Author Topic: Jeremy Bamber - True facts you need to know about Jeremy Bamber  (Read 102091 times)

Offline Plutonium

Re: Jeremy Bamber - True facts you need to know about Jeremy Bamber
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2017, 09:54:44 PM »
Hi all

I'm a newbie here, and as I mentioned in the Introductions forum, I am genuinely undecided about the Bamber case. However I am very interested in the case, and I'm hoping to find out more about it. I know that there are some websites devoted to campaigning to prove his innocence, and equally many people who think he is guilty. For now, I need to keep an open mind.

However, just reading the list of facts about Bamber in this thread, a number of questions come to mind, and any information that anyone can offer on these, I would be very grateful for.

He loved his family so much that weeks before the murders he trashed & robbed the family business at Osea Road Caravan Park. This was only revealed after the murders when he was forced to admit to the robbery after girlfriend Julie Mugford came forward as a witness against him.

Was this crime reported to the police at the time? Is there a record of Bamber admitting to the robbery, and were any charges brought against him in connection with this?

His real father rose to the rank of Major in the army and worked at Buckingham Palace for HM the Queen. His mother was a Bishops daughter who was unmarried at the time. She and the Major later married and have another family together.

I'm not clear how this information is material to the murder case?

While 5 members of his family lay murdered Jeremy Bamber cooked and ate a full English breakfast in front of stunned police officers.  This was one of the factors which raised suspicions about him at the time.

White House Farm was a crime scene. As soon as police had established it contained dead bodies, they would surely have followed standard practice, which is to seal off the scene, and only police and forensics personnel would have been allowed to enter. Surely Bamber could not have entered the house and cooked breakfast, if he had wanted to??

Bamber tried to flog nude pictures of his murdered sister Sheila Caffell round Fleet Street in London for a substantial sum before he was arrested.  His friend Brett Collins approached several newspapers on his behalf but every one declined the offer. The London Times printed an article shortly thereafter referring to the offer which they felt was in rather poor taste and certainly newsworthy in itself given the circumstances.

Were the photos taken by Bamber? If not, who took them and do we know how Bamber came into possession of them? Is there a record of the Times article about this?

The murder weapon, an Anschütz 525 .22 calibre semi-automatic rifle, found lying on top of Sheila Caffell's body did not contain any ammunition when found by police on their entry to White House Farm on the morning of the murders.

I'm not sure of the point here. Whoever carried out the murders could have used up all the ammunition. It does not tell us anything about who the murderer is. Or is the implication that the Anschutz was not the real murder weapon?

Bambers twin 6-year-old nephews Nicholas & Daniel Caffell were shot several times as they slept in bed. One was shot in the back of the head and the other in the face as he sucked his thumb.

Again, how does this information indicate the identity of the murderer?

Thanks again for any information you can provide, and again, I emphasise that I have an open mind on this case.

Offline John

« Reply #61 on: January 03, 2017, 12:20:07 AM »
Hi all

I'm a newbie here, and as I mentioned in the Introductions forum, I am genuinely undecided about the Bamber case. However I am very interested in the case, and I'm hoping to find out more about it. I know that there are some websites devoted to campaigning to prove his innocence, and equally many people who think he is guilty. For now, I need to keep an open mind.

However, just reading the list of facts about Bamber in this thread, a number of questions come to mind, and any information that anyone can offer on these, I would be very grateful for.

He loved his family so much that weeks before the murders he trashed & robbed the family business at Osea Road Caravan Park. This was only revealed after the murders when he was forced to admit to the robbery after girlfriend Julie Mugford came forward as a witness against him.

Was this crime reported to the police at the time? Is there a record of Bamber admitting to the robbery, and were any charges brought against him in connection with this?

My understaning is that the family were suspicious that Jeremy Bamber was involved in the robbery and trashing at Osea Caravans but chose not to get the police involved.  His girlfriend Julie Mugford was there when he carried out the crime and it was she who later communicated the fact to police.  Only then did Jeremy Bamber admit to the cirme.  He later appeared in court on charges relating to the robbery.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 12:26:43 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.

Offline John

« Reply #62 on: January 03, 2017, 12:30:08 AM »
His real father rose to the rank of Major in the army and worked at Buckingham Palace for HM the Queen. His mother was a Bishops daughter who was unmarried at the time. She and the Major later married and have another family together.

I'm not clear how this information is material to the murder case?

It is merely background information and helps readers to understand a little about Jeremy Bamber's family history.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 01:07:26 AM by John »
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.

Offline John

« Reply #63 on: January 03, 2017, 12:35:03 AM »
While 5 members of his family lay murdered Jeremy Bamber cooked and ate a full English breakfast in front of stunned police officers.  This was one of the factors which raised suspicions about him at the time.

White House Farm was a crime scene. As soon as police had established it contained dead bodies, they would surely have followed standard practice, which is to seal off the scene, and only police and forensics personnel would have been allowed to enter. Surely Bamber could not have entered the house and cooked breakfast, if he had wanted to??

Jeremy Bamber didn't live at the farmhouse.  His father Nevill Bamber bought a cottage in nearby Goldhanger and that is where Jeremy set up house with Julie Mugford.  On the morning of the murders it was to that cottage that Jeremy returned with the police, it is there that he cooked a hearty breakfast and it is to there that the police brought Julie Mugford after collecting her in London.

Offline John

« Reply #64 on: January 03, 2017, 12:40:16 AM »
Bamber tried to flog nude pictures of his murdered sister Sheila Caffell round Fleet Street in London for a substantial sum before he was arrested.  His friend Brett Collins approached several newspapers on his behalf but every one declined the offer. The London Times printed an article shortly thereafter referring to the offer which they felt was in rather poor taste and certainly newsworthy in itself given the circumstances.

Were the photos taken by Bamber? If not, who took them and do we know how Bamber came into possession of them? Is there a record of the Times article about this?

The nude photos were taken by Colin Caffell.  Jeremy knew where to find them in Sheila's flat in Maida Vale in London.  There is indeed a record of the Times article, I have posted it below.

Published 29 October 1986

« Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 12:08:51 AM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #65 on: January 03, 2017, 12:51:12 AM »
The murder weapon, an Anschütz 525 .22 calibre semi-automatic rifle, found lying on top of Sheila Caffell's body did not contain any ammunition when found by police on their entry to White House Farm on the morning of the murders.

I'm not sure of the point here. Whoever carried out the murders could have used up all the ammunition. It does not tell us anything about who the murderer is. Or is the implication that the Anschutz was not the real murder weapon?

I agree, this doesn't point to the murderer.  For that you have to look at all the circumstantial evidence.  In this case the evidence indicates who couldn't have been the killer and not who was.  In a nutshell, the house was secured from the inside, only Jeremy Bamber knew how to get in and out after the doors had been locked.  He blames his adoptive sister Sheila Caffell for the murders but the forensic and other evidence clears her.  His former girlfriend gave evidence to the effect that he was planning to kill his family.  Work the rest out for yourself.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 01:01:22 AM by John »

Offline John

« Reply #66 on: January 03, 2017, 01:03:55 AM »
Bambers twin 6-year-old nephews Nicholas & Daniel Caffell were shot several times as they slept in bed. One was shot in the back of the head and the other in the face as he sucked his thumb.

Again, how does this information indicate the identity of the murderer?

Thanks again for any information you can provide, and again, I emphasise that I have an open mind on this case.

It doesn't identify the killer, see my last post.

Always glad to help and to provide any information on the case.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 01:06:05 AM by John »

Offline rotti

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2017, 11:42:53 PM »
great work john excellent posts 8((()*/