Other High Profile Cases and Persons of Interest > The murder of landscape architect Joanna Yeates in Bristol in December 2010.

Was This A Twin Track Investigation?

<< < (3/3)

Leonora:
The police, the news media and her parents over-reacted to the initial disappearance of Joanna - which could have had the usual explanations - she could have been at a party and got too drunk to leave - she and Greg could have had a misunderstanding or even a row, so she stomped off somewhere else and did "fun things" (his own words).

Mr & Mrs Yeates got into their car and drove straight over after Greg rang.

Anneleise Jackson drove out to 44 Canynge Road within 2 hours of Greg's 999 call, and proceeded to rouse the other inhabitants. Normal procedure would be to say, "Wait to see if she shows up at work".

Within 12 hours, the search was publicly designated "Operation Braid", which reveals that the police likened Joanna to a princess who has been snatched by an evil monster.

The first public appeal with her parents and boyfriend was chaired, not by a run-of-the-mill police spokesman, not by a family liaison officer, but by no less than Detective Superintendant Mark Saunders, a senior officer on the Major Crime Investigation Team.

Greg was publicly absolved of any involvement in Joanna's disappearance.

A key detective in the on-going investigation into the unsolved murder of Melanie Hall, DCI Gareth Bevan, appealed for Joanna's missing pizza.

Mr Yeates declared, "The police know more than they are telling".

What if, I ask myself, Joanna's assailant deliberately planted one or more clues in her flat - clues that Greg had to mention when he telephoned her parents and then when he made the 999 call, but were redacted out at Vincent Tabak's trial? An object that the police would know had belonged to Melanie Hall could have been left in the flat.

Leonora:
There can be only one explanation for the need to summon four fire engines before Joanna's body could be recovered. She was not dumped beside Longwood Lane, but in an inaccessible site surrounded by water, and probably invisible. The failure of the dog walkers to testify in person reinforces my suspicion that their role was a fabrication, and the police already knew where the body was when Christmas day dawned.

Did they get a tip-off from the killer? Or was the location too revealed by a coded message to the police that he had deliberately deposited in her flat?

After Joanna's body had been found, the unsolved murder of Glenis Carruthers was publicly linked to this case. Bristol Zoo publicly offered police CCTV footage. Detectives talked to Yorkshire police about the disappearance of Claudia Lawrence.

Media reports claimed that forensic investigators had found a "vital clue" in Longwood Lane, but police wouldn't say anything about what kind of clue it could be. Its identity was never revealed, even at the trial. Did it comprise objects that could only have come from Glenis Carruthers and Claudia Lawrence?

Is there a syndicate at work, whose members murder young women for kicks, and trade trophies amongst themselves, for planting at the scenes of their misdeeds? Is this why "Operation Braid" was classified as a "Complex Case"?

mrswah:
I cannot agree that Joanna's parents over reacted. I think they reacted as most parents would have done, because, obviously, Joanna's disappearance was out of character.  If Greg was worried enough to contact them, they must have been out of their minds with worry.

[...]:
I shouldn't speculate .... 

[...]:
Same again... going off topic... sorry ...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version