Author Topic: Former PJ inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao arrested for armed robbery.  (Read 64052 times)

Offline Robittybob1

Re: Former PJ inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao arrested for armed robbery.
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2016, 09:29:03 PM »
I can see why a 'source' from the McCann's would make it up, but not a member of the PJ.
It has a sort of derogatory aspect to it though.  Just a thought that went through my mind when I first heard about that incidence: "look in the last 2 weeks 6 of her patients died.  What sort of a doctor was she?"

I do know Doctor's who have worked as locums, and what type of work they get.

I have also asked the same people how often they encounter are asked to examine bodies.

It is a rare occurrence.
"it is a rare occurrence" - fair enough.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #121 on: December 24, 2016, 04:58:12 AM »
I can see why a 'source' from the McCann's would make it up, but not a member of the PJ.

It was made up to discredit the McCanns and you have prove it works

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #122 on: December 24, 2016, 07:35:34 AM »
It was made up to discredit the McCanns and you have prove it works

So a story saying Cadaver Scent was due to Kate being in contact with bodies prior to her holiday was circulated to discredit her? Hmmm.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #123 on: December 24, 2016, 07:39:27 AM »
So a story saying Cadaver Scent was due to Kate being in contact with bodies prior to her holiday was circulated to discredit her? Hmmm.
No this was just accounting for the cadaver odour on her clothes and on Cuddle Cat.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

Offline slartibartfast

« Reply #124 on: December 24, 2016, 07:42:45 AM »
No this was just accounting for the cadaver odour on her clothes and on Cuddle Cat.

I understand that, trying to understand davel's logic.
“Reasoning will never make a Man correct an ill Opinion, which by Reasoning he never acquired”.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #125 on: December 24, 2016, 07:57:27 AM »
I understand that, trying to understand davel's logic.

Then try and think a bit more openly
A story saying that Kate had claimed to be in contact with 6 cadavers has been met with disbelief and accusations of lying by the sceptics
That's because Kate never said it

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #126 on: December 24, 2016, 08:30:41 AM »
Then try and think a bit more openly
A story saying that Kate had claimed to be in contact with 6 cadavers has been met with disbelief and accusations of lying by the sceptics
That's because Kate never said it
Was it her mum Susan Healy who said it then?
in this quote there is a reference saying it was Kate at some point.
http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1308/27/ng.01.html
"And even when the Spanish -- Portuguese police brought in corpse sniffing dogs, they said we sniffed your car keys and we had a trace of a dead body. There you are. And as the doctor, as the wife pointed out, she said I handled six dead bodies just days ago, before I came to Portugal for my vacation. That`s what I do. I`m a doctor. And so there`s no evidence that the child died, but there`s a lot of evidence mounting that she may still be alive."
Moderation

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #127 on: December 24, 2016, 08:39:58 AM »
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3853.msg145001#msg145001
"Suppose it is true that Kate's mother was asked by the media to account for the cadaver alerts to her daughter's clothes.  Imagine yourself in Mrs Healy's shoes - you are aghast at this revelation and desperately seeking to account for it.  The fact that your daughter is a doctor who sometimes comes into contact with dead bodies might account for it you think, mightn't it?  You're no expert but you've been asked to comment by the world's media and it's the only thing you can think of to explain it (apart from the more sinister and unthinkable thought, which you instantly banish from your mind as quite impossible). 

Of course some people can't imagine being in Mrs Healy's shoes at such a distressing revelation.  They can only imagine a scenario in which Kate instructs her mother to tell lies on her behalf to get her off the hook.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:15:21 PM by Alfred R Jones »"

I could imagine the main reason Susan would know what happen at work was that Kate had told her.
Also good information here http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3853.msg145136#msg145136

Mrs McCann, an anesthetist - could see a lot of cadavers being an anesthetist.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 09:18:55 AM by Robittybob1 »
Moderation

Offline jassi

« Reply #128 on: December 24, 2016, 09:31:04 AM »
"Suppose it is true that Kate's mother was asked by the media to account for the cadaver alerts to her daughter's clothes.  Imagine yourself in Mrs Healy's shoes - you are aghast at this revelation and desperately seeking to account for it.  The fact that your daughter is a doctor who sometimes comes into contact with dead bodies might account for it you think, mightn't it?  You're no expert but you've been asked to comment by the world's media and it's the only thing you can think of to explain it (apart from the more sinister and unthinkable thought, which you instantly banish from your mind as quite impossible). 

