News and current affairs > The Coronavirus and Covid-19

Is the Coronavirus threat being overegged?

(1/78) > >>

Angelo222:
According to Boris Johnson the threat from the coronavirus could in the worst scenario see 50 million people infected in the UK and up to 500,000 deaths.

Does anyone have a view on this?  Why has Johnson decided to reveal this information now?

Holly Goodhead:
I do not believe the global scientific community have a handle on the nature of the virus.

I have just returned today to UK from a hol and have today been in big smoke and the place is dead.  If it continues like this the fall out to the economy will be huge. 

Robittybob1:

--- Quote from: Angelo222 on March 07, 2020, 07:47:17 PM ---According to Boris Johnson the threat from the coronavirus could in the worst scenario see 50 million people infected in the UK and up to 500,000 deaths.

Does anyone have a view on this?  Why has Johnson decided to reveal this information now?

--- End quote ---
Most of the infections are relatively mild, and other cases asymptomatic. 

Angelo222:

--- Quote from: Robittybob1 on March 09, 2020, 05:51:00 PM ---Most of the infections are relatively mild, and other cases asymptomatic.

--- End quote ---

Somehow I don't think the more than 4000 who have already died would agree with you Rob.

Wonderfulspam:

Yes, it's being blown out of proportion.

More people die in traffic accidents than from this virus.

I don't have much sympathy for the Chinese, they started it by eating bats or something. More fool them IMO.

It seems the majority of fatalities are among the elderly & those in poor health.

The world is long overdue a mass extinction event if you ask me. But this isn't it. Summer is coming & I doubt the virus will survive the warmer temperatures.

But just in case,  let's all rush down to Co-Op & empty the shelves of bog roll. That'll show Corona who's boss.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version