Welcome to the UK Justice Forum > Admin introduction, forum rules, colours and requests for documents and photos.

Suggestion for moderation

(1/13) > >>

mercury:
Would it be an interesting useful idea to revisit moderation? Just an idea

When all are in the midst of a discussion and suddenly posts here and there disappear, should there not be, as there is on other forums, a note aganst a deleted or moderated post with reasons....

Shouldnt be an issue because there are clear rules and if posters are told exactly ehat is wring n their posts might help?

John:

--- Quote from: mercury on December 02, 2015, 11:02:11 PM ---Would it be an interesting useful idea to revisit moderation? Just an idea

When all are in the midst of a discussion and suddenly posts here and there disappear, should there not be, as there is on other forums, a note aganst a deleted or moderated post with reasons....

Shouldnt be an issue because there are clear rules and if posters are told exactly ehat is wring n their posts might help?

--- End quote ---

An impossible task given the number of posts at times. 

Everyone knows the rules by now, post off topic and you risk them being removed or moved to another thread.  We have to run a tight ship otherwise chaos would prevail.  That said however, we are always looking for ways to improve the forum and its moderation so thank you for the suggestion.

mercury:
How about when receiving a warning for x transgression but given no details of the post that was objectionable from an unsigned and unanswerable pm? One might be scratching ones head thnking.
At least please include a post quote?

John:

--- Quote from: mercury on May 07, 2016, 12:01:15 AM ---How about when receiving a warning for x transgression but given no details of the post that was objectionable from an unsigned and unanswerable pm? One might be scratching ones head thnking.
At least please include a post quote?

--- End quote ---

I have revisited this issue several times mercury but there isn't a simple solution.  I have found that it is better to remove an offending post completely rather than replace its content with a mod comment.

When issuing a warning, a moderator can link to any offending post by clicking on the little orange triangle with a white exclamation mark within it positioned beside the "report to moderator" tag. Note:  Only moderators, editors and staff members can see this orange triangle.  It could be that new moderators are not aware of this, there is a brief note about it on the forum but could very easily be missed.  I will issue a note to all editing staff immediately about this. 

The downside however is that posts which are deleted cannot be linked to.

Hopefully, this should sort things out.

mercury:
Thanks for that John. The warning was about goading and seeing as goading can be seen by bogh posters and obviously mods in different ways , along with no info, left me with no clue where to remedy my ways.

I would like to say I look forward to seeing your reminder to staff implemented but hopefully wont need to.

8)--))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version