Author Topic: Mark Redwine v 16 cadaver dogs  (Read 60536 times)

Offline ShiningInLuz

Mark Redwine v 16 cadaver dogs
« on: August 08, 2019, 04:25:52 PM »
My backlog is already full, and I want to gets this parked now.

Mark Redwine is about to go to trial in September, for the 2012 murder of his 13 year old son Dylan, and disposing of the body, in Durango, Colorado.

A judge has listened to statements from 2 or more of the dog handlers, and Mary Cablk, who opined that cadaver odour would not be detected a week after removal of a body.  The judge has ruled that the cadaver dog alerts may be presented at trial.

https://durangoherald.com/articles/273928

https://www.kob.com/new-mexico-news/judge-rules-cadaver-dog-evidence-to-be-allowed-in-redwine-murder-case/5427302/

I have no idea about the bulk of the facts in this case, so I am not predicting the outcome.

I am interested in finding out more about the evidence.  And how the prosecution decides to use the dog alerts.  And how defence expert Mary Cablk chooses to refute this.

What is the group name for 16 cadaver dogs?  A posse?
What's up, old man?

Offline Holly Goodhead

Re: Mark Redwine v 16 cadaver dogs
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2019, 06:23:02 PM »
Once again it seems to me that all concerned are unaware that the odour is capable of being transferred around on inanimate objects and that direct contact with a corpse is not necessary for the dogs to alert.

Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline jassi

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2019, 06:26:39 PM »
Once again it seems to me that all concerned are unaware that the odour is capable of being transferred around on inanimate objects and that direct contact with a corpse is not necessary for the dogs to alert.

Don't worry about it.
The McCann case is never going to be resolved, let alone brought to court, so what the dogs alerted to is of no consequence
IMO
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2019, 06:30:55 PM »

imo thats absolute rubbsih....im sure all the experts involved are aware of that. grime mentioned cross contamination in his report..

Could the alert have been given because the clothes had been in contact with other items of clothing, surfaces or objects that could previously have touched a cadaver, thereby allowing the odour to be transferred''
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 06:37:44 PM by Davel »

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 06:38:21 PM »
imo thats absolute rubbsih....im sure all the experts involved are aware of that. grime mentioned cross contamination in his report

Davel you use the term "absolute rubbish" with such frequency I've become desensitized to it.

If your claim above is true perhaps you can explain why the PJ only investigated whether or not anyone died in 5A as opposed to whether or not any contaminated items were present or had at some time been present.
Just my opinion of course but Jeremy Bamber is innocent and a couple from UK, unknown to T9, abducted Madeleine McCann - motive unknown.  Was J J murdered as a result of identifying as a goth?

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 06:40:01 PM »

Don't worry about it.
The McCann case is never going to be resolved, let alone brought to court, so what the dogs alerted to is of no consequence
IMO
You’re absolutely right to say the dog alerts are of no consequence, but I don’t think you can state with certainty that the case is never going to resolved, unless you are a time traveler visiting from the future.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline jassi

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 06:41:53 PM »
You’re absolutely right to say the dog alerts are of no consequence, but I don’t think you can state with certainty that the case is never going to resolved, unless you are a time traveler visiting from the future.

Lets wait and see who is correct   8)--))
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2019, 06:42:56 PM »
Lets wait and see who is correct   8)--))
How many years have you got left?
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Eleanor

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2019, 06:45:54 PM »
Davel you use the term "absolute rubbish" with such frequency I've become desensitized to it.

If your claim above is true perhaps you can explain why the PJ only investigated whether or not anyone died in 5A as opposed to whether or not any contaminated items were present or had at some time been present.

Silly Question.  Davel can't do that.

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2019, 06:46:34 PM »
I've removed the last 2 posts: irrelevant to thread topic and goading. 

Offline Holly Goodhead

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2019, 06:56:27 PM »
Silly Question.  Davel can't do that.

I don't think it is a silly question.  I would suggest the reason is that those involved in 2007 were unaware of the potential for contamination via inanimate objects. 

The links I've posted re contamination are post 2007.

http://library.college.police.uk/docs/npia/Operation-Paris.pdf

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/51385143_Cadaver_dogs_-_A_study_on_detection_of_contaminated_carpet_squares

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2019, 06:59:18 PM »

as I have said before...the pj did not understand the nature of the alerts. I think most others did...that the alerts can be as  a result of cross contamination. The suggestion in the mathews case is nothing new to those who understand the alerts  I stand by my view that a false alert can always be explaiined way by unknown contamination...thats why its impossible to prove a false alert...except in the case of the coconut of course. ...but it could always be claimed the coconut had been in contact with a cadaver

Offline barrier

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 07:02:35 PM »

Something must have been in direct contact initially surely.
This is my own private domicile and I shall not be harassed, biatch:Jesse Pinkman Character.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2019, 07:03:09 PM »
I don't think it is a silly question.  I would suggest the reason is that those involved in 2007 were unaware of the potential for contamination via inanimate objects. 

The links I've posted re contamination are post 2007.

http://library.college.police.uk/docs/npia/Operation-Paris.pdf

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/51385143_Cadaver_dogs_-_A_study_on_detection_of_contaminated_carpet_squares

I absolutely gree ...the PJ were unaware of the possibility of cross contamination...grime wasnt ...he knew...hence his answer to this question in his rog.

Could the alert have been given because the clothes had been in contact with other items of clothing, surfaces or objects that could previously have touched a cadaver, thereby allowing the odour to be transferred''...

Grime went on to eplain about cross contamination

.anyone who undersatnds the alerts knows about cross contamination...that doesnt include the initial PJ investigation unfortunately

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2019, 07:06:27 PM »
My backlog is already full, and I want to gets this parked now.

Mark Redwine is about to go to trial in September, for the 2012 murder of his 13 year old son Dylan, and disposing of the body, in Durango, Colorado.

A judge has listened to statements from 2 or more of the dog handlers, and Mary Cablk, who opined that cadaver odour would not be detected a week after removal of a body.  The judge has ruled that the cadaver dog alerts may be presented at trial.

https://durangoherald.com/articles/273928

https://www.kob.com/new-mexico-news/judge-rules-cadaver-dog-evidence-to-be-allowed-in-redwine-murder-case/5427302/

I have no idea about the bulk of the facts in this case, so I am not predicting the outcome.

I am interested in finding out more about the evidence.  And how the prosecution decides to use the dog alerts.  And how defence expert Mary Cablk chooses to refute this.

What is the group name for 16 cadaver dogs?  A posse?

ive read alot about the case. The decision to admit the cadver dog evidence is based on the decision in other cases to allow tracker dog evidence...the same reasoning has been used . Theres a 35 page challenge to this which ive skimmed through....i can probably find it again at sometime