Author Topic: The Defence Will State Their Case  (Read 600130 times)

Offline Real justice

Re: The Defence Will State Their Case
« Reply #4515 on: May 28, 2019, 01:05:22 PM »
That was a very polite reply to what i was thinking!

Maybe less posting on a forum and more talking to someone who can help! this is crazy!
I think there’s enough for a whole conference

Offline [...]

« Reply #4516 on: May 28, 2019, 01:22:59 PM »
The question is your behaviour... A response in a group like pack animals, bullying tactics to undermine, and try and erode anyones beliefs....

Think it's time you found someone else to gang up on... The game is over...

jixy

« Reply #4517 on: May 28, 2019, 01:25:45 PM »
The question is your behaviour... A response in a group like pack animals, bullying tactics to undermine, and try and erode anyones beliefs....

No one is ganging up. You post for a reaction, one of the reasons to have a forum surely? we dont agree with your findings so suddenly we are bullies?

Yet you can trample all over Jo's memory CJ the family her boyfriend with your weird and wonderful theories and we arent allowed to say...stop just a minute that is unfair?

Offline Caroline

« Reply #4518 on: May 28, 2019, 01:40:19 PM »

Then answer the bloody question! How does sending a text to Tanja mean he must have had JY's voice on his phone?

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4519 on: May 28, 2019, 02:15:23 PM »
Therefore the only conclusion I can come to was that he somehow had Joanna Yeates voice on his phone, in one form or another...

But on saying that... the conclusion I would come to is he therefore had to know Joanna Yeates in some capacity...

Why would everyone therefore pretend he didn't know her?  Because Vinnie said he didn’t

NOPE  he said this “ and although I didn’t know Miss Yeates, I am deeply saddened by what happened.”

Tabak said “although I didn’t know Miss Yeates, I am deeply saddened by what happened.”
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 03:32:44 PM by Real justice »

jixy

« Reply #4520 on: May 28, 2019, 02:23:15 PM »
Vinnie  @)(++(*

Offline Caroline

« Reply #4521 on: May 28, 2019, 03:28:40 PM »
And so there is a silent interlude while six dots  hopes we'll forget about the recent (deliberate) blunder, write another stream of garbage and totally ignore the question. When confronted we'll get the usual "But I am only trying to make sense of this case .... etc" - You'll never make sense of this case until you can see that your approach is non-sense!

Offline APRIL

« Reply #4522 on: May 28, 2019, 03:38:41 PM »
That was a very polite reply to what i was thinking!

Maybe less posting on a forum and more talking to someone who can help! this is crazy!

I have already suggested some sort of therapy, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears...............or might that be, in this context, blind eyes?

Offline APRIL

« Reply #4523 on: May 28, 2019, 03:42:36 PM »

Promises, promises! How many more times are you going to deliver empty promises?

Offline Real justice

« Reply #4524 on: May 28, 2019, 04:06:56 PM »

Don't be so hard No Name, why don’t you get your parents  or some adult to proof read your post before posting, that way we might be able to understand your beliefs 8((()*/

Offline mrswah

• Senior Moderator
  • Thinking outside the box, as usual-------
« Reply #4525 on: May 28, 2019, 05:09:20 PM »
A reminder: please treat members of this forum with respect.  Thank you!

Offline Caroline

« Reply #4526 on: May 28, 2019, 07:59:18 PM »
A reminder: please treat members of this forum with respect.  Thank you!

I don't think anyone has been disrespectful, in fact people have shown a great deal of patience to some absolutely ludicrous suggestions. When challenged, said person just ignores any questions; only to repeat the same things again. Said person has also been asked to stop posting long unreadable texts but continues to flout the requests.

Surely a forum works on the power of debate, how can you debate with someone who can't even be bothered to answer questions? Questions which have been raised in response to statements they themselves have made. I think THAT is disrespectful!

jixy

« Reply #4527 on: May 29, 2019, 08:42:32 AM »

I find being compared to pack animals very disrespectful too! Guess it would be ok if we all replied at around the same time if we were champions for Tabak?

No one is eroding anyone's beliefs apart from you! Tabak says he was guilty he feels bad for what he has done and we agree as did the Jury when deciding if it was murder or manslaughter

Not sure if you expect us to agree with you to make you feel better. Me personally? I am on the side of Jo and her memory being treated with respect!!!

Offline [...]

« Reply #4528 on: May 29, 2019, 09:01:39 AM »
I find being compared to pack animals very disrespectful too! Guess it would be ok if we all replied at around the same time if we were champions for Tabak?

No one is eroding anyone's beliefs apart from you! Tabak says he was guilty he feels bad for what he has done and we agree as did the Jury when deciding if it was murder or manslaughter

Not sure if you expect us to agree with you to make you feel better. Me personally? I am on the side of Jo and her memory being treated with respect!!!

If we go back to the beginning jixy, maybe my remark will make more sense... I have been called names and all sorts on here, then posters chip in to support the remarks that are made about me, even going as far as to suggest I was A A. So I feel it is a valid point I make..

Offline [...]

« Reply #4529 on: May 29, 2019, 09:04:57 AM »
Even though this account of Dean Armstrongs isn't verified I am under the impression it has to be his account based on the tweets and retweets and this tweet he 'liked' about himself from Nick Sutton of the BBC"s Editor of News website.

Nick Sutton

Verified account

@suttonnick
Follow Follow @suttonnick
More
LISTEN: Vincent Tabak's barrister, Dean Armstrong, on the impact social media is having on justice in UK.  #wato

7:01 AM - 29 Dec 2011
10 Retweets 1 Like Dean ArmstrongLaurenceVicklawmentor.co.ukHarrietClare CampbellLegal WeekClare Precey
0 replies 10 retweets 1 like
Reply    Retweet  10   Like  1

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/152403828199796736

This has a recording of Dean Armstrong talking about the impact of social media and the case of Dr Vincent Tabak.

