Author Topic: Irish teen Nóra Quoirin (15) disappears while on holiday in Malaysia.  (Read 60015 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Irish teen Nóra Quoirin (15) disappears while on holiday in Malaysia.
« Reply #120 on: August 28, 2019, 06:54:18 PM »
I find Nick van der Leek's style of writing awkward to read.  I'm surprised he is well read author.  Maybe the problem is mine!
Is he one of those armchair detective cum self-published author cum [ censored word ]s that proliferate the internet? 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #121 on: August 29, 2019, 11:29:09 AM »
So there was a downstairs bedroom. Is that where she slept I wonder. Given Nora's problems I wondered if she was on medication and wondered why her family never mentioned the fact. Gastrointestinal problems are associated with her condition.
https://crimerocket2.com/2019/08/16/the-critical-detail-in-the-nora-quoirin-case-that-everyone-is-missing/

Thank ypou for this Jassi and G.

We were talking about this last week at work:

from a poster @ https://crimerocket2.com/2019/08/16/the-critical-detail-in-the-nora-quoirin-case-that-everyone-is-missing/

"proton pump inhibitors. stops stomach acid production. I’ve taken omeprazole for a low grade ulcer and gastritis. If you need it, it’s not a good idea to stop taking it abruptly. "
Julie W
AUGUST 17, 2019 AT 5:13 PM
Well I think it might explain the internal bleeding referred to in the pm as being caused by hunger and stress. Which sounded a bit odd. If you need these your stomach acid is causing inflammation in your stomach lining or gastro intestinal tract. This risks very bad inflammation or ulcers that can then lead to a GI bleed which is a medical emergency. If you need them and abruptly stop taking them your stomach acid is going to be pumping out and further damaging the area that was already at risk. Sadly it is also painful and makes you feel very sick.

It has all gone a bit quiet on the newsfront?
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #122 on: August 29, 2019, 01:10:12 PM »

Thank ypou for this Jassi and G.

We were talking about this last week at work:

from a poster @ https://crimerocket2.com/2019/08/16/the-critical-detail-in-the-nora-quoirin-case-that-everyone-is-missing/

"proton pump inhibitors. stops stomach acid production. I’ve taken omeprazole for a low grade ulcer and gastritis. If you need it, it’s not a good idea to stop taking it abruptly. "
Julie W
AUGUST 17, 2019 AT 5:13 PM
Well I think it might explain the internal bleeding referred to in the pm as being caused by hunger and stress. Which sounded a bit odd. If you need these your stomach acid is causing inflammation in your stomach lining or gastro intestinal tract. This risks very bad inflammation or ulcers that can then lead to a GI bleed which is a medical emergency. If you need them and abruptly stop taking them your stomach acid is going to be pumping out and further damaging the area that was already at risk. Sadly it is also painful and makes you feel very sick.

It has all gone a bit quiet on the newsfront?

Apparently the family have left for an unknown destination and funeral arrangements are underway.
https://extra.ie/2019/08/29/news/irish-news/nora-quoirin-funeral
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Miss Taken Identity

« Reply #123 on: August 29, 2019, 09:17:35 PM »
Apparently the family have left for an unknown destination and funeral arrangements are underway.
https://extra.ie/2019/08/29/news/irish-news/nora-quoirin-funeral

Hmm strange they have not announced an independant  autopsy being carried out OR the results.  I understand they will want privacy at this very sad time,but believing she was abducted they would want to highlight this surely.

Before anyone asks or tells me what I think.  I do not know what happened, I wasn't there. I don't hate the parents and I don't think they murdered their daughter.
'Never underestimate the power of stupid people'... George Carlin

Offline Brietta

« Reply #124 on: December 17, 2019, 07:04:42 PM »
Parents of Nora Quoirin say there was a ‘criminal element’ in daughter’s death
UK News | Published: Less than an hour ago

Police in Malaysia said they found no evidence of abduction or kidnapping.

The parents of a teenager found dead in a Malaysian jungle while on a family holiday say they believe there was a “criminal element” involved in the death of their daughter.

Speaking publicly for the first time since the death, Meabh and Sebastian Quoirin say they want “truth and justice” for their daughter Nora, who was found dead after a 10-day search around the Malaysian jungle resort of Dusun in August.

In the exclusive interview with Ireland’s state broadcaster RTE, Ms Quoirin said that she has many questions about her 15-year-old daughter’s death.

However, police in Malaysia said they found no evidence of abduction or kidnapping.

Ms Quoirin said during Tuesday’s interview, that it would have been “impossible physically mentally to imagine that she could have got any distance at all”.

