Author Topic: maddie will be 18 this year  (Read 20964 times)

Offline G-Unit

Re: maddie will be 18 this year
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2021, 02:53:30 PM »
you seem to entertaining the possibility that she is still alive?  That’s a question btw.

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I don't know what happened to Madeleine. I don't think she's alive and findable, but some people do. I'm just pointing out that she will shortly be an adult and how that changes her parent's rights and responsibilities.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2021, 04:00:26 PM »
I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I don't know what happened to Madeleine. I don't think she's alive and findable, but some people do. I'm just pointing out that she will shortly be an adult and how that changes her parent's rights and responsibilities.
only one of her parents?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline kizzy

« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2021, 05:42:15 PM »
IMO it could be argued that each and every small child who has an accident or wanders off never to be seen again has not been “properly protected” by their parents.  Yet we make allowances for most other fsmous cases of disappeared or murdered small children and choose not to continue to heapblame and fury on their parents.  It appears that the McCanns are a special case, still being criticised and accused 14 years after the event.  Can someone explain why these two are so utterly despised when others are not?

It appears that the McCanns are a special case, still being criticised and accused 14 years after the event.  Can someone explain why these two are so utterly despised when others are not?

Well Obvs...it would be off topic... this is the

Madeleine McCann (3) disappeared from her parent's holiday apartment at Ocean Club, Praia da Luz, Portugal on 3 May 2007. No trace of her has ever been found.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #63 on: April 27, 2021, 07:35:19 PM »
All my opinion.. They are despised because sceptics believe a whole load of rubbish.

They believe the dogs are so reliable they could not possibly be wrong so many times.
They believe the FSS is not reliable and sent an initial report that confirmed Madfies blood was in the hire car

They believe the McCanns changed their statements and therefore lied to the police.

They believe the McCanns sedated their children..

They believe Kate wouldn't answer the 48 questions because she had something to hide

The believe Kate lied about the window

They believe the fund is fraudulent and for the McCanns own benefit.

They believe the McCanns are evil sociopaths
There's probably more..

If those things were true then I think the McCanns would deseve to be hated... The problem is they are all untrue...

All my opinion
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 07:44:23 PM by Davel »

Offline Carana

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2021, 05:50:17 AM »
Wardship will expire when the child reaches the age of 18.
https://www.johnsonastills.com/site/blog/ejablog/my-child-has-been-made-a-ward-of-court-what-does-this-mean#:~:text=Wardship%20is%20the%20name%20that,ensure%20their%20safety%20and%20protection.&text=A%20child%20cannot%20be%20removed,the%20permission%20of%20the%20Court.

Parental responsibility only lasts as a legal concept until the child is 18
https://www.google.com/search?q=end+of+parental+rights+uk&safe=strict&rlz=1CAPKUQ_enGB867GB867&sxsrf=ALeKk03RbKVrZLyYJ5d1l1ewx-dQ6i2yaA%3A1619524797325&ei=vfyHYNCrE4mZsAeBnoqQCg&oq=end+of+parental+rights+uk&gs_lcp=Cgdnd3Mtd2l6EAMyBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB4yBggAEBYQHjIGCAAQFhAeOgcIABBHELADUPW5AVjWwAFg98UBaAFwAngAgAGUAogB3AWSAQUwLjIuMpgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXrIAQjAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz&ved=0ahUKEwiQ_v6BsJ7wAhWJDOwKHQGPAqIQ4dUDCA4&uact=5

If you have parental responsibility, your most important roles are to:

provide a home for the child
protect and maintain the child
You’re also responsible for:

disciplining the child
choosing and providing for the child’s education
agreeing to the child’s medical treatment
naming the child and agreeing to any change of name
looking after the child’s property
https://www.gov.uk/parental-rights-responsibilities

As from 12th May Madeleine's parents will not be able to make the above decisions on her behalf without her agreement, she will be able make her own decisions.

The situation of Claudia Lawrence's father was different, as she was an adult when she disappeared and Claudia's Law only seems applicable to the person's affairs concerning property and finances.
https://www.thegazette.co.uk/all-notices/content/103897
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2017/27/enacted

Even so, people can be guardians of vulnerable adults, though, can't they?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2021, 08:52:07 AM »

The situation of Claudia Lawrence's father was different, as she was an adult when she disappeared and Claudia's Law only seems applicable to the person's affairs concerning property and finances.
https://www.thegazette.co.uk/all-notices/content/103897
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2017/27/enacted

Even so, people can be guardians of vulnerable adults, though, can't they?
Yes, just look at Britney Spears. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Lace

« Reply #66 on: April 28, 2021, 09:13:53 AM »
whats  you guys opinion on if the very low  chance maddie is alive if  found   do you  thinks she would  want to contact her  parents??

