Alleged Miscarriages of Justice > Siôn Jenkins and the murder of his adopted daughter Billie-Jo.

Introduction to the Siôn Jenkins case

<< < (2/7) > >>

starryian:

--- Quote from: John on July 12, 2012, 01:56:56 AM ---What Happened (According to the Prosecution)

After a day of “frustration and irritation”, Jenkins returned from picking up Lottie from her music lesson, saw Billie-Jo at work on the patio doors and become instantly enraged, either because her work was slapdash, or because she was playing the radio too loudly, or for a combination of such reasons.

He therefore picked up the metal tent spike and, in a fit of uncontrollable fury, bludgeoned her to death, even though Annie and Lottie were around at the time and could have caught him in the act just by wandering in.

The prosecution could offer no real motive for him to have behaved in this way, and suggested that it would always remain a mystery.

--- End quote ---
Thanks for that John,
An interesting look into the case. One glaring feature is the excuse about 'an old cheque book' being picked up. Once maybe, but twice on the same day?.........one too many for me. I believe he completely 'lost it' with her for the reasons you stated. Billie-Jo being a typical prickly teenager had reached the age where most teenagers can be difficult and rebellious. She had probably started to answer him back - not something Jenkins could tolerate. After a frustrating day his explosive and violent temper finally got the better of him. He snapped and (as with most people with this sort of disorder) everything would have gone black - variously described by those it affects as the 'red mist'
Jenkins went into a murderous frenzy. Billie-Jo's murder had all the hallmarks of a killer than could not control his rage. She was struck numerous times in a crime of pure fury and rage. If this were the act of a stranger, it would be highly unusual if not unprecedented.
His wife described Jenkins as having an extremely violent temper and would often beat her and his children.
I highly doubt there was any convenient 'stranger' no matter what the situation was in the vicinity at the time.This seems to be a recurring theme when murderers or their supporters are looking for a scapegoat Murderous people rarely choose the exact same area to commit violent acts in.
Jenkins, (whom many have described as)being the arrogant, deceiptful cunning man that he is, managed to squirm his way out of his just punishment. True hard evidence in this case was not enough to convict him. The jury were deadlocked and could simply not decide. However, the police, his ex-wife, Billie-Jo's family and the local residents knew who the killer was of this defenseless young girl. They knew things about him that were not presented at court.
As the old saying goes 'every dog has his day' His will come soon enough.

Joanne:
The problem I have with an 'outsider' doing it is time. I think Billie-Jo was dropped off and then the rest of them went to a shop or on an errand. I can do Tesco and back in about half an hour to get a couple of bags and self serve, which doesn't allow (if they went on a similar run) to stake the house out, get in, kill someone and make off again assuming Billie-Jo put a struggle up too and an intruder wouldn't have know how long someone else would be out.
I don't want to think he did it because he's a headmaster (was) and should have had enough 'training' to tolerate and diffuse a mouthy teenager.

starryian:

--- Quote from: Joanne on July 12, 2012, 10:49:04 AM ---The problem I have with an 'outsider' doing it is time. I think Billie-Jo was dropped off and then the rest of them went to a shop or on an errand. I can do Tesco and back in about half an hour to get a couple of bags and self serve, which doesn't allow (if they went on a similar run) to stake the house out, get in, kill someone and make off again assuming Billie-Jo put a struggle up too and an intruder wouldn't have know how long someone else would be out.
I don't want to think he did it because he's a headmaster (was) and should have had enough 'training' to tolerate and diffuse a mouthy teenager.

--- End quote ---
Good points Joanne,
Her murder just makes no sense. I could understand if there was a motive, it appears that if she was murdered by a stranger, then that person bludgeoned her for no reason at all. There was no sexual assault, no-one with a grudge against her, nothing. Besides - how would a stranger know who was in the house and who wasnt? Lois, Jenkins wife, had been gone for hours and the rest of the family could return at any second.
The police were very uncomfotable with Jenkins version of events right from the start. Moreover, his wife described Jenkins as telling the rest of the family in a particularly cold and emotionless manner after the discovery of Billie-Jo's body by simply stating to them that 'Billie's dead' Mrs Jenkins remembered him as very cold and detached. Exactly ehe way he would be after a violent outburst.
I for one believe that this man is guilty and true-to-form he is making alot of noise about his innocence - for me..........a little too much. Shakespeare wrote in Hamlet "Methinks thou dost protest too much."

Read into that what you will. 8((()*/

John:

--- Quote from: Joanne on July 12, 2012, 10:49:04 AM ---The problem I have with an 'outsider' doing it is time. I think Billie-Jo was dropped off and then the rest of them went to a shop or on an errand. I can do Tesco and back in about half an hour to get a couple of bags and self serve, which doesn't allow (if they went on a similar run) to stake the house out, get in, kill someone and make off again assuming Billie-Jo put a struggle up too and an intruder wouldn't have know how long someone else would be out.

--- End quote ---

It doesn't work exactly like that Joanne.  I know of a well respected teacher who used to beat up his sister behind the scenes and caused all sorts of problems for his mother.  A bit akin to a Jekyll and Hyde character.

I would not be at all surprised if Jenkins was as nice as pie while in school but a different man at home.

John:

--- Quote from: Joanne on July 13, 2012, 03:58:46 PM ---Are you going to sort the typo out on the menu page?  @)(++(*

--- End quote ---

What typo Joanne?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version