Author Topic: Death-of-teenager-nora-quoirin-coroner-rules-out-involvement-of-others  (Read 26973 times)

Offline The General

Re: Death-of-teenager-nora-quoirin-coroner-rules-out-involvement-of-others
« Reply #135 on: January 05, 2021, 12:56:35 PM »
I don't know but the headmaster of her school definitely did, and he said she would not have been capable of wandering off.  But what does he know, eh?  I'm sure those who never knew the girl at all are in a much better position to judge exactly what she was capable of.
I'm actually of the opinion that there's more to it than just simple wandering off. What that is I've no idea.
If she were my child I'd also be deeply unhappy with the misadventure verdict, as it's a bit of a cop-out, but not quite as much as 'open', which could almost mean anything.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #136 on: January 05, 2021, 01:01:30 PM »
I don't know but the headmaster of her school definitely did, and he said she would not have been capable of wandering off.  But what does he know, eh?  I'm sure those who never knew the girl at all are in a much better position to judge exactly what she was capable of.

She wasn't at school though was she?  Nora was in an environment which amazed her, she was in awe of everything and that alone was the beginning of the end for her. It's just very unfortunate that the searchers chose to prioritise other areas nearer the camp because of the information the parents provided to them.

If the parents of a missing child insist that their child cannot go far unaccompanied then you don't look for them a mile away, you concentrate your resources nearby.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 01:03:33 PM by Angelo222 »
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline The General

« Reply #137 on: January 05, 2021, 01:01:38 PM »
Thank you jassi. The way some people here are posting one would think the coroner made up her findings just for fun...how pathetic.
Having read that it looks to have been a competent, robust process, which delivered an honest verdict.
Again, I'm not sure I totally agree, but then I know very little about the case, so am in no position to judge.
I do know the jungle is an unforgiving hell. You don't have to stray too far from the beaten path to find yourself irredeemably and hopelessly lost, even during the day.
Maybe not so much on a resort.

Offline The General

« Reply #138 on: January 05, 2021, 01:04:16 PM »
She wasn't at school though was she?  Nora was in an environment which amazed her, she was in awe of everything and that alone was the beginning of the end for her. It's just very unfortunate that the searchers chose to prioritise other areas nearer the camp because of the information the parents provided to them.
Good point. If they're looking for someone with mental and physical impediments, then of course they're going to limit the search area to her likely sphere of travel.

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #139 on: January 05, 2021, 01:07:38 PM »
I love it when you go all po-faced and sanctimonious.   I lived in Malaysia for years, but thanks for the further education, always much appreciated - and of course I know that corruption just isn't a feature of Malaysian life at all at all at all.

I don't think The General is interested in personal knowledge.  Or the fact that women weren't largely subjected to head coverings in my day.  They can please themselves although I don't think they actually do.  Please themselves that is.

Offline The General

« Reply #140 on: January 05, 2021, 01:14:52 PM »
I don't think The General is interested in personal knowledge.  Or the fact that women weren't largely subjected to head coverings in my day.  They can please themselves although I don't think they actually do.  Please themselves that is.
I'm deeply interested in personal knowledge, but it must be revealed for it to be subsumed.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #141 on: January 05, 2021, 01:15:08 PM »

A doctor, and preferably a consultant would have carried weight as an expert witness. He or she could have testified that it was impossible for Nora to walk and climb. The parents and her teacher could only testify as to what they believed was impossible for her. I'm surprised no expert testimony was offered.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #142 on: January 05, 2021, 01:18:30 PM »
Having read that it looks to have been a competent, robust process, which delivered an honest verdict.
Again, I'm not sure I totally agree, but then I know very little about the case, so am in no position to judge.
I do know the jungle is an unforgiving hell. You don't have to stray too far from the beaten path to find yourself irredeemably and hopelessly lost, even during the day.
Maybe not so much on a resort.

