Disappeared and Abducted Children and Young Adults > Madeleine McCann (3) disappeared from her parent's holiday apartment at Ocean Club, Praia da Luz, Portugal on 3 May 2007. No trace of her has ever been found.

Wandering Off Topic

(1/3077) > >>

pegasus:
This thread is for posts which wandered off topic on other threads.

ShiningInLuz:

--- Quote from: pegasus on February 20, 2016, 12:35:47 AM ---This thread is for posts which wandered off topic on other threads.

--- End quote ---
I have thought for a while that a small topic index would be of use.

I seem to be having quite major problems with the forum software since I upgraded to Windows 10.  A lot of features that worked before have ceased to work now.

One of those is the Search feature.  If I search for something I know for certain exists, I get told there is nothing.  Hence I have a propensity towards topic drift, simply because I cannot find the right one.

I don't know exactly what the top 10 or top 20 topics would be, but surely the dogs, Smithman, Tannerman, Operation Grange and PJ/Gonçalo Amaral would be in there.

Alice Purjorick:

--- Quote from: ShiningInLuz on February 20, 2016, 02:13:11 PM ---I have thought for a while that a small topic index would be of use.

I seem to be having quite major problems with the forum software since I upgraded to Windows 10.  A lot of features that worked before have ceased to work now.

One of those is the Search feature.  If I search for something I know for certain exists, I get told there is nothing.  Hence I have a propensity towards topic drift, simply because I cannot find the right one.

I don't know exactly what the top 10 or top 20 topics would be, but surely the dogs, Smithman, Tannerman, Operation Grange and PJ/Gonçalo Amaral would be in there.

--- End quote ---

Being facetious by nature SiL I thought a starter for 10 would be good.
Dogs...........some swear by 'em others at 'em. Hard to see why K9s have been used for 30 years or more if they are so kin useless.
Smithman...... some think is he is a figment of the imagination. O.G. don't however if one was to believe what DCI Andy said in October 2013
Tannerman.... greased by DCI Andy over two years ago. Consign to the bin.
O.G...remains on going but with reduced staff since the back end of last year (October I think). Was that because they were within an ace of arrests (four months ago?!) or just winding down.
P.J.... still doing something but we don't really know what. They have primacy however.
Sr Amaral.... yesterday's man; nuff said.

ShiningInLuz:

--- Quote from: Alice Purjorick on February 20, 2016, 02:25:01 PM ---Being facetious by nature SiL I thought a starter for 10 would be good.
Dogs...........some swear by 'em others at 'em. Hard to see why K9s have been used for 30 years or more if they are so kin useless.
Smithman...... some think is he is a figment of the imagination. O.G. don't however if one was to believe what DCI Andy said in October 2013
Tannerman.... greased by DCI Andy over two years ago. Consign to the bin.
O.G...remains on going but with reduced staff since the back end of last year (October I think). Was that because they were within an ace of arrests (four months ago?!) or just winding down.
P.J.... still doing something but we don't really know what. They have primacy however.
Sr Amaral.... yesterday's man; nuff said.

--- End quote ---
To be honest, I was thinking of a sticky with topics and a link to the correct thread, a sort of forum sitemap.

Wandering off topic (can one on this thread?) the latest info on Tannerman was Dec 2015, when in a very curious response, SY said they were still looking for more info on him, and the public should follow that line of thinking.

Alice Purjorick:

--- Quote from: ShiningInLuz on February 20, 2016, 02:33:00 PM ---To be honest, I was thinking of a sticky with topics and a link to the correct thread, a sort of forum sitemap.

Wandering off topic (can one on this thread?) the latest info on Tannerman was Dec 2015, when in a very curious response, SY said they were still looking for more info on him, and the public should follow that line of thinking.

--- End quote ---

Tell us more. I missed that on the Met website; where is it?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version