Author Topic: Irish teen Nóra Quoirin (15) disappears while on holiday in Malaysia.  (Read 60071 times)

Online Wonderfulspam

Re: Irish teen Nóra Quoirin (15) disappears while on holiday in Malaysia.
« Reply #255 on: January 07, 2020, 09:13:05 PM »
Meabh said that it would have been "impossible physically, mentally to imagine that she [Nora] could have got any distance at all".

"She never even walked as far as our neighbours' front door by herself," she added.

"To think that Nora might get up in the middle of the night, naked, barefoot, get out of the bungalow into the jungle, bearing in mind the terrain is extremely steep and dangerous, in total darkness, makes absolutely no sense," he told RTÉ.

"We think it is absurd to think about this possibility."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-50829844

Nora's father didn't discover she was missing until 8am, therefore she wouldn't necessarily have had to left the bungalow "in the middle of the night, in total darkness",  it being August at the time it was probably light by 5:30 or 6 am imo.
I stand with Putin. Glory to Mother Putin.

Offline The General

« Reply #256 on: January 07, 2020, 09:16:52 PM »
One thing her parents have never said is that she could not have simply walked off on her own... Which would suggest she could
Yeh, it's getting old now.
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Brietta

« Reply #257 on: January 07, 2020, 09:32:56 PM »

Nora's father didn't discover she was missing until 8am, therefore she wouldn't necessarily have had to left the bungalow "in the middle of the night, in total darkness",  it being August at the time it was probably light by 5:30 or 6 am imo.

You are wrong.  Time of sunrise for August 2019 averages around 7.10am.
https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/malaysia/seremban?month=8&year=2019
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #258 on: January 07, 2020, 09:35:33 PM »

Approx 40:00

'Nora wouldn't know that she needed to eat & drink to stay alive.'

https://www.rte.ie/player/movie/quoirin-interview/121261608142

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #259 on: January 07, 2020, 09:39:36 PM »
You are wrong.  Time of sunrise for August 2019 averages around 7.10am.

Twilight would begin some time before 7:00 then, IMO it wouldn't be total darkness until 7:00.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #260 on: January 07, 2020, 10:24:58 PM »
Twilight would begin some time before 7:00 then, IMO it wouldn't be total darkness until 7:00.
Twilight in Malaysia is very short, around 30 minutes at most.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #261 on: January 07, 2020, 10:56:35 PM »
Supposing she left at first light, let's say anywhere between 6:30, 7:00. That would still give her a couple of hours head start before any search parties were organised & out IMO.

Even with some limited mobility she could still make a fair distance in that time IMO.

After that it's like looking for a needle in the jungle. She could have gone in any number of directions.

I just can't buy the criminal element theory, assuming her post mortem was accurate, no bruising, no sexual abuse & she was found lying with her head on her hands as if she were sleeping.

Whatever happened it's a tragedy & I don't believe it's the fault of the resort, however I wouldn't be surprised if the Quoirins are successful in some way with their civil suit.

Offline G-Unit

« Reply #262 on: January 08, 2020, 12:07:04 AM »
I feel for the family, but it seems wrong that another family should suffer too by being sued. This resort is a family affair and it's purpose is to enable others to share the unique setting, the peace and the wildlife and it provides some local employment. Children under 12 yoa stay free. It's not a purely commercial venture.
Read and abide by the forum rules.
Result = happy posting.
Ignore and break the rules
Result = edits, deletions and unhappiness
http://miscarriageofjustice.co/index.php?board=2.0

Offline Brietta

« Reply #263 on: January 08, 2020, 01:33:24 AM »
Supposing she left at first light, let's say anywhere between 6:30, 7:00. That would still give her a couple of hours head start before any search parties were organised & out IMO.

Even with some limited mobility she could still make a fair distance in that time IMO.

After that it's like looking for a needle in the jungle. She could have gone in any number of directions.

I just can't buy the criminal element theory, assuming her post mortem was accurate, no bruising, no sexual abuse & she was found lying with her head on her hands as if she were sleeping.

Whatever happened it's a tragedy & I don't believe it's the fault of the resort, however I wouldn't be surprised if the Quoirins are successful in some way with their civil suit.

Please do not "suppose" an invented time for first light, it is unnecessary to do so when the actual time has already been indicated to you.
There is no first light until sunrise which from the 1st until the 12th of August is on record as being 07:11am; from the 13th until the 20th of August sunrise was recorded at 07:10am; until by the 31st the sun rises at 07:07.

When you have an accurate time available to you why introduce a time which is wrong?
"All I'm going to say is that we've conducted a very serious investigation and there's no indication that Madeleine McCann's parents are connected to her disappearance. On the other hand, we have a lot of evidence pointing out that Christian killed her," Wolter told the "Friday at 9"....

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #264 on: January 08, 2020, 07:27:50 AM »
I feel for the family, but it seems wrong that another family should suffer too by being sued. This resort is a family affair and it's purpose is to enable others to share the unique setting, the peace and the wildlife and it provides some local employment. Children under 12 yoa stay free. It's not a purely commercial venture.
It is purely a commercial venture, it exists for no other reason that I can see.
"Surely the fact that their accounts were different reinforces their veracity rather than diminishes it? If they had colluded in protecting ........ surely all of their accounts would be the same?" - Faithlilly

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #265 on: January 08, 2020, 07:30:46 AM »
Please do not "suppose" an invented time for first light, it is unnecessary to do so when the actual time has already been indicated to you.
There is no first light until sunrise which from the 1st until the 12th of August is on record as being 07:11am; from the 13th until the 20th of August sunrise was recorded at 07:10am; until by the 31st the sun rises at 07:07.

When you have an accurate time available to you why introduce a time which is wrong?

Sunrise is at 8:04 in the UK today, it's now 7:30 & beginning to get light,  maybe things work differently in Malaysia, the sky remains bathed in pitch darkness until god turns the lights on full at precisely 7:10.

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #266 on: January 08, 2020, 07:32:39 AM »
Sunrise is at 8:04 in the UK today, it's now 7:30 & beginning to get light,  maybe things work differently in Malaysia, the sky remains bathed in pitch darkness until god turns the lights on full at precisely 7:10.
That’s pretty much it, you’ve obviously not spent any time in the Tropics. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 01:49:52 AM by Robittybob1 »

Online Wonderfulspam

« Reply #267 on: January 08, 2020, 07:43:32 AM »

You yourself said there's 30 minutes of twilight before dawn, did you not?

Are you taking that back now?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 01:51:21 AM by Robittybob1 »

Offline The General

« Reply #268 on: January 08, 2020, 07:54:02 AM »
And you do them the same courtesy of course hence knowing nothing about sunrises near the equator.
What do you want to know?
Night time in the jungle comes like that [snaps fingers]. One minute it's gloomy, then next you can't see your hand in front of your face.
Untrained, getting lost would be the first thing you would do.

Having said that, the environs of the resort would be lit up like Vegas, surely?
The 2nd Youngest Member of the Forum

Offline Venturi Swirl

« Reply #269 on: January 08, 2020, 08:04:56 AM »
What do you want to know?
Night time in the jungle comes like that [snaps fingers]. One minute it's gloomy, then next you can't see your hand in front of your face.
Untrained, getting lost would be the first thing you would do.

Having said that, the environs of the resort would be lit up like Vegas, surely?
I lived there for years but thanks for the insight.  I doubt a six house eco resort in the middle of the jungle was lit up like Vegas in the middle of the night, silly observation imo.