Author Topic: German court rules prosecutor no jurisdiction in Madeleine McCann case.  (Read 13885 times)

Offline Brietta

Re: German court rules prosecutor no jurisdiction in Madeleine McCann case.
« Reply #60 on: April 21, 2023, 07:37:29 PM »

So all that is really happening is that Brueckner's lawyer is doing his job and the best that can be done for him is to delay the inevitable.

It is also confirmed that the BKA are in overall control of the situation very much in line with what Mr Gray has been saying for some time.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #61 on: April 22, 2023, 12:13:32 PM »
According to Bild, Fülscher first questioned Braunschweig's jurisdiction in September 2022, so it's not a recent move.
https://www.bild.de/news/inland/news-inland/prozess-geplatzt-kommt-der-maddie-verdaechtige-bald-frei-83639416.bild.html

It is the prosecutors, not the police who direct the gathering of evidence and it's the prosecutors who charge people. If the jurisdiction changes the evidence will be packed up by Braunschweig prosecutors and handed to the prosecutors in the new area.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #62 on: April 22, 2023, 01:29:22 PM »
According to Bild, Fülscher first questioned Braunschweig's jurisdiction in September 2022, so it's not a recent move.
https://www.bild.de/news/inland/news-inland/prozess-geplatzt-kommt-der-maddie-verdaechtige-bald-frei-83639416.bild.html

It is the prosecutors, not the police who direct the gathering of evidence and it's the prosecutors who charge people. If the jurisdiction changes the evidence will be packed up by Braunschweig prosecutors and handed to the prosecutors in the new area.

I think you are going from the sublime to the ridiculous here and I think if you really know little about a subject it is best not to display your ignorance so prominently.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #63 on: April 22, 2023, 02:11:08 PM »
I think you are going from the sublime to the ridiculous here and I think if you really know little about a subject it is best not to display your ignorance so prominently.

What is it that you think I'm getting wrong, Senior Moderator?
Result = happy posting.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #64 on: April 22, 2023, 02:32:56 PM »

Taking your information from newspapers ... a practice which you apparently deplore.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #65 on: April 22, 2023, 02:33:41 PM »

Insults on a par with Barrier now, is it?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #66 on: April 22, 2023, 02:34:33 PM »

Pretending an expertise on German law.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #67 on: April 22, 2023, 02:40:03 PM »

So you are suggesting the BKA have no detectives who have an input in what they invesigate..doesn't sound right
Wolters has said if the jurisdiction is changed two of his staff will go to the new jurisdiction and help with the prosecution

Offline Brietta

« Reply #68 on: April 22, 2023, 02:40:58 PM »
Insults on a par with Barrier now, is it?

You beat me to that one Eleanor.  It was next on my list, but anyway I'm bored now with it all so I'll call a halt now.

Online Eleanor

« Reply #69 on: April 22, 2023, 02:56:05 PM »
You beat me to that one Eleanor.  It was next on my list, but anyway I'm bored now with it all so I'll call a halt now.

Good idea.  Hopefully.

Offline Brietta

« Reply #70 on: April 22, 2023, 03:37:59 PM »

From what I know of any criminal investigations the prosecution has no input into investigating or evidence gathering, deciding only if it is sufficient to lay charges to present for prosecution.

I rather think some people who are caught up in personality rather than substance and misconceptions about what Herr Walters actual role is.  It was never only his show - it was always a joint effort with BKA in the lead.

I think 'spokesperson' is the word they might be looking for but very obviously haven't found yet.

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #71 on: April 22, 2023, 05:13:39 PM »
From what I know of any criminal investigations the prosecution has no input into investigating or evidence gathering, deciding only if it is sufficient to lay charges to present for prosecution.

I rather think some people who are caught up in personality rather than substance and misconceptions about what Herr Walters actual role is.  It was never only his show - it was always a joint effort with BKA in the lead.

I think 'spokesperson' is the word they might be looking for but very obviously haven't found yet.

Yes, we can't have 'spokesman' wouldn't want to assume Wolters gender identity now.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #72 on: April 22, 2023, 06:57:49 PM »

In Germany it varies. The police have an obligation to investigate every single crime reported. The prosecutor's office has the duty to investigate and pursue any matter in its jurisdiction as soon as it learns that a criminal offence may have been committed.

Prosecutors are authorized to undertake investigations themselves or can request the police to do so and the police are obliged to carry out such requests. Moreover, prosecutors can order witnesses and expert witnesses to testify before them.

A prosecutor is usually only involved from the very beginning in homicide or serious white-collar crime cases. Police also contact prosecutors at an early stage when significant publicity is expected or they need help gaining a judicial arrest or search warrant etc., or when the Ermittlungsrichter is to interrogate a witness.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_prosecutor%27s_office_(Germany)

Result = happy posting.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #73 on: April 22, 2023, 07:26:40 PM »
In Germany it varies. The police have an obligation to investigate every single crime reported. The prosecutor's office has the duty to investigate and pursue any matter in its jurisdiction as soon as it learns that a criminal offence may have been committed.

Prosecutors are authorized to undertake investigations themselves or can request the police to do so and the police are obliged to carry out such requests. Moreover, prosecutors can order witnesses and expert witnesses to testify before them.

A prosecutor is usually only involved from the very beginning in homicide or serious white-collar crime cases. Police also contact prosecutors at an early stage when significant publicity is expected or they need help gaining a judicial arrest or search warrant etc., or when the Ermittlungsrichter is to interrogate a witness.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_prosecutor%27s_office_(Germany)
Can you envisage a scenario in which the prosecutor asks the police to investigate an individual under suspicion for a specific crime but the police investigating actually disagree that the individual committed the crime and are basically doing years of legwork under duress?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #74 on: April 22, 2023, 07:28:40 PM »
Can you envisage a scenario in which the prosecutor asks the police to investigate an individual under suspicion for a specific crime but the police investigating actually disagree that the individual committed the crime and are basically doing years of legwork under duress?

Does that happen?
Result = happy posting.