Of course some people can't imagine being in Mrs Healy's shoes at such a distressing revelation.  They can only imagine a scenario in which Kate instructs her mother to tell lies on her behalf to get her off the hook.

I could imagine the main reason Susan would know what happen at work was that Kate had told her.
Also good information here http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=3853.msg145136#msg145136

Maybe she did, but she was being employed as a part-time GP prior to her life-changing holiday.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

stephen25000

« Reply #129 on: December 24, 2016, 09:33:17 AM »

As a Locum, I don't think so.

There is no evidence the 6 body claim were made up by the PJ, so it leaves just 1 source. 8)-)))
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 09:47:13 AM by stephen25000 »

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #130 on: December 24, 2016, 09:44:34 AM »
Maybe she did, but she was being employed as a part-time GP prior to her life-changing holiday.

It's very doubtful she would have seen six bodies and that's why she didn't say it and Stephen can't find anything to support she said it

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #131 on: December 24, 2016, 09:49:05 AM »
It's very doubtful she would have seen six bodies and that's why she didn't say it and Stephen can't find anything to support she said it
I have been unable to find the source of the misquote.  Is it mentioned in Kates book?
Moderation

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #132 on: December 24, 2016, 09:58:01 AM »
I have been unable to find the source of the misquote.  Is it mentioned in Kates book?

No

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #133 on: December 24, 2016, 04:43:07 PM »
No
I checked some crucial pages and it wasn't on those.
Moderation

Offline misty

« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2017, 03:07:58 AM »

http://sicnoticias.sapo.pt/pais/2017-01-11-Julgamento-de-Pereira-Cristovao-adiado
The final allegations of the trial of Paulo Pereira Cristóvão were postponed until the Supreme Court of Justice ruled whether or not the Central Criminal Court had jurisdiction to investigate the case in which the former vice president of Sporting is accused of being the Mentor of a wave of assaults in Lisbon and the south bank.

During the trial, three defendants admitted that they were hired by Pereira Cristóvão to make difficult charges.

The former sports official and former inspector of the Judiciary has pending in the Supreme Court an appeal contesting the jurisdiction of the court that conducted the investigation phase.

If the decision, which will be known on February 1, is favorable, the judgment may be annulled.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://observador.pt/2017/01/11/julgamento-de-paulo-pereira-cristovao-pode-ser-anulado-supremo-decide-a-1-de-fevereiro/

Paulo Pereira Cristóvão, the former inspector of the Judiciary Police, in court with 17 other defendants, accused of forming a group to assault businessmen saying they were conducting searches in the name of justice, can see almost a year of judgment being overturned. This is because the defense of the former vice president of Sporting and former inspector of the PJ, pleaded a procedural issue that relates to the powers of the criminal investigating judge.

The first defense appeal was filed about a year ago, but the Court of Appeal did not give reason to Pereira Cristóvão. The appeal then went to the Supreme Court that on February 1 will decide the issue. "We have filed an extraordinary appeal that will now be decided and that having the expected outcome will result in the annulment of all the acts of the process. From the investigation phase to the trial, "Rui Costa Pereira, the lawyer of the former PJ inspector, said in a statement on Wednesday.
The trial began on June 1, 2016 and has already had 17 sessions, where dozens of witnesses were heard. The session on Wednesday, where the final allegations were scheduled to take place, has since been suspended.

Paulo Pereira Cristóvão is accused of criminal association, robbery, kidnapping, possession of prohibited weapon, abuse of power, violation of domicile by employee and falsification of document. Along with seven other defendants, including former Juve Leo leader Mustafa, three PSP agents and a drug dealer will have formed a criminal group to hold assaults on businessmen. According to the indictment of the Public Prosecution, the assaults were of extreme violence and situations of strangulation and use of firearms were reported.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heaven forbid he escapes justice on a legal technicality.