“For us something very complex happened,” she added.

“We have insisted from the beginning that we believe there was a criminal element to what happened.

“And crucially we’re struggling because it was difficult to get resources in place fast enough to investigate a criminal angle.

“While a post mortem when it comes through may give us answers, and has already given us some basic answers around what caused Nora’s death, it doesn’t explain any of how she could possibly have got to where she was found.”

A post-mortem examination revealed Nora died from internal bleeding probably caused by hunger and stress.

https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/uk-news/2019/12/17/parents-of-nora-quoirin-say-there-was-a-criminal-element-in-daughters-death/
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #125 on: December 17, 2019, 08:25:45 PM »
I wonder if Nora’s parents’ insistence that Their daughter was the victim of crime will be met with the same level of ridicule and abuse as the McCanns?  I certainly hope not, and that they get the answers they seek.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #126 on: December 17, 2019, 08:35:39 PM »
I wonder if Nora’s parents’ insistence that Their daughter was the victim of crime will be met with the same level of ridicule and abuse as the McCanns?  I certainly hope not, and that they get the answers they seek.

I don't think anyone seriously believes that Nora's parents dunnit, so no, they're not likely to be ridiculed & abused in the same way as the McCanns.

However, I do think it was rather foolish of them, taking their severely mentally handicapped daughter to a bleedin jungle. She'd have been much safer in PDL IMO.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #127 on: December 17, 2019, 08:49:14 PM »
I don't think anyone seriously believes that Nora's parents dunnit, so no, they're not likely to be ridiculed & abused in the same way as the McCanns.

However, I do think it was rather foolish of them, taking their severely mentally handicapped daughter to a bleedin jungle. She'd have been much safer in PDL IMO.
She was not “severely mentally handicapped” and it was a luxury resort, not a tent in the forest.  Apart from that I’m sure your criticism was perfectly justified. 

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #128 on: December 17, 2019, 09:04:44 PM »
She was not “severely mentally handicapped” and it was a luxury resort, not a tent in the forest.  Apart from that I’m sure your criticism was perfectly justified.

Her family said she wasn't independent & didn't go anywhere alone.
She had learning disabilities, couldn't speak or coordinate properly.
Couldn't make or receive phone calls or wash her hair.

Sounds severely mentally handicapped to me.

Offline jassi

« Reply #129 on: December 17, 2019, 09:07:43 PM »
Guardians says -  "The body of the 15-year-old, who had severe learning difficulties, was discovered less than two miles from an eco-holiday resort where her family had been staying."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/17/nora-quoirin-family-dismiss-unhelpful-speculation-over-death
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #130 on: December 17, 2019, 09:30:45 PM »
Guardians says -  "The body of the 15-year-old, who had severe learning difficulties, was discovered less than two miles from an eco-holiday resort where her family had been staying."

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/17/nora-quoirin-family-dismiss-unhelpful-speculation-over-death

I am bemused.  What are members suggesting here?  Is it the expectation that the obviously much loved Nora should have been treated as sub-human and deprived of the enjoyment of a holiday in the company of her family?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline jassi

« Reply #131 on: December 17, 2019, 09:35:06 PM »
I am bemused.  What are members suggesting here?  Is it the expectation that the obviously much loved Nora should have been treated as sub-human and deprived of the enjoyment of a holiday in the company of her family?

What a weird interpretation of a factual statement.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Brietta

« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2019, 09:52:22 PM »
What a weird interpretation of a factual statement.

Don't you think this is a weird statement ??

"However, I do think it was rather foolish of them, taking their severely mentally handicapped daughter to a bleedin jungle. She'd have been much safer in PDL IMO."
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10966.msg565782#msg565782

If not ... can you explain why you agree that Nora should not have been taken on a luxury holiday with her family?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2019, 10:03:09 PM »
Don't you think this is a weird statement ??

"However, I do think it was rather foolish of them, taking their severely mentally handicapped daughter to a bleedin jungle. She'd have been much safer in PDL IMO."
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?topic=10966.msg565782#msg565782

If not ... can you explain why you agree that Nora should not have been taken on a luxury holiday with her family?

The jungle is full of dangerous stuff like spiders & snakes & waterfalls & stuff.

What's wrong with Butlins?

Offline Brietta

« Reply #134 on: December 17, 2019, 10:08:53 PM »
The jungle is full of dangerous stuff like spiders & snakes & waterfalls & stuff.

What's wrong with Butlins?

Why do you advocate that people with disabilities should be unlawfully discriminated against.