Author Topic: Former PJ inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao arrested for armed robbery.  (Read 64019 times)

Offline sadie

Re: Former PJ inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao arrested for armed robbery.
« Reply #255 on: October 06, 2017, 11:42:12 PM »
The first part of your pragraph has NOTHING to do the Maddie, secondly yuo never said he was arrested for ALLEDGEDLY  armed robbery, yet you complain about the same being done to the McCanns, I find this quite stragne if I ma honest. his criminal record has nothing to do with the search for Maddie, the court is entitled to make its descisions wether they be right or wrong- again nothing to to with the search for Maddie or justice for Maddie- this is in my honest opinion a spiteful,vindictive thread to mud sling at the PJ and theit portuguese court system all because they didn't play nice to Kate n Gerry.

Regarding your last paragraph. I made no such a claim that  the McCanns or anyone has a right to a good name- I was mearly pointing out your very obvious bias in claiming  a 'right' for one person/s and denying that same equal right to another.

It is ok if you mis read or missunderstood, many readers get the gist. 8**8:/:

Can you give any valid reasons why you trust Cristovao, Amaral and their cahoots against people, (The Mccanns and friends), who IMO are completely free from any criminaility .... and furthermore no pointers toward them having ever done anything criminal in their lives

Just why do you trust these Criminals against IMO non criminals?

stephen25000

« Reply #256 on: October 07, 2017, 09:20:49 AM »
Can you give any valid reasons why you trust Cristovao, Amaral and their cahoots against people, (The Mccanns and friends), who IMO are completely free from any criminaility .... and furthermore no pointers toward them having ever done anything criminal in their lives

Cristovao is irrelevant to this case.

Amaral, was case coordinator for a few months, and he was not alone in his views.

As to the McCann's, their actions led to this case, and in my view that is undeniable.

Besides, it is undetermined, which party or parties have carried out criminal action in this case, if anyone has.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 11:32:46 AM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #257 on: October 07, 2017, 10:38:12 AM »
Please can we do without the nitpicking guys.  TY in anticipation.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #258 on: October 07, 2017, 10:53:34 AM »
It is very much a fact that Paulo Pereira Cristovao involved himself in Madeleine's case from day one and still has an interest ten years after the event.

Snip
Pereira Cristovao, 48, has been a constant critic of Kate and Gerry McCann and called for them to be arrested for leaving their children alone in their Algarve holiday apartment after Madeleine vanished in May 3 2007.

He claimed in a 2008 book called The Star of Madeleine that the toddler was dead and her body had been dumped at sea.
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/520155/Madeleine-McCann-cop-trial-violent-robberies-Portugal-controversial-book

Snip
Mr Cristovao’s theory is that Madeleine could well have been taken to caves in the tiny beach town of Burgau, three miles along the coast.

He formulated the idea after putting himself in the shoes of a kidnapper on his first visit to the Ocean Club flat where Madeleine went missing.

Ahead of the 10th anniversary of Madeleine’s disappearance, the former officer said: “That’s the most important thing for me. And that’s what I did, the first time I visited Praia da Luz.

“I put myself in the role of someone who knew nothing about the streets or the region. Where would I put the body of a girl?

“I stood at the apartment door – to the right is the town of Portimao. There are lots of people there, lots of buildings.

“If I had kidnapped her that’s not the way I’d want to go. I would want to go left, and find the first side road. I put my car on that road, and I went straight to Burgau. It’s a nearby beach, with a lot of rocks with caves.

“It’s a good place to put somebody. As far as I know the police never went there, because you would need divers.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/ex-top-cop-breaks-madeleine-10278020

As well as being an author, Cristovao is also a convicted criminal ...

Snip
Former Sporting Vice President Paulo Pereira Cristóvão was sentenced on Friday to four and a half years in prison, suspended for the same period of time, under the so-called Cardinal Case, for two crimes of embezzlement, misuse of money and property of the club, and also by aggravated slanderous denunciation of the former assistant referee.

