Alleged Miscarriages of Justice > Luke Mitchell and the murder of his teenage girfriend Jodi Jones on 30 June 2003.

Luke Mitchell Theories

(1/186) > >>

TheArmchairDetective:
Let me start with this:

The knife pouch with ‘666, [Name removed] 1989-2003, The Finest Day I Ever Had, Was When Tomorrow Never Came’.

It’s probably the most controversial and damning piece of evidence against him.  Only a psychopath would keep something as morbid.  This could be argued as a trophy, suggesting he is in fact proud that she is dead.  Only a psychopath capable of being behind such a murder would inscribe ‘666’ on this too.  This is clearly a nod to Satan, which is not surprising in this case as Mitchell has shown in the past some unusual interest in this.

Jodi’s favourite song lyric - The Finest Day I Ever I Ever Had Was When Tomorrow Never Came.  Only someone with low self-esteem and/or depression would view such a lyric in a meaningful way.  This lyric suggests she may have wanted to die.

IMO, Mitchell sensed she was weak and honoured this wish for her, but I am not entirely sure exactly how he managed to avoid detection. This aspect is perplexing.  However, I have a feeling he stood with his arms folded whilst others carried it out.  IMO, Mitchell met Jodi on the path, coaxed her over the wall to smoke cannabis where she was ambushed by other males waiting at the other side.  Why or how Mitchell had the means or the power to engineer and orchestrate such a plan is not for me to comment, but keeping a trophy of her in such a morbid way does not sit with me.

I do not disagree that the Police investigation was a circus.  I do not disagree with many of the points Sandra Lean has made with regards to this case, particularly those in her new book.  However, I am not actually that surprised a Jury convicted him.  If my girlfriend or wife was murdered by a baseball bat, the last thing I would want to see is a baseball bat, let alone owning one and writing her name on it.

Mitchell engineered this, and so happened to do it without leaving a trace of DNA.  He managed this because he wasn’t actually the one who carried it out.  I suspect it was others, and maybe either another unaccounted for individual or two.  Nonetheless, I do not believe Mitchell is an innocent party.

He engineered the killing.  He is as guilty as the ones who carried it out.   It was a nod to Satan.

Does anyone else have a theory?

John:

--- Quote from: TheArmchairDetective on June 08, 2019, 11:52:40 AM ---Let me start with this:

The knife pouch with ‘666, [Name removed] 1989-2003, The Finest Day I Ever Had, Was When Tomorrow Never Came’.

It’s probably the most controversial and damning piece of evidence against him.  Only a psychopath would keep something as morbid.  This could be argued as a trophy, suggesting he is in fact proud that she is dead.  Only a psychopath capable of being behind such a murder would inscribe ‘666’ on this too.  This is clearly a nod to Satan, which is not surprising in this case as Mitchell has shown in the past some unusual interest in this.

Jodi’s favourite song lyric - The Finest Day I Ever I Ever Had Was When Tomorrow Never Came.  Only someone with low self-esteem and/or depression would view such a lyric in a meaningful way.  This lyric suggests she may have wanted to die.

IMO, Mitchell sensed she was weak and honoured this wish for her, but I am not entirely sure exactly how he managed to avoid detection. This aspect is perplexing.  However, I have a feeling he stood with his arms folded whilst others carried it out.  IMO, Mitchell met Jodi on the path, coaxed her over the wall to smoke cannabis where she was ambushed by other males waiting at the other side.  Why or how Mitchell had the means or the power to engineer and orchestrate such a plan is not for me to comment, but keeping a trophy of her in such a morbid way does not sit with me.

I do not disagree that the Police investigation was a circus.  I do not disagree with many of the points Sandra Lean has made with regards to this case, particularly those in her new book.  However, I am not actually that surprised a Jury convicted him.  If my girlfriend or wife was murdered by a baseball bat, the last thing I would want to see is a baseball bat, let alone owning one and writing her name on it.

Mitchell engineered this, and so happened to do it without leaving a trace of DNA.  He managed this because he wasn’t actually the one who carried it out.  I suspect it was others, and maybe either another unaccounted for individual or two.  Nonetheless, I do not believe Mitchell is an innocent party. 

He engineered the killing.  He is as guilty as the ones who carried it out.   It was a nod to Satan.

Does anyone else have a theory?

--- End quote ---

Welcome to the forum TAD, I have edited you interesting initial post in order to comply with specific forum rules.

My own theory is that Mitchell did indeed murder Jodi in a moment of insanity and was very lucky not to have been discovered doing so. He was seen however by two women in a passing car standing looking very suspicious by the side of the main road. This location just happens to be where the public footpath leading to the spot where Jodi's body was found emerges and would be the route Mitchell would have taken had he been returning home via an off-road route to avoid being detected. There is much more to all this off course including the refusal of his older brother to vouch for his presence in the family home when the murder occurred.  Luke Mitchell claimed that he was home making tea yet his brother Shane testified that he was home alone after returning from work.  Bottom line is that they both can't be right!

Myster:
Have a listen to what Corrine Mitchell recently had to say... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ysPeri0O4

John:

--- Quote from: Myster on June 08, 2019, 06:14:40 PM ---Have a listen to what Corrine Mitchell recently had to say... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6ysPeri0O4

--- End quote ---

Thanx Myster.  I think Corrine has had plenty of time to polish her tale and can use some choice language when it suits..  She claims to be Luke's alibi but she was at work when the murder was committed and she had no way of knowing what he was up to. She also denies that there was any evidence against him yet he was seen by two independent witnesses at the end of the path leading to the murder scene, he denied being there. As for the polygraph, well, anyone who believes in that fake science has got to be desperate. Terry Mullins does quite nicely out of it as did Jeremy Kyle up to a few weeks ago. Corrine paints an idyllic scene of family normality and conveniently leaves out all reference to Luke's history of knife violence towards other young girls or to his cannabis dealing activities. According to Corrine Mitchell, her son was a normal well adjusted young man (laughs). She claims that they were a normal law abiding family...hello!!  ...he was flogging cannabis to children ffs!!

It seems that everyone else were the bad guys but Luke Mitchell was the saint. Nothing could be further from the truth IMO. I once gave Corrine Mitchell the opportunity to answer very specific questions on another forum about the night Jodi was murdered after she publicly volunteered to do so but she backed out when she realised she was digging a hole for herself. That says it all really...it seems that denial has become a way of life for her.

PS.  One would have thought that James English could at the very least have spelt the murdered girl's name correctly!

TheArmchairDetective:
I have to agree - Corrine Mitchell left a lot out, but it has to be expected.  Her son was convicted of one of the highest profile murder cases in the UK.  She’s not going to tarnish his reputation anymore than it already is.

All the omissions are pretty relevant to be honest.  The fact he was sent to a psychiatrist after writing sadistic essays; the school jotters with 666 and references to hell; the knife pouch with Jodi’s name etc.  It’s no surprise that the Jury convicted him.

The lack if DNA is alarming, and probably impossible.  This suggests someone else did it, but keeping the pouch suggests he was proud of it.  He was glad that it happened.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version