Author Topic: Irish teen Nóra Quoirin (15) disappears while on holiday in Malaysia.  (Read 60067 times)

Offline The General

Re: Irish teen Nóra Quoirin (15) disappears while on holiday in Malaysia.
« Reply #165 on: December 18, 2019, 12:34:27 PM »
According to her parents Nora had serious coordination problems and was wholly dependent on her family, yet she managed to survive more than a week in hostile terrain, in a jungle crawling with spiders and snakes, in thick vegetation, steep hills too.  It seems from reports that her body was not badly marked despite her week long exposure to insects, animals, vegetation, etc.  She also managed to get herself to the waterfall - this a girl who according to Spam was "severely mentally handicapped".  Surely some pause for thought there, or does that all seem perfectly plausible to you?  I guess it does, but it is a matter of opinion.  From the latest report it seems that another post mortem was conducted (if I'm reading it right) so maybe that will shed more light...
4 days wasn't it? Sounds about right.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2019, 12:38:38 PM »
Clean water is generally abundant in tropical conditions. No streams required (although you could climb upstream and check for carcasses of dead animals, etc)

I understand  clean water is readily available... rainwater on leaves etc... But I doubt she would realise that and take the plentiful option... Streams

The locals can drink stream water but tourists cant

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2019, 12:40:53 PM »

Given the fact that the autopsy found no abuse or foul play, her wandering off & starving to death is the most likely scenario.
It's either that or the waterfall guides/child abductors took her away & gave her a stomach ulcer.
..depends how reliable the PM was... It sounds decidely dodgy to me

Offline The General

« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2019, 12:41:27 PM »
I understand  clean water is readily available... rainwater on leaves etc... But I doubt she would realise that and take the plentiful option... Streams
Stop it now. See water drink water. I don't think she had the capacity to think any deeper than that. As you stated, rain water is on leaves, ffs. It's EVERYWHERE!

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2019, 12:44:04 PM »
Stop it now. See water drink water. I don't think she had the capacity to think any deeper than that. As you stated, rain water is on leaves, ffs. It's EVERYWHERE!

See water.. Drink water... Streams ...contaminated with bacteria harmless to locals but not to tourists.
You aren't the only one to have been in a jungle

Offline The General

« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2019, 12:45:59 PM »
..depends how reliable the PM was... It sounds decidely dodgy to me
Of course it does. But consider the scrutiny on the coroner from the world's press, the Malaysian PM, etc. You'd better make this the best autopsy you've ever frickin done pal!

Offline The General

« Reply #171 on: December 18, 2019, 12:47:06 PM »
See water.. Drink water... Streams ...contaminated with bacteria harmless to locals but not to tourists.
You aren't the only one to have been in a jungle
Nobody walks past water to find water. Not even you.

....and Rocket Pool doesn't quite count as 'the jungle'.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 12:51:23 PM by The General »

Offline jassi

« Reply #172 on: December 18, 2019, 12:50:34 PM »
Police to contact Nora Quoirin’s family on claims made in foreign media (Updated)
Charles Ramendran /
18 Dec 2019 / 20:22 H.

https://www.thesundaily.my/local/police-to-contact-nora-quoirin-s-family-on-claims-made-in-foreign-media-updated-HH1801292

added
  "The full post-mortem report on the teenager’s death is expected to be ready next year."
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 12:55:21 PM by jassi »
I believe everything. And l believe nothing.
I suspect everyone. And l suspect no one.
I gather the facts, examine the clues... and before   you know it, the case is solved!"

Or maybe not -

OG have been pushed out by the Germans who have reserved all the deck chairs for the foreseeable future

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #173 on: December 18, 2019, 12:51:23 PM »
The whole episode seems odd.... The parents certainly think so.  The PM result seems odd . I think there could be more to this than the authorities have led us to believe.  I'm keeping an open mind

Offline pathfinder73

« Reply #174 on: December 18, 2019, 12:52:27 PM »
Things can be missed in searches the first time like that body. If there was any evidence of foul play then you should know about it. They did a post mortem.
Smithman carrying a child in his arms checked his watch after passing the Smith family and the time was 10:03. Both are still unidentified 10 years later.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #175 on: December 18, 2019, 12:55:19 PM »

....and Rocket Pool doesn't quite count as 'the jungle'.

You have no idea, where I've travelled and that's the way it will stay

Offline The General

« Reply #176 on: December 18, 2019, 12:57:57 PM »
The whole episode seems odd.... The parents certainly think so.  The PM result seems odd . I think there could be more to this than the authorities have led us to believe.  I'm keeping an open mind
I am too. I've got no info apart from knowledge of the terrain (not Malaysia). There may be foul play, but it's equally likely that she wandered off, disorientated, then once under the canopy you're more or less fcked without help.

Offline The General

« Reply #177 on: December 18, 2019, 12:59:53 PM »
You have no idea, where I've travelled and that's the way it will stay
But you've just told me you've been to the jungle, so I now know that, despite your vow not to tell me.
And you've been to Rocket Pool, Wulvuramtpun.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #178 on: December 18, 2019, 01:00:38 PM »
I am too. I've got no info apart from knowledge of the terrain (not Malaysia). There may be foul play, but it's equally likely that she wandered off, disorientated, then once under the canopy you're more or less fcked without help.

It seems there may be the results of a second PM in the new year.  That may we'll be interesting.

Offline Mr Gray

« Reply #179 on: December 18, 2019, 01:02:54 PM »
But you've just told me you've been to the jungle, so I now know that, despite your vow not to tell me.
And you've been to Rocket Pool, Wulvuramtpun.
Never heard of Rocket Pool and my only visit to Wolverhampton will be when they play the football team I follow