In reading the judgment, the court emphasized that the "evidence is unequivocal".

http://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-nos/sporting/detalhe/caso-cardinal-pereira-cristovao-condenado-a-quatro-anos-e-meio-de-prisao.html

« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 11:31:25 AM by John »
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #259 on: October 07, 2017, 01:14:52 PM »

I do not feel the need to have my assumed opinion validated. I would be very wary of making claims about the McCanns never having done anything criminal in their lives only unless you were with both of them since birth through childhood... which let's face it never happened.

Can you please remind the forum mods and members where I have claimed to 'trust' criminals against non criminals whom ever these non criminals are you speak of.

If you are unable to do so can I expect an apology?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #260 on: October 07, 2017, 04:20:53 PM »
Given what has happened to Paulo Cristovao and the numerous convictions and further allegations of criminal conduct against him, is there really any point in treating anything he has previously said with any credibility?
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Robittybob1

« Reply #261 on: October 07, 2017, 06:04:33 PM »
I do not feel the need to have my assumed opinion validated. I would be very wary of making claims about the McCanns never having done anything criminal in their lives only unless you were with both of them since birth through childhood... which let's face it never happened.

Can you please remind the forum mods and members where I have claimed to 'trust' criminals against non criminals whom ever these non criminals are you speak of.

If you are unable to do so can I expect an apology?
We'd all be criminals if that is the standard of proof you require.
Moderation
John has instructed all moderators to take a very strong line with posters who constantly breach the rules of this forum.  This sniping, goading, name calling and other various forms of disruption will cease.

stephen25000

« Reply #262 on: October 07, 2017, 06:05:45 PM »
Given what has happened to Paulo Cristovao and the numerous convictions and further allegations of criminal conduct against him, is there really any point in treating anything he has previously said with any credibility?

He is irrelevant to this case and the circumstances of Madeleine's disappearance.

So why does he need to be brought up at all ?

Apart of course, by the need for some to attack the PJ ?

Offline John

« Reply #263 on: October 07, 2017, 06:42:29 PM »
We'd all be criminals if that is the standard of proof you require.

Try Scotland, they don't need any evidence apparently and are extremely good at inventing non existent offences.  Malfeasance is the Crown Office's speciality.
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline Carana

« Reply #264 on: October 07, 2017, 06:48:10 PM »

Agree with you, Angelo. Not a frequent occurrence ;)

From the extracts that I've read of his book, he seems to have had a few snippets of info from his PJ pals, and turned it into a romanticised novel for the greater glorification of Amaral and his other pals.

It probably reflected PJ thinking at the time, but not much of it seems to be accurate.

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #265 on: October 08, 2017, 11:06:36 AM »
Paulo Cristovao has received a suspended sentence for the crimes which he has already been convicted which must appear extraordinarily lenient to some especially when he is still accused of more serious ones.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline Carana

« Reply #266 on: October 08, 2017, 11:32:58 AM »
Paulo Cristovao has received a suspended sentence for the crimes which he has already been convicted which must appear extraordinarily lenient to some especially when he is still accused of more serious ones.

The mysterious workings of the PT judicial system...

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #267 on: October 08, 2017, 01:44:32 PM »
The mysterious workings of the PT judicial system...

The Portuguese people must be well used to police officers being treated leniently by the courts so hardly surprising that many of them have little or no faith in their justice system.  From what I have seen, there appears to be a different attitude to justice depending on whether the court is local, regional or national.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 02:46:16 PM by Angelo222 »

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline sadie

« Reply #268 on: October 08, 2017, 06:22:56 PM »
The Portuguese people must be well used to police officers being treated leniently by the courts so hardly surprising that many of them have little or no faith in their justice system.  From what I have seen, there appears to be a different attitude to justice depending on whether the court is local, regional or national.
An interesting observation, Angelo

Offline Carana

« Reply #269 on: October 09, 2017, 05:16:45 PM »
He got sanctioned by the PJ oversight body over the Cipriano saga.

He then got chucked out of the PJ and wrote his book about the Cipriano case, followed by the one about Madeleine.

He was also a pundit on pro-PJ TV shows... and somehow got himself involved in a fairly industrious array of criminal affairs. And not on the good side. Bigly. Sad.