Author Topic: Former PJ inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao arrested for armed robbery.  (Read 64053 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Former PJ inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao arrested for armed robbery.
« Reply #105 on: December 23, 2016, 08:29:28 PM »
I trust you can provide the proof that he made up the 6 body story.

It's in his book.  Kate never said any such thing.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #106 on: December 23, 2016, 08:35:10 PM »
In his role as an author and his role as a newspaper correspondent, Paulo Pereira Cristóvão ~ perhaps better known as ' A Source Close to the PJ' ~  carried out a pivotal role in the demonization of Madeleine's parents.

Therefore to suggest that he is unconnected to Madeleine's case is disingenuous ... he put himself right at the centre of events and propagated much of the associated propaganda.  Of which "Six dead bodies" is merely one.

Snip
As for Cristovao, he left the PJ after the Joana case to become a writer. Last year, as a columnist for Diario de Noticias, he became a prolific commentator on the Madeleine inquiry, writing a series of articles apparently derived in part from conversations with his former colleagues.

Last month, with the publication of his book The Star Of Madeleine, currently the Algarve's No3 bestseller, he has mounted a robust defence of the PJ in general and Amaral in particular.

"In the PJ's opinion, everything written about Amaral in the British Press had one purpose - to get him taken off the case," Cristovao's book says.
"He was a piece of meat on the barbecue of the British media, which accused him of drinking too much, dressing badly, having a prominent belly and spending too much time at lunch.
"He was too much the normal Portuguese policeman ... when what the British wanted was the British way of doing things."

The book, much of it composed of a fictional dialogue between two fictional PJ officers, Francisco and Joao, recycles some of the cruellest smears against the McCanns, such as the claim that Gerry did not get sufficiently involved in the children's routines. Such information, it claims, gave the police "an idea how the family functioned".

It also contains details that can have come only from inside the investigation: as a view of PJ thinking, it may well be as authentic an account as has yet been given.

If so, its conclusions are shocking, among them the view that Madeleine is dead and that if her parents did not kill her physically, they did so by their public campaign to find her.

"The publicity given to her face was her death warrant - that's if she really left that apartment still alive," he writes.

Cristovao refused to meet me, saying that too many British journalists were "racist".

But I managed to ask him whether he was not worried that the McCanns might sue him for libel, pointing out that they had been awarded £550,000 against four newspapers last month. "I'm expecting that," he replied. "I've no fear. It will be a big joy."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-560696/Madeleine-The-damning-case-police-Britains-investigative-reporter.html#ixzz4Th2w9xud
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #107 on: December 23, 2016, 08:36:04 PM »

I haven't read his book.

However, unless it says the story came from him and he made it up, how do you know the claim did not come from the Mccann camp ?

stephen25000

« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2016, 08:37:58 PM »
In his role as an author and his role as a newspaper correspondent, Paulo Pereira Cristóvão ~ perhaps better known as ' A Source Close to the PJ' ~  carried out a pivotal role in the demonization of Madeleine's parents.

Therefore to suggest that he is unconnected to Madeleine's case is disingenuous ... he put himself right at the centre of events and propagated much of the associated propaganda.  Of which "Six dead bodies" is merely one.

Snip
As for Cristovao, he left the PJ after the Joana case to become a writer. Last year, as a columnist for Diario de Noticias, he became a prolific commentator on the Madeleine inquiry, writing a series of articles apparently derived in part from conversations with his former colleagues.

Last month, with the publication of his book The Star Of Madeleine, currently the Algarve's No3 bestseller, he has mounted a robust defence of the PJ in general and Amaral in particular.

"In the PJ's opinion, everything written about Amaral in the British Press had one purpose - to get him taken off the case," Cristovao's book says.
"He was a piece of meat on the barbecue of the British media, which accused him of drinking too much, dressing badly, having a prominent belly and spending too much time at lunch.
"He was too much the normal Portuguese policeman ... when what the British wanted was the British way of doing things."

The book, much of it composed of a fictional dialogue between two fictional PJ officers, Francisco and Joao, recycles some of the cruellest smears against the McCanns, such as the claim that Gerry did not get sufficiently involved in the children's routines. Such information, it claims, gave the police "an idea how the family functioned".

It also contains details that can have come only from inside the investigation: as a view of PJ thinking, it may well be as authentic an account as has yet been given.

If so, its conclusions are shocking, among them the view that Madeleine is dead and that if her parents did not kill her physically, they did so by their public campaign to find her.

"The publicity given to her face was her death warrant - that's if she really left that apartment still alive," he writes.

Cristovao refused to meet me, saying that too many British journalists were "racist".

But I managed to ask him whether he was not worried that the McCanns might sue him for libel, pointing out that they had been awarded £550,000 against four newspapers last month. "I'm expecting that," he replied. "I've no fear. It will be a big joy."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-560696/Madeleine-The-damning-case-police-Britains-investigative-reporter.html#ixzz4Th2w9xud

The parents demonized themselves.

As for the Mail, it's record in actually giving facts in this case........................

By the way, since when is Rose Britain's top investigative reporter ?

