Off Topic and General Discussions > Off topic, general discussions and the Wide Awake Club.

The Murder of Lin and Megan Russell - Michael Stone

(1/16) > >>

John:
On 9 July 1996, three bodies were found in a little leafy copse beside a country lane in Chillenden, Kent. Mother, Dr Lin Russell, 45, and her two daughters, Megan, six and Josie, nine, had all suffered brutal head injuries caused by a blunt instrument. They had been tied up and their family dog, Lucy, was also found dead nearby. The head injuries looked so bad that Lin’s husband and the girls’ father, Dr Shaun Russell, was initially told that they had all died. Unbelievably, Josie was still alive, albeit barely. She was transferred immediately to King’s College hospital in London, where she was saved. In years to come, she made an even more miraculous recovery.

Battered: Lin Russell with Josie and Megan. Even their pet dog Lucy was killed in the attack.

The three Russells had been returning on foot from a swimming gala at about 4:20 pm along the country lane, when a car passed them. Josie even recalled waving to the driver in the car. As they walked further down the lane, the car was parked across the track, and its driver, a man, got out of the car with a hammer. He demanded money from them. Lin had left her money and purse at home but offered to go back to the house with him to get him the money, which he refused. Lin then told Josie to run to the nearest house to get help.

The man grabbed Josie and hit her on the head with a hammer but inflicted only a slight injury. He then walked the three of them and the dog off the track into a dense copse, where he tied them up with strips torn from Josie’s blue swimming towel, a bootlace and a pair of tights. He then hit Lin on the head at least 15 times, causing severe head trauma and killing her. Josie’s skull was smashed; brain tissue was protruding from a wound behind her left ear and there were several lacerations to her skull. There was extensive tearing to the covering of her brain. Megan had been hit at least seven times, suffering massive skull fractures with exposed brain tissue.

After the attack, the man got into his car and drove back along the way he had come. About half an hour after the murders had taken place, a man was spotted a mile away from the murder scene in an agitated state. The string bag containing bloodied towel strips was dropped in a hedgerow and the man then left the vicinity.

thedarkman:
This is a reply to both. I am personally absolutely convinced of Stone's innocence. There appears to be no CCTV but the bootlace is not dead. I can't say more on that at the moment but hopefully soon.

Some time ago Stone and I went over his movements and he is fairly confident that on the day of the murders he was elsewhere. The reasoning behind that is lengthy but basically when he was questioned by Kent Police they confused him over the dates - it was nearly a year later, remember.

He believes that he was almost certainly in a certain place and that maybe an hour or less before the murders he made a phone call from a public phone box. Below is a link to the fruitless correspondence. The CCRC also blanked me. I've seen this sort of garbage before directed at me personally; it proves they're hiding something. Few people can understand the depths to which they will sink in order to protect their own, or even to frame the innocent. But that does not include Jeremy Bamber.

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/JDgkAj887O3nqPd0Lo%2Bkiw

John:

--- Quote from: thedarkman on December 01, 2012, 05:41:15 PM ---This is a reply to both. I am personally absolutely convinced of Stone's innocence. There appears to be no CCTV but the bootlace is not dead. I can't say more on that at the moment but hopefully soon.

Some time ago Stone and I went over his movements and he is fairly confident that on the day of the murders he was elsewhere. The reasoning behind that is lengthy but basically when he was questioned by Kent Police they confused him over the dates - it was nearly a year later, remember.

He believes that he was almost certainly in a certain place and that maybe an hour or less before the murders he made a phone call from a public phone box. Below is a link to the fruitless correspondence. The CCRC also blanked me. I've seen this sort of garbage before directed at me personally; it proves they're hiding something. Few people can understand the depths to which they will sink in order to protect their own, or even to frame the innocent. But that does not include Jeremy Bamber.

http://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/JDgkAj887O3nqPd0Lo%2Bkiw

--- End quote ---

You don't need to worry about Jeremy, most of us know enough about his case to know the truth.  I am very interested in Michael's case though and if he was 40 miles away surely there is a way to prove it.

Having seen both sides of our justice system Alexander I can assure you I take nothing for granted any more.  I look forward to your participation in the forum.

Sandy:
Could we start a Michael Stone topic if darkman agrees to fill us in on the facts?

Padgates staff:
I think in some quaters they think Levi Bellfield did the crime (the Russell family murders) and not Michael Stone.

http://michaelstone.co.uk/
This looks a really good read.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version