Oh so are we having a vote as to whether Madeleine would want to see her parents?   How sickening.

Madeleine has loving parents who have searched for 14 years to find her,  when she hears this there is no doubt in my mind she will want to meet them. Madeleine also has a brother and a sister  they will fill her in with what has happened in all the years she has been missing.  they will show her how they have had a wonderful upbringing and that their parents have been tortured with the horror of her being abducted.   It's the abductor who is at fault not the parents.   They thought it was safe it wasn't and a monster took advantage of that.   

I wonder if you started this thread so that you could have a hate fest? 

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2021, 09:14:47 AM »
Yes, just look at Britney Spears.

If the terms of Madeleine's protection are to be changed, I imagine it would be decided by the High Court.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Lace

« Reply #68 on: April 28, 2021, 09:17:15 AM »
It appears that the McCanns are a special case, still being criticised and accused 14 years after the event.  Can someone explain why these two are so utterly despised when others are not?

Well Obvs...it would be off topic... this is the

Madeleine McCann (3) disappeared from her parent's holiday apartment at Ocean Club, Praia da Luz, Portugal on 3 May 2007. No trace of her has ever been found.

There has been no trace of the little girl abducted on her paper round either.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #69 on: April 28, 2021, 09:24:05 AM »
Oh so are we having a vote as to whether Madeleine would want to see her parents?   How sickening.

Madeleine has loving parents who have searched for 14 years to find her,  when she hears this there is no doubt in my mind she will want to meet them. Madeleine also has a brother and a sister  they will fill her in with what has happened in all the years she has been missing.  they will show her how they have had a wonderful upbringing and that their parents have been tortured with the horror of her being abducted.   It's the abductor who is at fault not the parents.   They thought it was safe it wasn't and a monster took advantage of that.   

Almost certainly, IMO.  It's a typical McCann basher angle:  "Even if Madeleine wasn't dumped in a bin by her parents and was abducted by a paedo she STILL wouldn't want to go back to those evil child neglector parents because they allowed her to be raped and tortured for years".   I have pointed out on more than one occasion that my parents left me in far dodgier circumstances for much longer whilst on holiday and while I recognise that they behaved wholly irresponsibly I certainly do not hate them for it, nor would I even had I come to harm as a result.  The capacity for the wronged to forgive and show empathy and understanding seems to be overlooked by some people who  imagine instead that the world is completely black and white and that if you do something foolish or irresponsible then you will be hated forever and never forgiven, even by your nearest and dearest.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #70 on: April 28, 2021, 09:26:52 AM »

Allegedly abducted.

If Maddie is still alive then her captors are taking better care of her than her parents did.

I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2021, 09:30:05 AM »
Almost certainly, IMO.  It's a typical McCann basher angle:  "Even if Madeleine wasn't dumped in a bin by her parents and was abducted by a paedo she STILL wouldn't want to go back to those evil child neglector parents because they allowed her to be raped and tortured for years".   I have pointed out on more than one occasion that my parents left me in far dodgier circumstances for much longer whilst on holiday and while I recognise that they behaved wholly irresponsibly I certainly do not hate them for it, nor would I even had I come to harm as a result.  The capacity for the wronged to forgive and show empathy and understanding seems to be overlooked by some people who  imagine instead that the world is completely black and white and that if you do something foolish or irresponsible then you will be hated forever and never forgiven, even by your nearest and dearest.

She may well have consented when she reached 16.

There's no evidence Maddie was abducted by paedos, or that she's ever been raped.

But if you & Lace want to fantasise that she was raped, based on zero evidence, that say's a lot about you.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2021, 09:32:18 AM »

There would be no guarantees that a found Madeleine would have the same opinions as you do. Her personality and outlook would have been shaped by others for 14 years.

Result = happy posting.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2021, 09:46:52 AM »

I eventually forgave my mother for my miserable childhood as I came to understand her nature. I did my duty and included her in my life until her death. I didn't hate her, but I didn't love her either. I see no reason why a child separated from her birth family for 14 years should feel anything for them. So it would be up to the child to decide on the nature of any future relationship with that family.
Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2021, 09:47:40 AM »
She may well have consented when she reached 16.

There's no evidence Maddie was abducted by paedos, or that she's ever been raped.

But if you & Lace want to fantasise that she was raped, based on zero evidence, that say's a lot about you.
OK, what does it say about us?  Elucidate clearly and concisely.