Dean Armstrong Retweeted

The Daily Record

Verified account

@Daily_Record
 24 Oct 2011
More
UK & World News: Joanna Yeates murder trial: Neighbour tells he heard no screams on night Vincent Tabak strangle... http://bit.ly/qQeqeK
0 replies 1 retweet 0 likes
Reply    Retweet  1   Like 

https://twitter.com/Daily_Record/status/128474613637316608

Is it usual for a lawyer to retweet a case he's worked on?

Retweets are difficult to know when someone has actually done the retweeting I can't assume it was done on the 24th October 2011, even though at first I thought this was the case.. And Mr Armstrong would have made a school boy error if that was the date he retweeted this tweet.

The article mentions Mr Armstrong, I suppose he liked seeing his name in the papers..

The tiny url leads to this article:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2011/10/24/joanna-yeates-murder-trial-neighbour-tells-he-heard-no-screams-on-night-vincent-tabak-strangled-tragic-jo-86908-23511935/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Joanna Yeates murder trial: Neighbour tells he heard no screams on night Vincent Tabak strangled tragic Jo

Geoffrey Hardyman, who lives in the flat on the top floor of 44 Canynge Road, said he was ill with a cold on the night of December 17 last year.

ByDailyrecord.co.uk
14:45, 24 OCT 2011 UPDATED19:55, 1 JUL 2012

A neighbour of Joanna Yeates did not hear any screams on the night she died at the hands of Vincent Tabak, a court heard today.

Geoffrey Hardyman, who lives in the flat on the top floor of 44 Canynge Road, said he was ill with a cold on the night of December 17 last year.

He said that even though he had gone to bed at 11pm - after Miss Yeates was killed by Tabak - he heard nothing of the events inside her ground floor flat.

Bristol Crown Court heard that Mr Hardyman knew nothing of the 25-year-old landscape architect's disappearance until he was told on the following Monday by her and Tabak's landlord Christopher Jefferies.

"On Friday December 17 2010 I fell ill with a cold and stayed in all day," Mr Hardyman said in a statement read to jurors by junior defence counsel Dean Armstrong.

"I was unaware of any activity outside my flat. I went to bed at 11pm. I slept really well until 6.30am.

"The following morning I felt worse and cancelled a lunch appointment that day.

"I sat in my flat all day Saturday and Sunday and was unaware of anything out of the ordinary outside of my flat.

"I finally become aware that Joanna was missing when Christopher Jefferies told me on Monday morning."

The retired teacher, who has owned his flat for around 20 years, said he had met Miss Yeates and her boyfriend Greg Reardon briefly.

"I actually only met Greg and Joanna on three occasions while I was working in the garden," he said.

"I have had a friendly conversation with Joanna about her cat who I like to see in the garden.

"I would describe them both as nice and friendly and I was impressed with them."

Miss Yeates's parents, David and Teresa, and her boyfriend Mr Reardon sat in the public gallery to hear Mr Hardyman's statement read to the court.

After the statement had been read, William Clegg QC formally closed the defence case.

Jurors were told to return to court tomorrow when closing speeches by prosecutor Nigel Lickley QC and Mr Clegg will begin.

Tabak, 33, a Dutch engineer, denies murder but has pleaded guilty to Miss Yeates's manslaughter.

Her snow-covered frozen body was found by dog walkers on Christmas Day last year in Longwood Lane, Failand, North Somerset - about three miles from where she was last seen alive in Clifton.

Jurors have been told that Tabak was arrested on January 20 after a DNA swab he gave matched that of samples found on Miss Yeates's body and clothing.

Giving evidence Tabak tearfully apologised to her family for putting them through hell.

He said his actions were "horrendous" as he showed jurors with his own hand how he strangled his next-door neighbour.

Tabak said he had been attracted to her and "made a pass at her" when she invited him in.

The trial continues.

Slightly inappropriate retweeting about a case from a media report, even if your name is mentioned. (imo) It hardly is an example of ones work, seeing as the defence lost.

Another tweet about Dean from Nick

Nick Sutton

Verified account

@suttonnick
Follow Follow @suttonnick
More
Dean Armstrong, lawyer for Vincent Tabak, tells #wato concerns about Twitter "assuaged" in his case and backs televising court proceedings.
5:26 AM - 29 Dec 2011
1 Retweet 1 Like Dean Armstrong
1 reply 1 retweet 1 like

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/152379997963821056

Dr Vincent Tabak's lawyer would like court proceedings to be televised in his case, does that mean the case against Dr Vincent tabak?

Don't know what other cases he did at the time.

I mentioned a school boy error.. The timing of the retweet is vital to know, as it could be seen that it had been tweeted whilst the trial was still active and not concluded...

But sometimes I think these actions are done deliberately, As if the trial by media of Dr Vincent Tabak in itself was a test
to see how it played out whilst a trial took place.... And if social media is let loose would it compromise a trial?

Then I come back to whether this case is real or not... Or was it an exercise in handling the media whether it be the tabloids or social media..

Too much information about this case was in the public domain from day one, all over social media, and on the TV... So much so, that nothing was a surprise at trial, realistically... No-one questioned when details changed slightly... Going from no significant injuries to 43 significant injuries.

Is this case basically about the media and social media?  I keep thinking about The Leveson and The Papers being taken to court for contempt, but how can the papers be in contempt, when CJ was never charged with anything, so it wouldn't prejudice a trial...

This case is back to front.... Making no sense to me...
But I am no expert, so I may have made school boy errors myself...