Top in what exactly ?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 08:41:46 PM by stephen25000 »

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #109 on: December 23, 2016, 08:48:54 PM »
I haven't read his book.

However, unless it says the story came from him and he made it up, how do you know the claim did not come from the Mccann camp ?

How do you know it did?  Have you got a cite?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2016, 08:52:08 PM »

Quote from: Wonderfulspam on July 25, 2014, 10:45:58 PM
'I believe the earliest referral to contact with six dead bodies was made according to the Maddie Case Files in Jornal de Noticias 8.9.07 post23067 from where it was picked up ... '

By ALEX PEAKE and VERONICA LORRAINE
Published: Today, 05 September 2008

From Estrela de Madeleine:

On the tv monitor, Eddie can be seen sniffing over Kate's clothing and marking that it had been in contact with a cadaver. The reactions of the dogs in the vehicle that had been used by Madeleine's parents can also be seen.                                                                                                                                                                   -

At the medical center where I work, in England, before we came on holidays, people died whom I had been in contact with... you must be forgetting that I am a doctor...

- Yes you are - João Tavares replies - and the death rate at the medical center where you work twice a week is extremely high...

- It's true - the arguida replies.

A Estrela de Madeleine … de Paulo Pereira Cristóvão … Edição/reimpressão: 2008   

Launched in Portugal March 19th 2008 …Páginas: 160 …

Editor: Editorial Presença … ISBN: 9789722338905 … Coleção: Grandes Narrativas

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=4932.msg175250#msg175250
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

stephen25000

« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2016, 08:54:11 PM »
How do you know it did?  Have you got a cite?

I am asking for you to provide the undeniable truth it came from him and no one else.

stephen25000

« Reply #112 on: December 23, 2016, 08:55:15 PM »
Quote from: Wonderfulspam on July 25, 2014, 10:45:58 PM
'I believe the earliest referral to contact with six dead bodies was made according to the Maddie Case Files in Jornal de Noticias 8.9.07 post23067 from where it was picked up ... '

By ALEX PEAKE and VERONICA LORRAINE
Published: Today, 05 September 2008

From Estrela de Madeleine:

On the tv monitor, Eddie can be seen sniffing over Kate's clothing and marking that it had been in contact with a cadaver. The reactions of the dogs in the vehicle that had been used by Madeleine's parents can also be seen.                                                                                                                                                                   -

At the medical center where I work, in England, before we came on holidays, people died whom I had been in contact with... you must be forgetting that I am a doctor...

- Yes you are - João Tavares replies - and the death rate at the medical center where you work twice a week is extremely high...

- It's true - the arguida replies.

A Estrela de Madeleine … de Paulo Pereira Cristóvão … Edição/reimpressão: 2008   

Launched in Portugal March 19th 2008 …Páginas: 160 …

Editor: Editorial Presença … ISBN: 9789722338905 … Coleção: Grandes Narrativas

http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=4932.msg175250#msg175250

What does this prove exactly ?

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #113 on: December 23, 2016, 09:03:12 PM »
I am asking for you to provide the undeniable truth it came from him and no one else.

Are you saying someone told him?  Who on earth could have done that?  Not Tavares, surely.  Such a conversation is not in any of the files.  In fact it has never been officially discussed at all.

This supposed conversation is just in his book.

stephen25000

« Reply #114 on: December 23, 2016, 09:09:56 PM »
Are you saying someone told him?  Who on earth could have done that?  Not Tavares, surely.  Such a conversation is not in any of the files.  In fact it has never been officially discussed at all.

This supposed conversation is just in his book.

Why wide any member of the PJ make a claim that Kate McCann had examined 6 bodies ?

By the way, I have asked this question in the past.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #115 on: December 23, 2016, 09:12:37 PM »
Why wide any member of the PJ make a claim that Kate McCann had examined 6 bodies ?

He made it up, Stephen.  Any idiot can see that.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #116 on: December 23, 2016, 09:17:32 PM »
Why would any member of the PJ make a claim that Kate McCann had examined 6 bodies ?

Because it was true?  Did they do due diligence and check this with Kate's clinic.  There is no reason why that could not have happened just by chance in the 2 weeks prior to the holiday.  It may not be the usual but random outlier events do happen.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 09:21:19 PM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

stephen25000

« Reply #117 on: December 23, 2016, 09:22:14 PM »
He made it up, Stephen.  Any idiot can see that.

I can see why a 'source' from the McCann's would make it up, but not a member of the PJ.

stephen25000

« Reply #118 on: December 23, 2016, 09:25:16 PM »
Because it was true?  Did they do due diligence and check this with Kate's clinic.  There is no reason why that could not have happened just by chance in the 2 weeks prior to the holiday.  It may not be the usual but random outlier events do happen.

I do know Doctor's who have worked as locums, and what type of work they get.

I have also asked the same people how often they encounter are asked to examine bodies.

It is a rare occurrence.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #119 on: December 23, 2016, 09:28:29 PM »
I can see why a 'source' from the McCann's would make it up, but not a member of the PJ.

So a member of The PJ, Tavares, according to Cristovao, told Cristovao about a conversation that no one else has ever heard about, and isn't mentioned anywhere in The Files?