Other High Profile Cases and Persons of Interest > The murder of landscape architect Joanna Yeates in Bristol in December 2010.

Translation of the diary of Vincent Tabak

<< < (5/5)

[...]:

--- Quote from: Leonora on April 14, 2017, 09:22:04 AM ---May 2011
5. Plea hearing by video-link before a new judge, Richard Field. It was originally to have been held yesterday. My new barrister, William Clegg QC, was in court at the Old Bailey, London, instead of Bristol Crown Court. He is instructed by my new solicitor, Ian Kelcey. The Prosecutor, Nigel Lickley QC, told the court that Joanna Yeates was murdered between 16th and 19th December 2010. He applied for my trial to be held in Winchester instead of Bristol, but Mr Clegg opposed this. Mr Justice Field said that I will appear before a pre-trial hearing at some date in July 2011 yet to be fixed. Joanna's parents were in court. They told the press afterwards that they had known about the manslaughter plea beforehand. Paul Vermeij told the press that it was shocking news. He was very surprised, and added that there had been no suggestion of this. A journalist contacted Ilse, but she had nothing to say to the press. Joran Jessuran tweeted that he didn't expect this.
--- End quote ---

Pre Trial hearing in July leonora...??  Or was that when they convicted Dr Vincent Tabak?? leaving CJ the opportunity to sue the newspapers knowing that a conviction had already happened!

Leonora:

--- Quote from: Nine.. Again on February 05, 2018, 12:30:02 PM ---Pre Trial hearing in July leonora...??  Or was that when they convicted Dr Vincent Tabak?? leaving CJ the opportunity to sue the newspapers knowing that a conviction had already happened!

--- End quote ---
The pre-trial hearing scheduled for July was delayed until 20th September. This was held at Bristol Crown Court before judge Martin Picton and reported in the press. It was preceded by a very low-key hearing on 7th September that was reported only by the local media, from which VT himself was absent, and at which Mr Clegg promised an enhanced statement for the pre-trial hearing. Your suggestion that he was convicted at one of these hearings is without any foundation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version