Author Topic: Why is the government not doing something about these illegal immigrants?  (Read 10141 times)

Offline Wonderfulspam

• Executive Member
  • Not All Men
Re: Why is the government not doing something about these illegal immigrants?
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2021, 11:35:21 AM »
Why would some migrants / refugees / asylum seekers prefer to get to the UK as opposed to any of the other countries in the EU (of which the UK used to be a member)?

There's never an answer to this.

These 'refugees' flee the war torn country they are persecuted in, arrive in safe Europe where they have the choice of settling in any number of nice warm countries, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy, or economically prosperous countries such as Germany.

But no, they don't want to stay there, they want to risk their lives in rubber dinghies heading for Britain, where the weather is dreadful, housing is expensive, knife crime is rife & the country is full of anti immigrant racists.

I notice a record number of 'refugees' fleeing the horrors of war & persecution in continental Europe, drowned in the channel this week.

It has been described as a tragedy.

I think the bigger tragedy is that it doesn't happen to more of them.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Carana

• Executive Member
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2021, 12:07:15 AM »
I disagree that it's ALL about Brexit, but, IMO, it certainly hasn't helped.

The UK migrant dilemma - it's all about Brexit
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-59369179

Offline Carana

• Executive Member
« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2021, 12:26:20 AM »
This is getting way too serious now but Johnson refuses to go to Dover to sort it out and instead sends pretty bloody useless Priti Patel, the daughter of Indian immigrants. Time somebody with some English blood in their veins took control.

That's 17,000 too many for sure.

I have little time for Pratel, for reasons that have nothing to do with her origins.

What do you consider to be "English blood"? Dating back to when?

Offline Carana

• Executive Member
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2021, 12:28:51 AM »
There's never an answer to this.

These 'refugees' flee the war torn country they are persecuted in, arrive in safe Europe where they have the choice of settling in any number of nice warm countries, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy, or economically prosperous countries such as Germany.

But no, they don't want to stay there, they want to risk their lives in rubber dinghies heading for Britain, where the weather is dreadful, housing is expensive, knife crime is rife & the country is full of anti immigrant racists.

I notice a record number of 'refugees' fleeing the horrors of war & persecution in continental Europe, drowned in the channel this week.

It has been described as a tragedy.

I think the bigger tragedy is that it doesn't happen to more of them.

Why would you wish more people fleeing desperate situations to die?

NB: I hesitated to tell you that I found that comment abhorrent, as I'm well aware that that would have made your day and I usually ignore your shock-jock tactics, but I found that that really crosses the line of human decency.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2021, 07:56:31 AM by Carana »

Offline Carana

• Executive Member
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2021, 12:33:49 AM »
I cannot understand why our government is allowing this to happen ever day. It is like they have lost control of our immigration system. 😡😡😡

In all the Brexit ra ra of "regaining control of our borders", I think they may have glossed over the fact that, by the same token, the UK is no longer a party to the EU /Schengen Dublin regulations.

Offline Wonderfulspam

• Executive Member
  • Not All Men
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2021, 12:42:30 AM »
Why would you wish more people fleeing desperate situations to die?

What desperate situation were they fleeing in Northern France?

The last lot were from Iraq apparently, so likely passed through Turkey, Bulgaria, Croatia, Austria, possibly Germany etc before reaching France.

None of those countries are unsafe, so there's only personal choice & no actual threat to their safety that made them selfish enough to bypass legitimate migration procedures & attempt to enter the country via risky criminal trafficking.

To hell with them.

Offline Carana

• Executive Member
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2021, 01:08:25 AM »
A bit of background reading (from August 2020) on the UN Refugee Convention and the Dublin System.

Where should asylum seekers apply for asylum?

The UN Refugee Convention is silent on where asylum seekers should apply. Its definition of ‘refugee status’ does not exclude people based on whether they entered a territory illegally or could have applied elsewhere.

However, the Dublin system is based on the idea that an application should only be considered once by one of the participating countries, and sets out criteria to determine which country that is and a process to transfer the people concerned to that country if necessary.

The Dublin rules are often described as allocating responsibility to the country which an asylum-seeker first entered. But this is an over-simplification....

It then explains why that's an over-simplification.
https://ukandeu.ac.uk/the-dublin-regulation-an-overview/

Offline Venturi Swirl

• Veteran Member
  • 66 Warnings Since Joining!
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2021, 07:15:51 AM »
What desperate situation were they fleeing in Northern France?

The last lot were from Iraq apparently, so likely passed through Turkey, Bulgaria, Croatia, Austria, possibly Germany etc before reaching France.

None of those countries are unsafe, so there's only personal choice & no actual threat to their safety that made them selfish enough to bypass legitimate migration procedures & attempt to enter the country via risky criminal trafficking.

To hell with them.
And you wonder why you receive personal abuse?  If you’re views are sincere then that makes you a disgusting individual in my book, if they were written only to cause a reaction then that makes you a silly, spiteful child.  IMO.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

• Executive Member
  • Not All Men
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2021, 07:25:21 AM »
And you wonder why you receive personal abuse?  If you’re views are sincere then that makes you a disgusting individual in my book, if they were written only to cause a reaction then that makes you a silly, spiteful child.  IMO.

I'm still not sure why my views on migrants should entitle you to insult me personally, can you explain?

You can disagree with my views if you like, but that still doesn't give you the right to insult me.

Offline Venturi Swirl

• Veteran Member
  • 66 Warnings Since Joining!
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2021, 07:31:49 AM »
I'm still not sure why my views on migrants should entitle you to insult me personally, can you explain?

You can disagree with my views if you like, but that still doesn't give you the right to insult me.
So sorry for any distress caused to you personally but I do find your views repellent on this subject and your modus operandi on this forum generally to be childish and an embarrassment to the rest of us posting here, I hope I have the right to express my point of view, but by all means report my posts if they have upset you overly.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

• Executive Member
  • Not All Men
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2021, 07:36:18 AM »
So sorry for any distress caused to you personally but I do find your views repellent on this subject and your modus operandi on this forum generally to be childish and an embarrassment to the rest of us posting here, I hope I have the right to express my point of view, but by all means report my posts if they have upset you overly.

I'm still not sure what's so reprehensible about my views on these criminals selfishly & illegally crossing the channel.

Maybe we should just open the tunnel to all undocumented foot passengers because f..k it, what's the point in having passport control & international borders anyway.

Offline Carana

• Executive Member
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2021, 07:58:50 AM »
Before reading to the bottom of the page, I added an NB to my earlier post to you, copied again here.

NB: I hesitated to tell you that I found that comment abhorrent, as I'm well aware that that would have made your day and I usually ignore your shock-jock tactics, but I found that that really crosses the line of human decency.

Offline Wonderfulspam

• Executive Member
  • Not All Men
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2021, 08:17:29 AM »

Well I have absolutely no respect for selfish idiots stupidly attempting to cross one of the worlds busiest shipping lanes using flimsy rubber dinghies, funding criminal traffickers in the process, when the whole of the continent they already passed through was perfectly adequate for them to claim asylum in.

f..k them, no sympathy from me, should have just applied for a visa.

Offline Carana

• Executive Member
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2021, 08:22:18 AM »
I'm still not sure what's so reprehensible about my views on these criminals selfishly & illegally crossing the channel.

Maybe we should just open the tunnel to all undocumented foot passengers because f..k it, what's the point in having passport control & international borders anyway.

It is not a crime to seek asylum.

Offline Wonderfulspam

• Executive Member
  • Not All Men
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2021, 08:26:11 AM »

It is not a crime to seek asylum.

Why do they need asylum from France?