Author Topic: Irish teen Nóra Quoirin (15) disappears while on holiday in Malaysia.  (Read 59781 times)

Offline Venturi Swirl

Re: Irish teen Nóra Quoirin (15) disappears while on holiday in Malaysia.
« Reply #150 on: December 18, 2019, 09:03:15 AM »
So you seriously believe she was abducted do you?

For what purpose?  Just to take her for a walk around the jungle?
I don’t know if she was abducted or not.  Her parents seem to think so.  A walk around the jungle?    Perhaps she was taken with the intention of holding her for ransom, or to be abused, or to be used in witchcraft, or to punish the tourists, there are other reasons apart from “a walk in the jungle”. 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 07:05:23 PM by Robittybob1 »
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #151 on: December 18, 2019, 11:33:25 AM »
I don’t know if she was abducted or not.  Her parents seem to think so.  A walk around the jungle?   Perhaps she was taken with the intention of holding her for ransom, or to be abused, or to be used in witchcraft, or to punish the tourists, there are other reasons apart from “a walk in the jungle”.

I think Nora's parents find it more comforting to believe in a criminal element as oppose to accepting they may have failed her by way of taking her to a dangerous area & not preventing her from wandering off.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 07:06:10 PM by Robittybob1 »
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #152 on: December 18, 2019, 11:53:06 AM »
I think Nora's parents find it more comforting to believe in a criminal element as oppose to accepting they may have failed her by way of taking her to a dangerous area & not preventing her from wandering off.
You also think that a "severely mentally handicapped" half naked, barefoot 15 year old who "can't even brush her own hair" was able to survive independently in rugged jungle terrain for over a week AND managed to find her own way to the waterfall.  I'm not really very impressed by what you think tbh. 
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #153 on: December 18, 2019, 11:59:46 AM »
You also think that a "severely mentally handicapped" half naked, barefoot 15 year old who "can't even brush her own hair" was able to survive independently in rugged jungle terrain for over a week AND managed to find her own way to the waterfall.  I'm not really very impressed by what you think tbh.

Given the fact that the autopsy found no abuse or foul play, her wandering off & starving to death is the most likely scenario.
It's either that or the waterfall guides/child abductors took her away & gave her a stomach ulcer.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #154 on: December 18, 2019, 11:59:52 AM »
On what planet is it more comforting to believe that your child was stolen by strangers than simply wandered off by herself?  In both cases you would blame yourself for not being there for your child to protect her -  the thought of your child being violated by malevolent human beings is surely as horrific to contemplate as any other scenario?

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #155 on: December 18, 2019, 12:04:36 PM »
On what planet is it more comforting to believe that your child was stolen by strangers than simply wandered off by herself?  In both cases you would blame yourself for not being there for your child to protect her -  the thought of your child being violated by malevolent human beings is surely as horrific to contemplate as any other scenario?

It's absolves them of responsibility if they believe & claim the waterfall guides/child abductors took her.

Offline The General

« Reply #156 on: December 18, 2019, 12:06:28 PM »
In fairness, and I know almost nothing about this case and don't intend to learn, but being found 1.6 miles from the base, in a clear state of malnourishment, I doubt foul play is a factor. Water is not a problem in the jungle, neither is food, but it's obviously alive with all sorts of harmful shit, any of which she may have come in to contact with.
I'd expect a fully cognisant adult to last weeks in the jungle if they don't have an accident, receive a toxic bite or eat some poisonous shit.
A vulnerable, mentally impaired, semi-clad child? Days.

*edit: depending on the time of day, walk 10 metres in to the primary jungle and you could find any lights shining externally will probably not be visible.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 12:15:33 PM by The General »
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2019, 12:09:46 PM »
It's absolves them of responsibility if they believe & claim the waterfall guides/child abductors took her.
They are absolved of all responsibility whatever happened.  I don't see anyone attempting to charge them with anything do you?  What crime have they committed in your opinion?

Offline jassi

« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2019, 12:12:13 PM »
They are absolved of all responsibility whatever happened.  I don't see anyone attempting to charge them with anything do you?  What crime have they committed in your opinion?

Of course they aren't.
They had a responsibility of care.
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Wonderfulspam

« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2019, 12:17:01 PM »

I'm not talking criminal responsibility.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2019, 12:17:57 PM »
In fairness, and I know almost nothing about this case and don't intend to learn, but being found 1.6 miles from the base, in a clear state of malnourishment, I doubt foul play is a factor. Water is not a problem in the jungle, neither is food, but it's obviously alive with all sorts of harmful shit, any of which she may have come in to contact with.
I'd expect a fully cognisant adult to last weeks in the jungle if they don't have an accident, receive a toxic bite or eat some poisonous shit.
According to her parents Nora had serious coordination problems and was wholly dependent on her family, yet she managed to survive more than a week in hostile terrain, in a jungle crawling with spiders and snakes, in thick vegetation, steep hills too.  It seems from reports that her body was not badly marked despite her week long exposure to insects, animals, vegetation, etc.  She also managed to get herself to the waterfall - this a girl who according to Spam was "severely mentally handicapped".  Surely some pause for thought there, or does that all seem perfectly plausible to you?  I guess it does, but it is a matter of opinion.  From the latest report it seems that another post mortem was conducted (if I'm reading it right) so maybe that will shed more light...

Offline Brietta

« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2019, 12:20:57 PM »

Since you do not know much about the case you will not have noticed the rough terrain footwear being worn I think without exception by those walking in the jungle paths.

Did the post mortem identify insect bites ~ scratches from vegetation ~ lacerated feet or any other signs of jungle living on Nora's body.

The fact that the lack of food in her stomach appears to be the only noteworthy conclusion is in my opinion something which raises many questions requiring satisfactory answers which satisfy Nora's parents.
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2019, 12:21:02 PM »
Of course they aren't.
They had a responsibility of care.
Which IMO they acquitted perfectly well, except in the eyes of judgemental b........s on the internet.  No doubt they blame themselves anyway.  It can't be easy losing a child in such circs, and I'm sure their pain is not lessened knowing that the chattering classes are putting the boot into them somewhere in cyberspace at any given moment. 

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2019, 12:22:25 PM »

*edit: depending on the time of day, walk 10 metres in to the primary jungle and you could find any lights shining externally will probably not be visible.
I would say water is a massive problem... Clean water that is. Drinking water from a stream would almost certainly cause dysentery with death in a couple of days

Offline The General

« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2019, 12:29:01 PM »
I would say water is a massive problem... Clean water that is. Drinking water from a stream would almost certainly cause dysentery with death in a couple of days
Clean water is generally abundant in tropical conditions. No streams required (although you could climb upstream and check for carcasses of dead animals, etc)
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum