Author Topic: It has taken fifteen years ~ is Madeleine's case close to being solved?  (Read 10509 times)

Online Eleanor

So you decided to ask a question which you aren't prepared to answer? If CB isn't the culprit then criticising the first investigation (again and again and again) isn't yet justified.

It is justified for incompetence alone.  If in fact it was just incompetence.

Online Wonderfulspam

I think it most certainly is.  If CB isn't the culprit it doesn't mean that the McCanns are, that's just idiotic. Three police forces with access to far more evidence than you will ever see have concluded it was a stranger abduction.  The likelihood of them all being wrong and the ramshackle initial investigation and a few die hard sceptics being right is incredibly small.  IMO.

How on earth could CB not be the culprit?

Wolters has conducted a very serious & extensive investigation, he is sure CB is the murderer of MM & has concrete evidence to back it up.

Do you think he is lying or just a total idiot?

Barking, honestly.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Brietta

Why were these supposedly much respected entities so vociferous in their pursuit of The McCanns when there was never any evidence against them?

The whole area was rife with paedophiles who were completely ignored.

And then suddenly, after fifteen years a paedophile is designated as an Arguido.

It seems that until then Madelaine's case remained very much on the back burner in Portugal as the Statute of Limitations chugged inexorably closer.

I still don't quite know what to make of the volte face signified by the recent arguido development.  No doubt time will tell though.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Brietta

So you decided to ask a question which you aren't prepared to answer? If CB isn't the culprit then criticising the first investigation (again and again and again) isn't yet justified.

You are getting a bit muddled here.

Read your post again.
"So you decided to ask a question which you aren't prepared to answer?"  How mind bogglingly obtuse is that statement!

Please desist from deflection and don't try to play word games with me because you really are not very good at it.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

It is justified for incompetence alone.  If in fact it was just incompetence.

Which police forces are perfect, in your opinion?
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Online Eleanor

It seems that until then Madelaine's case remained very much on the back burner in Portugal as the Statute of Limitations chugged inexorably closer.

I still don't quite know what to make of the volte face signified by the recent arguido development.  No doubt time will tell though.

I don't understand a Country which has a Statute of Limitations of fifteen years for the crime of murder.

Online Eleanor

Which police forces are perfect, in your opinion?

There is Perfect and then there is Not So Perfect.  The PJ are way below Not So Perfect.  The PJ and Amaral in particular actually make things up.

Dread Locks and Cartoons on a van when neither of these things were true.

Offline Brietta

I think it most certainly is.  If CB isn't the culprit it doesn't mean that the McCanns are, that's just idiotic. Three police forces with access to far more evidence than you will ever see have concluded it was a stranger abduction.  The likelihood of them all being wrong and the ramshackle initial investigation and a few die hard sceptics being right is incredibly small.  IMO.

I think that post is spot on.  For me the wonder of it all is the way in which refugees from that "ramshackle initial investigation and a few die hard sceptics" have managed to contribute to deflecting the aims of a missing child investigation for as long as it did.

Madeleine's case was dropped almost immediately by the Portuguese investigators in 2007 (the case co-ordinator's best seller tells us so) and was officially archived in 2018.

Effectively until the case was taken up by Scotland Yard in 2013 as a result of the campaigning and insistence of Kate and Gerry McCann there was no official investigation taking place into Madeleine McCann's disappearance.

Madeleine was denied the 'golden hours' prerequisite allotted to victims and the fact that fifteen years down the line that resistance prevails in some quarters must remain as one of the hallmarks of this particular missing child investigation.

Offline Brietta

There is Perfect and then there is Not So Perfect.  The PJ are way below Not So Perfect.  The PJ and Amaral in particular actually make things up.

Is it any wonder it has taken fifteen years for investigators to have reached the point they are now at when such obvious misinformation from those closest to the action has exemplified the conduct of this case.

I would imagine that it is unheard of for an individual still enjoying some pretence of propriety to interfere with such vehemence in an active police investigation by promoting such obvious lies.

Amaral did not know his photoshopped image was going to be exposed for the lie it most definitely was.  Acceptance of such proven deceit probably ranks as one of the most extraordinary outcomes of the many extraordinary aspects of this case.

Online Wonderfulspam

Is it any wonder it has taken fifteen years for investigators to have reached the point they are now at when such obvious misinformation from those closest to the action has exemplified the conduct of this case.

I would imagine that it is unheard of for an individual still enjoying some pretence of propriety to interfere with such vehemence in an active police investigation by promoting such obvious lies.

Amaral did not know his photoshopped image was going to be exposed for the lie it most definitely was.  Acceptance of such proven deceit probably ranks as one of the most extraordinary outcomes of the many extraordinary aspects of this case.

What?  A dead end, you mean?

Offline G-Unit

The Portuguese are proud of the PJ, so it seems your opinions are not universally shared. In fact PJ bashing seems to be a McCann supporter trait, for obvious reasons.
Result = happy posting.

Online Eleanor

The Portuguese are proud of the PJ, so it seems your opinions are not universally shared. In fact PJ bashing seems to be a McCann supporter trait, for obvious reasons.

It isn't difficult.  The PJ mistakes are glaringly obvious.

Offline G-Unit

It isn't difficult.  The PJ mistakes are glaringly obvious.

Does this have any bearing on whether Madeleine's case is close to being solved? The Germans don't seem to have convinced you.
Result = happy posting.

Online Wonderfulspam

Does this have any bearing on whether Madeleine's case is close to being solved? The Germans don't seem to have convinced you.

They have, but they also haven't, you see, a bit of cognitive dissonance never hurt anybody.

Online Eleanor

I like to see evidence, which doesn't seem to be one of your priorities.

But if you want a toss up between The McCanns and Brueckner there is no contest.

As for being close to being solved.  I am sticking with Wolters for now, although I don't much care what Brueckner gets banged up for, while you appear to favour Rapists and Paedophiles.