involving a little girl called Madeleine?
You seem rather familiar with the life of Vasco.....

Offline Alice Purjorick

« Reply #76 on: December 22, 2016, 11:14:56 PM »
Did any of them pen a work of fiction involving a little girl called Madeleine?
You seem rather familiar with the life of Vasco.....

1.Working on the usual logical fallacy that goes around here then any one who pens a book about a girl called Madeleine is a rogue?
2 I am........and the Cabot's, Ferdinand Magellan, Cristovao Colombo, Sir Walter Raleigh, Hernando Cortez, William Dampier and of course me being of Scandawegian descent Leif Eriksson. I expect if I mention Ivar, Halfdan, Ubba and Guthrum it will be considered goading of the Saxons. Mind you we sure fixed St Cuthbert's* bones.

* note to mods there is a link. St Cuthbert=> Lindisfarne=> The Lady Eleanor=> Mod on here ......QED
Night all.
"Navigating the difference between weird but normal grief and truly suspicious behaviour is the key for any detective worth his salt.". ….Sarah Bailey

Alfie

« Reply #77 on: December 22, 2016, 11:28:23 PM »
For Anybody not quite sure what the link is between Cristovao and the Madeleine case, let the Portugal News explain

Ex-PJ detective and Madeleine book author arrested on a series of charges
IN NEWS · 05-03-2015 14:50:00 · 4 COMMENTS
Former Polícia Judiciária (PJ) detective and ex-Sporting Vice President Paulo Pereira Cristovão was this week arrested on a number of criminal charges, which include kidnapping and robbery. He gained widespread prominence after authoring a book, Estrela da Madeleine (Madeleine’s Star) in which he analyses the disappearance of Madeleine McCann from her holiday apartment almost eight years ago.

He was also involved in the Joana Cipriano case, and is, or was I believe best mates with Goncalo Amaral, and I think appeared with him on telly at least once discussing the McCann case.

So there have it - no connection WHATSOEVER to Madeleine .... *&*%£

Alfie

« Reply #78 on: December 22, 2016, 11:37:26 PM »
Do you reckon if Summers and Swann turned out to be a pair of criminal masterminds who got banged up for their crimes that such an eventuality would go unremarked by those now squealing about the irrelevance of Cristovao's misdemeanours?  &%+((£

Offline faithlilly

« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2016, 12:20:38 AM »
Do you reckon if Summers and Swann turned out to be a pair of criminal masterminds who got banged up for their crimes that such an eventuality would go unremarked by those now squealing about the irrelevance of Cristovao's misdemeanours?  &%+((£

Possibly but it wouldn't make their crimes any more relevant to the case than Cristovao's.
Brietta posted on 10/04/2022 “But whether or not that is the reason behind the delay I am certain that Brueckner's trial is going to take place.”

Let’s count the months, shall we?

Offline sadie

« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2016, 12:23:53 AM »
Indeed it would.

It seems that some posters on here are implying his involvement in Madeline's disappearance.

Now that borders on libel.
Your post is the first to imply that  [ IIRC ]
Surely you wouldn't libel Cristavao?

Offline ShiningInLuz

« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2016, 03:12:39 AM »
Not the point I have been objecting to.  It would appear that someone getting charged with a crime in the capital of this country is sufficient to imply that the Algarve is wilder than the wild west.

I have had more than enough of such rubbish.

I either live in a crime-ridden hell hole ...

or I don't.
What's up, old man?

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #82 on: December 23, 2016, 04:28:41 AM »
Not the point I have been objecting to.  It would appear that someone getting charged with a crime in the capital of this country is sufficient to imply that the Algarve is wilder than the wild west.

or I don't.
No one has mentioned the Wild West but it's surprising how many of the PJ with links to the Maddie case have criminal convictions
You can't just shrug that off as irrelevant and maintain any credibility

Alfie

« Reply #83 on: December 23, 2016, 08:18:08 AM »

or I don't.
you are way too sensitive and defensive when it comes to Portugal or anything or anyone Portuguese, in my most humble opinion.

Alfie

« Reply #84 on: December 23, 2016, 08:19:15 AM »
Possibly but it wouldn't make their crimes any more relevant to the case than Cristovao's.
you'd revel in it though wouldn't you?

stephen25000

« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2016, 08:20:51 AM »
Your post is the first to imply that  [ IIRC ]
Surely you wouldn't libel Cristavao?

Hardly Sadie.

The intention of this thread is abundantly clear.

Besides, other posts have been deleted. &%+((£

Offline Lace

« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2016, 08:32:37 AM »
Why are posters getting all protective of a creep like Cristovao,   it makes my skin crawl that he wrote a book about Madeleine.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2016, 09:01:18 AM »
Members are reminded that the thread concerns Paulo Pereira Cristóvão and the criminal charges he is facing in Court ... all off topic posts will be deleted.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Lace

« Reply #88 on: December 23, 2016, 09:03:39 AM »

Cristovao strangely was a former President of the Portuguese Association for Missing Children 'shudder'.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 09:08:27 AM by Brietta »

Offline Brietta

« Reply #89 on: December 23, 2016, 09:07:31 AM »
Why are posters getting all protective of a creep like Cristovao,   it makes my skin crawl that he wrote a book about Madeleine.

It seems to be overlooked that it is the Portuguese authorities who are the most concerned about the activities of this criminal gang of eighteen.
They were considered dangerous enough for the anti terror squad to be called in to perform the arrests
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....