Author Topic: maddie will be 18 this year  (Read 20690 times)

Offline jassi

Re: maddie will be 18 this year
« Reply #195 on: May 05, 2021, 02:30:56 PM »
But what if you did suspect or even know something?

That wasn't what was being discussed , which was - would they all have to know.

As to your question, well that would depend on what an individual suspected & whether they were willing to give the culprit the benefit of the doubt -
For example, if your best-est, best-est friend ever was involved, a person might be willing to turn a blind eye.

All IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #196 on: May 05, 2021, 02:38:12 PM »

As to your question, well that would depend on what an individual suspected & whether they were willing to give the culprit the benefit of the doubt -
For example, if your best-est, best-est friend ever was involved, a person might be willing to turn a blind eye.

All IMO

Not in my book I wouldn't.  And you asked the question of me.

But since this is all Off Topic it doesn't matter what we were discussing.

Offline barrier

« Reply #197 on: May 05, 2021, 03:53:15 PM »
It all fits what?  Certainly not the theory that Gerry disposed of his daughter’s body, unless you believe in a conspiracy to protect him perpetrated by all his holiday group?

You keep on about Gerry disposing of the girls body, that is your default position.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline barrier

« Reply #198 on: May 05, 2021, 03:54:53 PM »
So you want to ignore all the other sightings as being false...the fact is taht all these sightings...including smithman...are unrelable

Redwood's words, he obviously believed M Smith, you don't which is your prerogative but he was the DCI at the time not you.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #199 on: May 05, 2021, 03:55:57 PM »
Redwood's words, he obviously believed M Smith, you don't which is your prerogative but he was the DCI at the time not you.

I wonder what he believes now... That is more important

Offline barrier

« Reply #200 on: May 05, 2021, 03:57:07 PM »
I wonder what he believes now... That is more important

Smith it was reported doesn't recognise CB as the man he saw, Redwood is long retired.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #201 on: May 05, 2021, 04:00:04 PM »
Smith it was reported doesn't recognise CB as the man he saw, Redwood is long retired.

Smithman didn't have to be Brueckner if someone else was involved.

Offline barrier

« Reply #202 on: May 05, 2021, 04:02:51 PM »
Smithman didn't have to be Brueckner if someone else was involved.

Wasn't arguing he was,

Offline Brietta

« Reply #203 on: May 05, 2021, 06:03:41 PM »

Smith told the Judicial Police he was unable to identify anyone.  Then Mr McCluskey thought he recognised the child carrier as Madeleine's father - which was impossible as the man Mr McCluskey saw had already been identified by the Judicial Police.
Followed later by Mr Smith also identifying the child carrier as Madeleine's father although no-one else from his party agreed with him.
So I think both sightings were busted flushes.

All that happened way back in 2007.  Are you sticking with that legend or are you going to join the grownups fourteen years down the line.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline barrier

« Reply #204 on: May 05, 2021, 06:13:05 PM »
Smith told the Judicial Police he was unable to identify anyone.  Then Mr McCluskey thought he recognised the child carrier as Madeleine's father - which was impossible as the man Mr McCluskey saw had already been identified by the Judicial Police.
Followed later by Mr Smith also identifying the child carrier as Madeleine's father although no-one else from his party agreed with him.

All that happened way back in 2007.  Are you sticking with that legend or are you going to join the grownups fourteen years down the line.

Who ruled smithman out of the equation ?

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #205 on: May 05, 2021, 07:04:35 PM »

You still seem to be trying to give the impression that the two sightings were similar, when they were quite different. The main difference being that the couple seen by the McCluskeys were identified. Fourteen years later the man and child seen by the Smiths have still not been found. Whoever he was he remains an unsolved mystery and should be kept in mind as long as the case continues.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #206 on: May 05, 2021, 07:14:20 PM »
You still seem to be trying to give the impression that the two sightings were similar, when they were quite different. The main difference being that the couple seen by the McCluskeys were identified. Fourteen years later the man and child seen by the Smiths have still not been found. Whoever he was he remains an unsolved mystery and should be kept in mind as long as the case continues.

How long, Please God, how long?

I've decided there's only one thing for it.  Start praying.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #207 on: May 05, 2021, 07:20:03 PM »
Jes Wilkins would have attended if the others had. Some may believe that the PJ wanted to see the group self incriminate, but that's not what the PJ said. It seems that speculating about the PJ's motives is seen as acceptable, but speculating about the group's motives is seen as nasty and hateful.
If you can’t tell the difference between on  the one hand speculating that the police were trying to stitch up the McCanns and on the other hand speculating that the parents hid their child’s body and the crime was covered up by their friends then there really is no hope of you understanding very much IMO.   Do you have a cite for Jez Wilkins pulling out of the reconstitution on the basis that no one else would take part?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2021, 07:24:14 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #208 on: May 05, 2021, 07:21:42 PM »

All IMO
If Gerry was busy disposing of a body at a time when they said they were all together having dinner how do you think they would not have known something was seriously amiss?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #209 on: May 05, 2021, 07:22:47 PM »
You keep on about Gerry disposing of the girls body, that is your default position.
What is the significance of Smithman  to you then, if not that?  Do you believe he could have been Madeleine’s abductor?