Author Topic: Former PJ inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao arrested for armed robbery.  (Read 64013 times)

Offline Eleanor

Re: Former PJ inspector Paulo Pereira Cristovao arrested for armed robbery.
« Reply #315 on: December 07, 2019, 07:58:05 PM »
Hi Eleanor, here is a comparison.

ThankYou, Anthro.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #316 on: December 07, 2019, 10:03:42 PM »
Cristovao wasn't the sort to dirty his own hands but influencd and got others to do his bidding.

I wasn't thinking he actually went into the appartment.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #317 on: December 07, 2019, 10:58:23 PM »
South America news outlet,says it all.
Whose news outlets do you trust, out of interest?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #318 on: December 07, 2019, 10:59:01 PM »
I wasn't thinking he actually went into the appartment.

What I find puzzling is why Cristovao identified himself so closely with Madeleine's case when he took part in the Netflix films.
His mind quite obviously works in mysterious ways but prior to that his connection to Amaral was barely noted in the  British press.  That situation appears to have altered as the connection is now being made. Perhaps giving a realisation of the forces ranged against Madeleine's parents and what they were up against over the years.

Snip
It emerged Pereira Cristovao was facing trial in March when he played a prominent role in the documentary ‘The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann’.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/12/07/former-detective-criticised-madeleine-mccanns-parents-jailed-organised-crime-11407968/?ito=cbshare

Snip
The ex-cop, who left the Policia Judiciaria after a torture trial former Madeleine McCann chief investigator Goncalo Amaral was also implicated in, will remain a free man pending an appeal.

It emerged Pereira Cristovao was facing trial in March when he played a prominent role in Netflix documentary The Disappearance of Madeleine McCann.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7766609/Portuguese-ex-detective-blasted-Madeleine-McCanns-parents-jailed-seven-half-years.html

Snip
The ex-cop, who left the Policia Judiciaria (PJ) after a torture trial former Madeleine McCann chief investigator Goncalo Amaral was also implicated in, will remain a free man pending an appeal.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/10503706/maddie-cop-jailed-netflix-documentary/
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #319 on: December 07, 2019, 11:04:42 PM »
Do they not jail ex-cops in Portugal, regardless of the seriousness of the crime?  What a farce.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #320 on: December 07, 2019, 11:18:21 PM »
Do they not jail ex-cops in Portugal, regardless of the seriousness of the crime?  What a farce.

It doesn't look like they do.  They all seem to get Suspended Sentences when they can't be avoided.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #321 on: December 07, 2019, 11:26:36 PM »

In my opinion Cristovao was the Godfather of this gang but I doubt the seven year sentence handed down reflects that and it remains to be seen how long it will take for the appeal to be even heard.
I doubt he will serve his sentence.

I think the underlings who acted on his instructions will do the time.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #322 on: December 07, 2019, 11:59:02 PM »

It won't be much fun for a PJ Officer to spend time in prison.

Offline misty

« Reply #323 on: December 08, 2019, 12:13:00 AM »

20 years ago convicted Portuguese police officers had their own special jail. I'm not sure if that's still the case as I have a vague recollection of Cristovao incarcerated temporarily in Evora prison.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/jul/09/theobserver3

Offline Brietta

« Reply #324 on: December 08, 2019, 12:14:46 AM »

The way things are going they might well end up outnumbering the civilian criminal prisoners.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #325 on: December 08, 2019, 12:22:28 AM »
Maybe in Portugal you’re not considered a proper cop until you’ve got a criminal conviction...

Offline John

« Reply #326 on: December 08, 2019, 01:08:22 AM »

I have to agree, will everyone convicted in Portugal now escape prison until their appeal is heard...somehow I think not... a farce indeed!
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline misty

« Reply #327 on: December 08, 2019, 01:13:44 AM »
I have to agree, will everyone convicted in Portugal now escape prison until their appeal is heard...somehow I think not... a farce indeed!

I won't be surprised if he suddenly "disappears".

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #328 on: December 08, 2019, 08:39:09 AM »
20 years ago convicted Portuguese police officers had their own special jail. I'm not sure if that's still the case as I have a vague recollection of Cristovao incarcerated temporarily in Evora prison.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2000/jul/09/theobserver3

A great find.  As ever.

Offline jassi

« Reply #329 on: December 08, 2019, 09:03:24 AM »
A great find.  As ever.

What exactly do you find great about it ?
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future