Nora, apparently, left the resort and entered the surrounding jungle.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline The General

« Reply #143 on: January 05, 2021, 01:25:37 PM »
Nora, apparently, left the resort and entered the surrounding jungle.
At night? 15 metres in and you're lucky if you can discern any visible light. How far did away was she found (I should really read all this I suppose).

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #144 on: January 05, 2021, 01:25:43 PM »
I'm deeply interested in personal knowledge, but it must be revealed for it to be subsumed.

I lived in Singapore and VS lived in Singapore and Malaysia.  My youngest son is a Singapore Citizen.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #145 on: January 05, 2021, 01:52:50 PM »
She wasn't at school though was she? Nora was in an environment which amazed her, she was in awe of everything and that alone was the beginning of the end for her. It's just very unfortunate that the searchers chose to prioritise other areas nearer the camp because of the information the parents provided to them.

If the parents of a missing child insist that their child cannot go far unaccompanied then you don't look for them a mile away, you concentrate your resources nearby.
It's almost as if you knew the child personally and were with her at the time - incredible.  You are completely contradicting yourself by the way - her parents "insisted" she was kidnapped, so why would that mean searchers would prioritise areas nearer the camp based on what the parents told them?  You're making no sense at all.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #146 on: January 05, 2021, 01:53:59 PM »
A doctor, and preferably a consultant would have carried weight as an expert witness. He or she could have testified that it was impossible for Nora to walk and climb. The parents and her teacher could only testify as to what they believed was impossible for her. I'm surprised no expert testimony was offered.
Have you read the full court transcript then?  A doctor could also only offer an opinion, same as parents and teachers, however it seems that the opinions of those who never knew the child at all have taken precedence.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 01:56:20 PM by Vertigo Swirl »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Brietta

« Reply #147 on: January 05, 2021, 02:03:27 PM »

I believe it is procedure to start a search at the last known location of the missing person and work out from there.
A member of a rescue team searches for Nora Quoirin in Malaysia.
Picture by AP Photo/Lai Seng Sin
"The circumstances surrounding her death remain a complete mystery. Nora was barefoot and dressed only in her underwear when she disappeared from an open hall window of her holiday bungalow on the first night of the family’s holiday.

"Sniffer dogs only picked up her trail about 100 metres from the lodge, and how a child with special needs could have walked nearly two miles into dense forest and through a steep ravine is mystifying.

"Everyone is very upset and we have agonised over how she ended up in a waterfall area that had been combed by search teams in the first seven days."

Early on Saturday the family issued a statement asking the media to only rely on comments issued on their behalf by the Lucie Blackman Trust (LBT) charity.

The statement said: "The family of Nóra Quoirin would like to clarify several comments that have been attributed to the family or to people claiming to act on behalf of the family.

"They wish it to be made absolutely clear that the only comments and statements relating to the disappearance, death, investigation and any other matters that are actually from the family are those released via Matthew Searle of the Lucie Blackman Trust."

It added: "Any other comments and views are those of the speaker and do not necessarily reflect the views of the immediate family or an accurate portrayal of the facts."

https://www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandnews/2019/08/19/news/-inexperienced-searchers-may-have-missed-clues-in-nora-quoirin-hunt-1687888/
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Angelo222

« Reply #148 on: January 05, 2021, 02:04:00 PM »
It's almost as if you knew the child personally and were with her at the time - incredible.  You are completely contradicting yourself by the way - her parents "insisted" she was kidnapped, so why would that mean searchers would prioritise areas nearer the camp based on what the parents told them?  You're making no sense at all.

Because the search was for a child who had strayed and NOT a kidnap victim.
De troothe has the annoying habit of coming to the surface just when you least expect it!!

Je ne regrette rien!!

Offline John

« Reply #149 on: January 05, 2021, 02:11:45 PM »
This case has stirred up quite a few emotions among members which is interesting.

Please keep to the facts when posting as per forum policy. TY
A malicious prosecution for a crime which never existed. An exposé of egregious malfeasance by public officials.
Indeed, the truth never changes with the passage of time.