News and current affairs > The Coronavirus and Covid-19

Fast-tracking a vaccine

(1/22) > >>

Holly Goodhead:
As I understand it the above is being worked on with various timescales given the longest some 18 months.  Those working on a vaccine have admitted it will not go though all the normal clinical trials to check for side effects because it can take months/years for any side effects to develop.

How do others feel about getting vaccinated given the above?

misty:

--- Quote from: Holly Goodhead on April 22, 2020, 12:03:32 PM ---As I understand it the above is being worked on with various timescales given the longest some 18 months.  Those working on a vaccine have admitted it will not go though all the normal clinical trials to check for side effects because it can take months/years for any side effects to develop.

--- End quote ---

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-has-mutated-into-more-than-30-strains-say-scientists-in-china-11976380

IMO any vaccine developed will be about as effect as the flu vaccine. I had terrible flu last New Year  and previously in Dec 2018 - after the first 2 flu vaccines I'd had in my lifetime. Given the haste in which various governments want Covid 19 mass vaccination implemented, I will be very reluctant to have the jab.

Myster:
There's always a chance that you might burst out in pangolins...

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d6/The_cow_pock.jpg

barrier:

--- Quote from: Holly Goodhead on April 22, 2020, 12:03:32 PM ---As I understand it the above is being worked on with various timescales given the longest some 18 months.  Those working on a vaccine have admitted it will not go though all the normal clinical trials to check for side effects because it can take months/years for any side effects to develop.

--- End quote ---

No thanks,I'll chance it.Whats the hurry one wonders,what are we not being told.

Mr Gray:

--- End quote ---

I think we need more information. The problem is whats the alternative and if enough people dont take up the vaccine where does that leave us re lockdown and  return to normal. Its either  avaccine or herd immunity at the moment afaics

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version